PDA

View Full Version : FOUND IT! (I hope)

Polie
12/09/2009, 06:05 PM
Well now that I am getting better from the wreck it is TIME to buy a VX. I found one at the dealership today and fell in love with it. The said he wants 12k for it but I found it online for 9.7k I think I may offer 7k with 4k cash with the rest financed and see what he says.

(please dont trace it back and buy it out from under me, it going to be a few days before I have all my ducks in a row to purchase it lol)

Now for the good part!

pics :)

http://photos.mydealerbiz.com/acl1ACU/79549/jpBDR_640480.jpg
http://photos.mydealerbiz.com/acl1ACU/79549/jqxGH_640480.jpg
http://photos.mydealerbiz.com/acl1ACU/79549/LSjwZ_640480.jpg
http://photos.mydealerbiz.com/acl1ACU/79549/DJZLn_640480.jpg
http://photos.mydealerbiz.com/acl1ACU/79549/akoxX_640480.jpg
http://photos.mydealerbiz.com/acl1ACU/79549/d157Y_640480.jpg
(yes it IS functional)
http://photos.mydealerbiz.com/acl1ACU/79549/W20Zu_640480.jpg
http://photos.mydealerbiz.com/acl1ACU/79549/q2DNU_640480.jpg

ZEUS
12/09/2009, 06:08 PM
Pretty wicked VX, Polie! That is a nice find...

P.S. - take some shots of that roof rack for us, it looks trick!

Gussie2000
12/09/2009, 06:13 PM
Almost perfect ! :yeso:

Just get those big bang fog lights lamps off & you'll be straight :yesb:

Those racks looks very tricky for sure

Triathlete
12/09/2009, 06:20 PM
I like the lights. But it is missing the factory round lights. When you get it you will be all set for our next Az. wheeling trip!:bwgy:

Polie
12/09/2009, 06:57 PM
see if this helps it al all, it a phone cam pic but it may help you :)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/2009-12-09_10_52_28.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16373)

I am seriously thinking of seeing if he wants to take a trade-in on my Zuk. I have over 14k in parts alone in it, but my passion is now with the VX. lol

Most of the Zukers I have talked to have said you Isuzu guys are a good bunch of people, especially this group here.

EDIT: anyone know where to get a set of factory lights?

VX KAT
12/09/2009, 07:02 PM
we've seen this one listed on craigslist and then listed at the dealership. In case you hadn't seen the thread, here it is: Hope it works out for you! :thumbup: I'm just up the hill near Prescott, hope to meet ya someday!
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16938&highlight=nate

Triathlete
12/09/2009, 07:28 PM
Polie,
Sorry to get off topic, but I want to see more pics and info of that little beast in your profile. You going to make it down to Tucson for Put Up Or Shut Up? (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17000)

Riff Raff
12/09/2009, 07:49 PM
This is the same Proton in the thread entitled: Extreme Proton for Sale in Phx

VX-KAT knows the owner and mentioned it might have been having Transmission/Transfer Case issues with it, and that may be the primary reason it's for sale (see referenced thread). Bottom Line-- have the Transmission and Transfer Case thoroughly checked-out by a private mechanic before purchase. In addition, have the mechanic check-out the CV's as well (since it's "lifted" so high).

Fellow VX member "VX-CRAZY" would be a good source to find the stock OEM spotlghts.

Polie
12/09/2009, 07:58 PM
Polie,
Sorry to get off topic, but I want to see more pics and info of that little beast in your profile. You going to make it down to Tucson for Put Up Or Shut Up? (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17000)

I need to get off my arse and replace the head gasket and re-think my fuel system. ie either replace the Weber 36DCNF with a cv Harley carb or go propane.

RR,

thanks for the info I WILL make sure to do that. Any ideas of a good mechanic in Phoenix?

pbkid
12/09/2009, 08:29 PM
wow. nice ride for sure!!
congrats! :thumbup::_beer:

Riff Raff
12/09/2009, 08:58 PM
RR,

thanks for the info I WILL make sure to do that. Any ideas of a good mechanic in Phoenix?

No problem, glad to be lookin' out for ya'. Please give fellow VX member "VX-KAT" a shout. She's knows best within the State of Arizona.

Polie
12/10/2009, 12:25 AM
Polie,

The buggy?

Thats my next major project. I am giving myself 2 years to get everything ready, bent, painted, and to assemble it. I am buying a basic 1 seater 'moonbuggy' chassis to save time bending, but everything else I am doing. I already am working the 350 which will be a 383, rockwell axles with disk breaks setup for rearsteer , 700r4 tranny, and an atlas 4-speed. I think the best bet will be the 54" boggers, hey its go big or go home :) Right now I am getting everything ready to go and just put it all together. I have sold off my mig welding and will be buying a 3in1 plasma, stick, and tig welder and just tig everything.

crotchrocket
12/10/2009, 01:34 AM
VX looks cool but I don’t understand the cost, Did you find the same VX that he is selling for 12K with an online price of 9.7k? If so pay 9.7k not 7 + 4 :D

tom4bren
12/10/2009, 03:42 AM
VX looks cool but I don’t understand the cost, Did you find the same VX that he is selling for 12K with an online price of 9.7k? If so pay 9.7k not 7 + 4 :D

I think he was gonna go 7 with 4 of that in cash. In this economy ... might just work.

crotchrocket
12/10/2009, 03:47 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhh i see now, lol..................i'll go sit in the corner with the Dunce cap!!

samneil2000
12/10/2009, 05:37 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhh i see now, lol..................i'll go sit in the corner with the Dunce cap!!

Just stick a coin on your head and hush... :p

That is a nice looking VX. I hope everything works out and you land it.

tom4bren
12/10/2009, 07:55 AM

Just push pbkid out of the way. His turn's up.

ZubrAZ
12/10/2009, 08:48 AM
although, i'm wishing you best luck in purchase, but such an offer does not look reasonable. if it was priced at 12k initially, then drop to 9.7k, the dealer must own it for about under 8k. + taxes and doc fees. thats another at least 1k. so, comes to about 9k total.

nfpgasmask
12/10/2009, 09:45 AM
Just get those big bang fog lights lamps off & you'll be straight :yesb:

x2, I was gonna say the exact same thing. Loose the ugly lights and you found a gem. Just make sure the mods aren't shoddy. Check the CVs from broken boots too.

Bart

Triathlete
12/10/2009, 10:42 AM
The buggy?

Thats my next major project. I am giving myself 2 years to get everything ready, bent, painted, and to assemble it. I am buying a basic 1 seater 'moonbuggy' chassis to save time bending, but everything else I am doing. I already am working the 350 which will be a 383, rockwell axles with disk breaks setup for rearsteer , 700r4 tranny, and an atlas 4-speed. I think the best bet will be the 54" boggers, hey its go big or go home :) Right now I am getting everything ready to go and just put it all together. I have sold off my mig welding and will be buying a 3in1 plasma, stick, and tig welder and just tig everything.

Hmmm! You realize that won't fit on most Az trails. But it sounds cool. Do you do a lot of fab work? I may just have to pay you a visit if you do!:bwgy:

Polie
12/10/2009, 10:53 AM
Hmmm! You realize that won't fit on most Az trails. But it sounds cool. Do you do a lot of fab work? I may just have to pay you a visit if you do!:bwgy:

I'm not really set on the tires yet. lol When I do buy them what will probably happen is that I will just find a set of 44"+ used tires and start from there.

I used to do a lot more fab work, but I ended up selling most of my tools a couple of years ago to get out of debt, now I am once again restocking the garage. lol I still need a couple of things, but I have almost everything I need. I am still keeping an eye out for a gas powered mig welder to put in a truck for camp repairs and field work.

pbkid
12/10/2009, 01:13 PM
thanks for takin the dunce cap off my back CR!

and personally, just for the record..... i dig the fog lights :thumbup:
gives it a nice rally look

ZEUS
12/10/2009, 01:37 PM
and personally, just for the record..... i dig the fog lights :thumbup:
gives it a nice rally look X2 or 3 if you count Billy! KEEP 'EM for we have spoken! :)

tom4bren
12/10/2009, 01:41 PM
X4 on the fog lights

If you pull them tho, send them my way ... I'll put them to good use.

VX KAT
12/10/2009, 04:02 PM
I like the lights. :bwgy:
OK, I'll admit it, I'm with Billy here, I like the big (kinda goofy) yellow lights! :thumbup: Maybe it's an Arizona thang! Ya gotta love they're color coordinated!

pbkid
12/10/2009, 05:13 PM
X4 on the fog lights

i've got second dibs if tom doesnt get em for some reason.

Gussie2000
12/10/2009, 06:34 PM
OK, I'll admit it, I'm with Billy here, I like the big (kinda goofy) yellow lights! :thumbup: Maybe it's an Arizona thang! Ya gotta love they're color coordinated!

Oh no,you got to be kidding Ms sue.....:flower:

No,no,no,those fog are too goofy looking;Isn't about the yellow color,they just to don't look right on the VX.

Remove the fog lights for a second,take another pic without them & get it in here,let's see what the assembly have to say......:p

To be less conservative if you hook up those fog lights on a bull bar i may give you a break LOL

Ldub
12/10/2009, 07:23 PM
X4 on the fog lights

X 6, I like em' too!...:yes:-:thumbup:

Triathlete
12/10/2009, 07:54 PM
Its unanimous...all the kool kids dig 'em!:thumbup:

ZEUS
12/11/2009, 07:39 AM
Its unanimous...all the kool kids dig 'em!:thumbup:HAHA! WOOOT! Yellow lights of love!

Ldub
12/11/2009, 03:21 PM
lights of love!

L0L...:laughing:

Polie
12/11/2009, 07:05 PM
CARFAX

Title History
CARFAX guarantees the information in this section Owners 1-3 Owner 4 Owner 5

Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt | Fire | Flood | Hail | Lemon Guaranteed
No Problem Guaranteed
No Problem Guaranteed
No Problem
Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits Guaranteed
No Problem Guaranteed
No Problem Guaranteed
No Problem
GUARANTEED - None of these major title problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you find that any of these title problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.
Register | View Terms
Additional History
Not all accidents / issues are reported to CARFAX Owners 1-3 Owner 4 Owner 5

Total Loss
No total loss reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported
Structural / Frame Damage
No structural / frame damage reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported
Airbag Deployment
No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported
Odometer Rollback
No indication of an odometer rollback.

No Issues Indicated

No Issues Indicated

No Issues Indicated
Accident / Damage
No accidents or damage reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported
Manufacturer Recall
No recalls still require repair.

No Recalls Reported

No Recalls Reported

No Recalls Reported
Basic Warranty
Original warranty estimated to have expired. Interested in an extended warranty?

Warranty
Expired

Warranty
Expired

Warranty
Expired
Tell us what you know about this vehicle
Hot Listings®
Looking for other 2001 ISUZU VehiCROSS S vehicles like this one in your area?
Search CARFAX Hot Listings for an up-to-date list of vehicles in your area, all with the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee!
Click here...
Glossary
Detailed History

Owner 1
Purchased: 2001
Type: Personal
Where: Nevada
Est. miles/year: 11,315/yr
Est. length owned: 6/27/01 - 9/12/03
(2 yrs. 2 mo.)

CARFAX Xpert
Low mileage! This owner drove an estimated 11,315 miles per year, lower than the industry average of 15,000 miles. These vehicles can be a better value.

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
07/26/2000 Isuzu Motors America Gray/black interior
Proton yellow exterior
Vehicle manufactured
02/12/2001 Isuzu Motors America Vehicle shipped to original dealer in Nevada
02/27/2001 20 Dealer Inventory
Henderson, NV Vehicle offered for sale
06/27/2001 Nevada
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Las Vegas, NV First owner reported
Registered as
personal vehicle
09/12/2003 25,419 Auto Auction Sold at auction
in Desert Southwest Region
Listed as
a dealer vehicle
CARFAX Xpert
Dealers routinely buy and sell millions of used vehicles at auction each year.
09/17/2003 Power Chrysler Jeep -Scottsdale
Scottsdale, AZ
480-994-4999
www.autonation.com Vehicle serviced
09/23/2003 Dealer Inventory
Phoenix, AZ Vehicle offered for sale
11/11/2003 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale

Owner 2
Purchased: 2007
Where: Colorado
Est. miles/year: ---
Est. length owned: 4/6/07 - 10/17/07
(6 months)

04/06/2007 63,421 Colorado
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Colorado Springs, CO
Title #292805 Title or registration issued
New owner reported
Registration updated when owner moved
the vehicle to a new location
10/11/2007 Tim's Hyundai Isuzu
Prescott, AZ
928-445-8044
www.timsauto.com Pre-delivery inspection completed
10/17/2007 70,449 Tim's Buick Pontiac GMC Toyota
Prescott, AZ
928-445-7350
www.timsauto.com Vehicle sold

Owner 3
Purchased: 2007
Where: Arizona
Est. length owned: 11/8/07 - 6/15/09
(1 yr. 7 mo.)

11/08/2007 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Prescott Valley, AZ
Title #0Y14007312034 Title or registration issued
New owner reported
11/21/2007 Tim's Hyundai Isuzu
Prescott, AZ
928-445-8044
www.timsauto.com Steering/suspension checked
01/09/2008 Tim's Hyundai Isuzu
Prescott, AZ
928-445-8044
www.timsauto.com Oil and filter changed chassis lubricated
Steering/suspension checked

Owner 4
Purchased: 2009
Type: Lease
Est. length owned: 6/15/09 - 7/27/09
(1 month)

06/15/2009 88,239 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Tucson, AZ
Title #BA15009166039 Title or registration issued
New owner reported
Registered as lease vehicle
07/27/2009 Auto Auction Sold at auction
in Desert Southwest Region
Listed as
a fleet vehicle
08/03/2009 Arizona
Inspection Station
Maricopa County Passed emissions inspection

Owner 5
Purchased: 2009
Est. length owned: 8/24/09 - present
(3 months)

08/24/2009 88,369 Arizona
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Youngtown, AZ
Title #0D04009236054 Title or registration issued
New owner reported
12/11/2009 Isuzu Motors America No recalls open for repair

SO, it looks like it WAS registered in Prescott. :noo:

VX KAT
12/11/2009, 08:56 PM
Man I'm glad you asked for the Carfax, like I mentioned in my PM, 'cuz the guy who answered the Craigslist posting specifically told me it was NOT from Prescott. I thought it looked too similar to the one that guy up here had....sure looked awful similar for such a rare vehicle! I don't know where the "Supercharged" logos went, maybe they were only logos, and it didn't really have a S/C so the dealer removed them.

I think RiffRaff was a bit overly confident in my knowledge base :mbrasd:...I don't know any mechanics in Phx, but I have a good shop up here called Northern Arizona Alignment, ATV & off-road 928-772-7220. They're shop is in Prescott Valley. Dale is owner, Branden is his son.

Call them, they may know someone good in the valley. They do all kinds of ATV, sand rail and off roading, so they may well know somebody in the valley.

I'm having my Kilby skid plates delivered there and will be going up there really soon to get them installed, so I can ask them too.

And I'll mention again, when I was talking to the previous owner (Nate) he told me he had ongoing problems with the transfer case or transmission. He was a mechanic so he knew what was what. Another interesting tidbit, when I took my VX to Tim's Toyota (Isuzu) (mentioned on the CarFax) the service advisor told me they had a yellow one brought in to them fairly frequently for work....so it must have had some ongoing problems. This would be the one, Nate confirmed that for me.

Nate's ID here on the forum is "moonbuggyman", maybe you could write to him using his email (not PM) address for more info. I have his phone number, if you're still interested in this one, let me know and I'll call Nate and get you two in touch.
His profile shows it with last 4 digits of VIN# 0198.

Hope it helps ya out! At least maybe help ya drive the price down much further and to know what to really check out on it,' cuz I think the dealer may be lyin' a bit.

miceli
01/05/2010, 11:40 AM
So I am the one who ended up buying the car, whether it was a sound idea or not, only time will tell. I love it so far. It drives wonderfully. I am bringing it up to flagstaff soon, but I would like to get in contact with the previous owner. I think you said you knew him VX KAT.

ZEUS
01/05/2010, 12:11 PM
So I am the one who ended up buying the car, whether it was a sound idea or not, only time will tell. I love it so far. It drives wonderfully. I am bringing it up to flagstaff soon, but I would like to get in contact with the previous owner. I think you said you knew him VX KAT.WELCOME to the madness! As mentioned before, would you mind taking pics of that custom roof rack thingamabob for us? Looks cool! Congrats on the purchase, hope it's all you hoped for...

VX KAT
01/05/2010, 01:38 PM
So I am the one who ended up buying the car, whether it was a sound idea or not, only time will tell. I love it so far. It drives wonderfully. I am bringing it up to flagstaff soon, but I would like to get in contact with the previous owner. I think you said you knew him VX KAT.
I just spoke to him and he's happy to talk with ya. I'll PM his number to ya.
And since I couldn't recall for sure if he'd had problems with the tranny or the transfer case, he confirmed it was the tx case that gave him fits. Forgot to ask about the supercharger...was it really s/c'd or not....
by the way, what's yer first name...I didn't know.

Triathlete
01/05/2010, 01:45 PM
Another 'zonie VXer!:thumbup:

ZubrAZ
01/05/2010, 05:00 PM
Miceli, if you are busy to take pics yourself, I could stop by and do it, since I'm highly inteersted in the alternative to yakima roof rack. Is this the one from Scottsdale rd dealership? I saw a proton the other day on scottsdale rd south or north from thomas rd

Ldub
01/05/2010, 11:13 PM
http://photos.mydealerbiz.com/acl1ACU/79549/q2DNU_640480.jpg

Forgot to ask about the supercharger...was it really s/c'd or not....

If this be the same V-hicle, I'd say NOT...:smilewink