PDA

View Full Version : Life after VX

JHarris1385
02/27/2010, 08:59 PM
I have been thinking lately (no not of selling), where will my VX be in 20-40 or even 60 (I am 25) years from now? I plan to buy another one here in the next couple of years. But even then, I have no idea what kind of market to expect or average miles to expect to have to choose from. Mine is nearing 90K now I have more than doubled the miles. I know it is far capable of reaching 200k but you just never know. I really cant see myself driving anything else. Yeah I could go and buy a Corvette or some sports car but when a VX and a Corvette are at the same gas station the VX will get more stares and questions of what is it?

I wanted to know if any of you dare to think this far or have and what have you planned? I want to buy another and keep it more street/stock and drive it more while soon retiring mine from daily driving. I do have to say I love a 2004 Axiom. At first glance I like the Rally Fighter but then after looking at it longer it is only the side profile I like. Not a fan of the grill or the tail. I think they slacked there. Plus its not 4x4. I dont like the FJ since teenage girl can drive it, the H4 is great but its iffy in production or maybe 100% out. Even then the H4 would probably be like a Jeep and seen everywhere, which I dont want.

So lets hear it.....

Ldub
02/27/2010, 11:16 PM
Sorry John...:confusedw

I usually have a pretty good imagination, but at this point, I can't imagine being happy driving anything else.

Maybe an RSC, but I doubt if that will ever see a showroom floor.

A heavily modded monster Rodeo Sport (Amigo) has occupied little shards of my brain somewhere in the background as an addendum, but that would be some time in the distant future.

I dunno, you may be bordering on blasphemy here...:laughing:

THERE IS NO LIFE AFTER VehiCROSS!

One vehicle that I would consider as a possible D-D for work/grocery getting duties etc. (in addition to Suzy) Is a Scion Xa.
I don't know exactly why, I just always liked the way they can be made to look...might be economical & fun to tinker with.:naughty:.:smack:

http://www.danstoy.net/images/scion-XA.gif

Cobrajet
02/28/2010, 05:32 AM
Whatever it is... it hasn't been built yet. Some day the VehiCROSS may be retired, but it will still maintain a place in my garage, along with my '70 Torino, and '82 Mustang. I'll be retired, too! The economy, the environment, and the auto industry will have a big impact on my next buying experience. Whatever it is... it better be GOOD!

samneil2000
02/28/2010, 05:40 AM
I like the looks of the Axiom myself. I have been curious about that thing, but not enough to bother doing any research. Is it 2 or 4 wheel drive? Tame suspension or fancy 4 link like the VX? (I'm thinking tame).

Every time I drive my VX to work, I notice someone in another car taking a picture of it. I can't think of anything else that has that effect on people, not even most exotics. Ok, I can think of one thing but it's not a car... :bgwb:

crotchrocket
02/28/2010, 07:06 AM
I dont see any need to worry guys, it'll simply mean an electric conversion to any vehicle you want to keep !!! Check this out for instance!

http://www.avt.uk.com/

http://www.everything-ev.com/basic-ac-conversion-kit-to-suit-vehicles-up-to-1400-kg-p-462.html

To my mind, it seams that these conversions wil only get better and more affordable, i mean it may be less to buy an electric conversion than get a new car someday. you never know you could have one motor per wheel, no gearboxes, transpher cases, diffs OIL. Just set all 4 wheels to drive at the same time :D

I will need a CD of V8 engine noises though to play whilst driving!

Scott Harness
02/28/2010, 07:17 AM
I will need a CD of V8 engine noises though to play whilst driving!
Definitely LOL

Riff Raff
02/28/2010, 09:10 AM
That's too easy. Since the H4/HX is officially dead due to the Chinese backing out of the Hummer transaction deal. There is only one truck on the future horizon that I would consider buying-- it is the awesome 2-door FORD BRONCO CONCEPT. Just do an internet search for "FORD BRONCO CONCEPT", and then prepare yourself to drool.:drool2:

I saw the FORD BRONCO CONCEPT up close and personal at the International Auto Show in Seattle a few years ago and it is totally bad-@***!!! Take a peek; you'll agree!!!:yeso:

pbkid
02/28/2010, 10:03 AM
well i can say that life after the VX is a very boring and mundane. you definately dont get looks from anyone on the road, because usually the other person is driving the same car.
however, it DOES-
have more room!
come with a locker :naughty:
have infinite amounts of aftermarket parts available.

my choice if i could afford it though?? S-T-I!!!!! retain the AWD, sportyness, and the go everywhere attitude

Knivx
02/28/2010, 12:46 PM
I like the axiom and wouldnt mind getting one, probably for the wife though. She really likes the Ford Edge so she'll probably end up with one of those before long. I really like the current Inifiniti FX. I wouldn't mind my next vehicle or dd to be a truck and really love the Ford SVT Raptor. I think it'd be unique to a point. Kinda like the Vette and VX at gas station thought. I'm sure there will be more of them built than the VX. Why not just keep updating the VX with modern components. Probably be as much as buying a new rig.

But I only show 69k and only drive about 3 miles on an average day so thats still long off for me.:bgwb:

Triathlete
02/28/2010, 02:55 PM
One vehicle that I would consider as a possible D-D for work/grocery getting duties etc. (in addition to Suzy) Is a Scion Xa.
I don't know exactly why, I just always liked the way they can be made to look...might be economical & fun to tinker with.:naughty:.:smack:

http://www.danstoy.net/images/scion-XA.gif

How ya gonna stuff 35's on that?:_huh::_thinking

JHarris1385
02/28/2010, 05:05 PM
shoot I dont know about an Xa.

I like the Axiom alot. Direct injection.

Ldub
03/01/2010, 01:44 AM
How ya gonna stuff 35's on that?:_huh::_thinking

http://www.diseno-art.com/images_2/air_chisel.jpg

:naughty:...:smack:...:naughty:...:smack:... :naughty:

vt_maverick
03/01/2010, 02:21 PM
I like the looks of the Axiom myself. I have been curious about that thing, but not enough to bother doing any research. Is it 2 or 4 wheel drive? Tame suspension or fancy 4 link like the VX? (I'm thinking tame).

My wife and I bought a 2004 Axiom a year ago and have been very pleased so far. We got the XS package, which gives you all the bells and whistles (leather, CD changer, etc.). Haven't done any modding other than to add a roof rack to carry our cargo box.

It has the same (or at least similar) 2H-TOD-4L-Winter mode set-up that's in the JDM VX's, and so far it's proven pretty capable (great on plentiful snow/ice in Wisconsin over the holidays). You don't have the premium shocks like you do on the VX, but you do get push-button suspension adjustment (Normal/Sport). Would prefer to have bigger/better tires, but isn't that always the way? :p Only downside I can think of is that there's not a lot of leg room for the driver even with the seat all the way back. Post questions here or in a separate PM and I'll be glad to answer them.

We have a 1 year-old and a dog and it's practical for that, but if we have another (kid or dog) we'll probably move up to something bigger. (Thinking 1997 Land Cruiser 40th Anniversary Edition - or something like that lol.)

RallyDude
03/24/2010, 01:54 AM
Try and hold out for a 2004 Axiom if thats what your thinking of getting. My mechanic is big on Axioms. They look great, are different, and a great deal to pick up on the used market. My mechanic told me there were several problems with the first two years, that they finally fixed in '04. The '04 also has a redesigned dash that is much nicer. The '04 had more horses and torque because of the new direct injection, which my mechanic said felt like a lot stronger than the numbers reflect. Another bonus-- better gas mileage.

vt_maverick
03/24/2010, 05:01 AM
^ What he said. :)