PDA

View Full Version : Missing Fob, need to change battery

Stephen Biko
11/02/2009, 12:53 PM
My VX has been garaged for a couple of years, but now I need to start using it again. Problem is, I've misplaced the fob. I still have a factory key on my regular key-ring and it works to unlock the doors, etc.

But the battery is dead and when I go to change it, the alarm goes off.
Is there a way to turn the alarm off with just the factory key?

Thanks

tom4bren
11/02/2009, 01:04 PM
I don't think there is.

There is a procedure though for reprogramming the alarm system for several different modes. I'll have to look it up in the manual tonight (it's something like having your key turned to the ACC position, turning on your left turn signal, then opening and closing your door 3 times within 10 seconds). I'll try to scan that section & post for you.

Tom

Stephen Biko
11/02/2009, 01:16 PM
Is that the regular owners manual that is black and green?
I think I still have my copy.

tom4bren
11/02/2009, 01:24 PM
IIRC, there is a seperate manual for the security system. I'll let you know.

MSHardeman
11/02/2009, 03:29 PM
I've set my factory alarm off by accident a couple of time (opened the door without disarming) and I've been able to just put the key in the ignition and either turn it to run or start the VX and the alarm has stopped. Maybe give that a try? Put the new battery in then start the VX while the alarm is going and it should stop.:luck:

tom4bren
11/03/2009, 04:50 AM
Sorry Steve - I didn't getr done last night. I arrived home to a minor emergency & it completely slipped my mind.

One of our golden retrievers decided to go for a swim in the pool & couldn't get back out & almost drowned. She prolly ripped a hole in the liner which really pissed me off since I've been battling that problem for a year now (from the last time she did the same thing).

Anyway, hope to look it up tonight.

tom4bren
11/05/2009, 12:55 PM
Steve,

The Keyless vehicle security system manual is seperate from the vehicle manual.

According to page 10 of the manual, what you need to do is: insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it "ON-ACC-ON" to disable an alarm.

Page 10 also indicates that the alarm will sound when power in the vehicle is lost, then restored. So what you've been experiencing is perfectly normal.

I'll try to scan the manual but it probably won't happen till late next week.

deermagnet
11/05/2009, 02:07 PM
Scott has the Keyless Entry Security Manual available as a pdf in the download section right here.

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=10 (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=10)

Mark

tom4bren
11/05/2009, 02:19 PM
Dang - I just scanned it. I guess I should have looked first.

Note:

Pages 9 & 10 are out of sequence in that copy.

handeeman
11/05/2009, 02:26 PM
Dang - I just scanned it. I guess I should have looked first.

Note:

Pages 9 & 10 are out of sequence in that copy.

Can't ya just unscan it ? but besure and unscan 10 before ya unscan 9 or you'll unscan outta sequence.

tom4bren
11/05/2009, 06:40 PM
Can't ya just unscan it ? but besure and unscan 10 before ya unscan 9 or you'll unscan outta sequence.

I have no response to that.

Stephen Biko
11/06/2009, 11:48 AM
I've set my factory alarm off by accident a couple of time (opened the door without disarming) and I've been able to just put the key in the ignition and either turn it to run or start the VX and the alarm has stopped. Maybe give that a try? Put the new battery in then start the VX while the alarm is going and it should stop.:luck:

Thanks. That worked. It was also mentioned in the manual that Mark pointed out.

BTW, if you haven't read the alarm manual yet, it is totally worth it. I always wanted my VX to automatically lock itself after I got out and it turns out you can set the alarm to do that. Now I just need to buy a replacement fob so I can use the alarm. There are a handful on ebay with wildly different prices - does anyone have a recommendation?

handeeman
11/06/2009, 12:29 PM
Also this link may help when ya get the new remote.
Keyless Remote Programming (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=901&highlight=remote+programing)
RobVX
I got both fobs with mine but it's nice to know.