PDA

View Full Version : New tires

hitnrun74
08/21/2003, 05:38 PM
Hey all, just got new tires. I went with Kumho Ecstas 255/55/18 on my stock wheels. I am really pleased with them. Road noise didn't increase, but the handling seems quite a bit tighter. I was really happy with the wider look of them as well. Everything I read showed them to be comparable, if not slightly superior to the pirellis. Biggest difference according to reviewers was wet traction and snow handling. I'll let everyone know how they wear.

Zu4two
08/21/2003, 09:38 PM
I got a set of Kumho (255/55/18) STX's about a month and a half ago. They replaced my Pirelli Scorpion zero's. I like them a lot. Their handling is very neutral. They don't seem to track in tire ruts as bad as my zero's did. I don't think they have quite the dry traction that the zero's had, or maybe it's that they start to squeal as they reach the edge of adhesion. The zero's would stay quiet, right up to when they let go. The height/width ratio on the STX's are a little shorter/wider than the similarly sized zero's, giving the VX an awesome look. And let's not forget a very compelling reason for purchase... they were over $150 cheaper a set than the scorpion's.

driver3
08/22/2003, 09:45 AM
But I have the 285/60/18's... They're really wide, nice fit, I love them. I think the traction is amazing.. especially in wet weather, although I got stuck in some pretty easy mud the other day, they have no mud traction whatsoever.. but I have my 265/75/16's for that, these are for summer street....