PDA

View Full Version : Whoops....pesky 4wd stick

JAMAS
01/31/2010, 04:28 PM
I just got done installing my seat extenders (thank you mr. Tom) and cleaned everything up and put things back in the VX. A bit later, I went to grab something out of the back seat area I totally forgot that I put my window scraper half on the ground, half leaning against the center console. Long story short, sliding the seat up made the window scraper force the VX out of 4H into 4L. The VX was off and in Park. I immediately drove it around it moved it from low to high and everything seemed to be functional.

sooooo.........

did I hurt stuff?

Stupid stupid stupid:_brickwal

PK
01/31/2010, 04:45 PM
I just got done installing my seat extenders (thank you mr. Tom) and cleaned everything up and put things back in the VX. A bit later, I went to grab something out of the back seat area I totally forgot that I put my window scraper half on the ground, half leaning against the center console. Long story short, sliding the seat up made the window scraper force the VX out of 4H into 4L. The VX was off and in Park. I immediately drove it around it moved it from low to high and everything seemed to be functional.

sooooo.........

did I hurt stuff?

Stupid stupid stupid:_brickwal

No worries - you can shift 4H - 4L and back in Neutral or Park. Sometimes easier in Neutral depending on the gear alignment.

PK

JoFotoz
01/31/2010, 07:26 PM
Yer all good....:p

jo

tom4bren
02/01/2010, 05:36 AM
JAMAS,

Glad the sliders went in OK. Sorry about the scare but I agree with the others, there shouldn't be any damage.

Tom

handeeman
02/01/2010, 06:10 AM
What's a window scraper and what do you use it for ?
There should be no harm done unless you broke the scraper.

tom4bren
02/01/2010, 06:22 AM
What's a window scraper and what do you use it for ?

Rekin you 'blue hair Floridians' would use it to chisel the seagull poop of'n your winders.

Mile High VX
02/01/2010, 06:50 AM
ROFL...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

handeeman
02/01/2010, 07:56 AM
Rekin you 'blue hair Floridians' would use it to chisel the seagull poop of'n your winders.

You could say that iffin I still had hair.
Sorry for the slight :ot:

tom4bren
02/01/2010, 08:44 AM
I have no response to that.

JAMAS
02/01/2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks guys!