PDA

View Full Version : squeak

Moonrover
03/05/2010, 11:18 AM
so i have noticed a squeak coming from the serpentine belt fan area and i have no idea where to pinpoint the noise, it gets louder when i accelerate. i changed the belt (which i got from auto-zone) around thanksgiving time and it didnt squeak then, any pointers or suggestions on what to do i dont think its serious but id like to resolve it?

tom4bren
03/05/2010, 11:47 AM
Kill the mouse.:)

Seriously tho, you said it gets louder with engine speed but does it change pitch too? If it changes pitch, I'd say it's a bearing on one of the driven components. If it doesn't, then I'd say it has something to do with the idler (if we have one - haven't looked yet).

hxdiaz
03/05/2010, 08:08 PM
Changing the belt tensioner might be a good idea.

Scott Harness
03/06/2010, 12:46 PM
Just to see if the belt is slipping,try hairspray(Aqua Net) super sticky,Then try the tensioner.
Mine squeaks a little when it's cold,but stops after it warms up

Ldub
03/06/2010, 11:02 PM
Just to see if the belt is slipping,try hairspray(Aqua Net) super sticky,Then try the tensioner.
Mine squeaks a little when it's cold,but stops after it warms up

Mine is the same...get a squeak when it's really cold, that goes away when the engine warms up. Don't hear it all summer.
Also, if you ran outta Aqua Net shortly after the 80's hairband craze was over, most parts stores have belt dressing available...:smilewink

Scott Harness
03/07/2010, 08:20 AM
Mine is the same...get a squeak when it's really cold, that goes away when the engine warms up. Don't hear it all summer.
Also, if you ran outta Aqua Net shortly after the 80's hairband craze was over, most parts stores have belt dressing available...:smilewink

TJ...I wish I still had hair