PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run Isuzu Snowflakes?

RamAirZ
04/12/2010, 09:15 PM
I've always loved the Isuzu Snowflake rims and was wondering if anyone has ran them on a VX, just wondering how they would look. Here's a shot of them for anyone that doesn't know what they look like (I assume everyone does know though).

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad60/mikeybikey82/Vehicles/snowflakes3.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Jaybird323/fall%20crawl/l_11d2a220367b4c7d8639c1f6114b0313.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh318/chevy69c10/finished%20troop/07-21-09020.jpg

Anyone wanna do a photoshop :bgwb:

WormGod
04/13/2010, 07:02 AM
I had kept the set off my old Amigo and put them on my '97 Rodeo that came with steelies (ended up selling them to a guy that put them on his old Toyota pickup). They are a solid but heavy wheel. 15x7 IIRC. I always liked that wheel.

ZEUS
04/13/2010, 07:30 AM
Todd Adams run them on his VX...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/YAY.jpg

Todd Adams
04/13/2010, 07:49 AM
They are a good match for the 10.5 x 33 x 15 BFG's I run

nfpgasmask
04/13/2010, 09:49 AM
I think they would look good on an Astral. For any other color VX I would take them in and have them powder coated black!! If I ever get an '89 RS, I will be running black flakes if I can...

:evil: Bart

RamAirZ
04/13/2010, 09:59 AM
They have the 15x7's (1st gen troopers) and also the 16x7.5's (1st gen Rodeos) which I would like to run actually lol. I'll wait until I see my VX in person before I decide but I might wanna sell my 18's (I think they are the silver Borbet's) and pick up some snowflakes, tires are easier to come by, I find my selection in 18's is limited or WAY overpriced IMO. They look good on Todd's truck, wonder how they would look on an orange one hehe. I wanted to run them on my 97' but I got a good deal on the wheels I ended up running. And Bart, there was an RS here not too long ago for $400! Needed a headgasket but they sold it fast!

vt_maverick
04/13/2010, 10:04 AM
...I think they are the silver Borbet's...

I think so too, but it looks like they have chrome caps maybe? Hard to tell from the pics you posted, but if so, I believe member stvdino got $450 or so for his Borbets a few weeks ago. Just an FYI for pricing. :)

Can't wait to see the pics when you get it.

nfpgasmask
04/13/2010, 10:22 AM
And Bart, there was an RS here not too long ago for $400! Needed a headgasket but they sold it fast!

Yeah, if I could find one for that cheap, regardless of problems I would buy it. I almost bought one 2 weeks ago but the seller "lost" the title so I couldn't buy it. Probably a good thing as I really DON'T need another vehicle.

Bart

RamAirZ
04/13/2010, 10:33 AM
lol ya you have a fleet starting already. I can't talk though, I had one myself not too long ago. Between my 70' Camaro, the 85' Suburban, the 91' Suburban and my wifes car, we had a full lot out here lol. I sold off all my toys though to help with the house and the move. Now I found a new toy since I did my part :), a little reward I guess you could say, too bad the wife didn't pay for it haha. I asked my friend to try and take some better pics for me, he's picking it up today for me and parking it at his house. Thanks for the tip on pricing, I was wondering that myself. That could pay for tires on the 16's haha. I'm not a cheap skate by far, but if I can make money off what I have and buy something I want with it and end up being cheaper, just seems smart to me! That is unless I REALLY love the wheels that are on there, which I may, in which case then I will be getting some larger tires soon :)

nfpgasmask
04/13/2010, 10:54 AM
lol ya you have a fleet starting already.

Yeah, that's the problem. I've already put the VX on the back burner to get some of the stuff done on the Trooper. The Falcon I haven't touched in months. It's just very hard to straddle 3 vehicles at the same time. It just seems like you never run out of stuff to spend money on when you have more than one car. Simply put, adding a RS to the fleet is most definitely not a smart move. Granted, my way of rationalizing it, is that I buy it, park it out front, and work on it when I feel like it. No pressure, just so long as it's mine!! :evil: But greed never gets you anywhere. I suppose if I made 3 times as much money, all of these things would be no big deal. But alas, I am stuck where I am and I can only do one thing at a time. Yet, I am grateful to have a job and be able to afford what I already have...albeit barely!! :laughing:

Bart

RamAirZ
04/13/2010, 11:23 AM
lol ya I know how that is man. I can't wait to get moved and our monthly "rent" (now mortgage) payment will be half of what we are paying now, yet our income won't change! It's gonna be awesome! That is if the wife doesn't make me pay of bills first :rollb: haha

Hiredgoon
05/09/2011, 12:06 AM
I just scored a set of four of these today, in 16".

The clear coating on the aluminum is a bit sketchy in spots but at $150 for all 4 with rubber (even almost bald rubber) I couldn't pass em up. I have a couple of pics but I'll wait until I get them shined to post some. It'll be a couple of months before they get mounted, but I was too excited to wait. The PO took them off of his Amigo, and put a set of 15" Mitsubishi rims on it (which also looked pretty sweet.)

RamAirZ
05/09/2011, 12:11 AM
Awesome! I love the snowflakes, did you see my Astral when I had the snowflakes on it?