PDA

View Full Version : Material to create a custom grill

MiamiVX
08/08/2003, 07:16 PM
I知 looking for some plastic stock that I can use to create a custom grill. Specifically I知 looking for a small diamond cut-out pattern similar to what you see on the lower air-dam on the BMW痴. My plan is to create a paper pattern first and then cut the plastic stock with a Dremmel tool. I will likely have to grind-down the original portion of the grill that housed the ISUZU badge once removed, to make surface flat. I then plan to simply glue the new plastic stock cut-outs over the existing grill using weather strip adhesive. If the diamond plastic cut-out pattern is small enough I suspect that you will likely not even see the original grill pattern behind it. If I get creative I might even select a color and spray paint the outward facing portion of the new grill prior to gluing it on. I have to believe this is something I can wip together to look a hell of a lot better the naked de-badged grill. Any leads regarding where to find the plastic grill stock will be helpful.

SCUDD
08/09/2003, 08:23 AM
I've got a extra grille somewhere. I tried painting it and it didn't come out to well! If you want something to practice on I can let you have it for$25 plus shipping.
Rod

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/09/2003, 09:02 AM
MiamiVX....check here first (if you already haven't) and see if any of these custom grille inserts are too your liking....save you alot of work making your own if you want one of these.

http://vehicrossconcepts.homestead.com/vxc1.html