PDA

View Full Version : Strange Throttle Noise

USMCvxOFFROAD
02/22/2010, 03:37 AM
I started getting a sucking/rattling raspy noises coming from my throttle when its closed or almost closed and it really bad when i shut her down hot or cold but when open no noise if i open it up some be for i turn her off no noise. any ideas because i'm out of them

WormGod
02/22/2010, 07:10 AM
Sucking would indicate a vacuum leak most likely, but I would also imagine you would have a CEL already or soon. If it's rattling, I would guess that is a different issue altogether, unrelated. Open throttle is probably just hiding the same sound w/ engine noise. Hard to say without digging in there.

USMCvxOFFROAD
02/23/2010, 03:24 AM
for now i think i'm going to pretend to not hear it

Ldub
02/23/2010, 03:31 AM
One known source of weird rattling noises is the heat shielding that is clamped to the exhaust system in several places.

Crawl under & trace :smack: the exhaust front to back, bet you'll find at least some of the problem...:_wrench:

Another thing I'd look at is the 22mm nut that holds the tube to the bottom of the EGR valve.

USMCvxOFFROAD
02/23/2010, 03:42 AM
not sure theres any heat shielding left haven't check the egr valve

ZubrAZ
02/23/2010, 03:40 PM
Another thing I'd look at is the 22mm nut that holds the tube to the bottom of the EGR valve.

+1. i have the same problem. when car is cold, upon slow accelerating you can hear that strange kinda rattling air noise. the problem was located: that nut on EGR valve was tighten incorrectly (twisted) allowing air to come out. i was told when the engine gets to working temp, the egr valev shuts and that explains why the sound disappears