PDA

View Full Version : change time on radio

soggybottomboyz
04/28/2010, 08:33 AM
How do you change the time on an OEM VX radio?

Thanks,

Soggy

vt_maverick
04/28/2010, 09:12 AM
I believe you hold down the AM/FM button while pressing the 1 or 2 buttons (they're labeled with H and M for hours and minutes). Don't take that to the bank though, the previous owner actually wrote the clock change page # on the outside of my manual out of frustration. :)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG0354.JPG

tom4bren
04/28/2010, 10:19 AM
The instructions above are correct.

I looked in the Download Section, there used to be a scanned copy of the Owner's Manual there - it's gone. I looked in my archives & only found a copy of the Owner's Manual for '99 which doesn't show the Radio operation. I had scanned my copy of the Owner's Manual for 2000 but can't find it.

I PM'd Moncha about the missing files from the DL Section & will post a link when they are found/restored.

soggybottomboyz
04/28/2010, 11:53 AM
Thank you for the info. Now maybe the little lady will not be late to work any more:smilewink

blacksambo
04/28/2010, 06:51 PM
Hold down 4 key until it beeps to make the time come on while running the stereo.

djvx
04/28/2010, 10:33 PM
Hold down 4 key until it beeps to make the time come on while running the stereo.

So I don't have to turn the stereo off every time I want to see what time it is? Wow 'bout time I learned this. Thanks Black!

I'd complain more about the stereos' user friendliness but I've dealt with worse.I must at least say that not having a clock button is lame.

tom4bren
04/29/2010, 03:47 AM

It's a one time function. After you set it to this mode, it'll always display time (unless of course you repeat the above procedure).

vt_maverick
04/29/2010, 06:04 AM
So I don't have to turn the stereo off every time I want to see what time it is? Wow 'bout time I learned this. Thanks Black!

No kidding, I'll have to try this when I go out to lunch. Thanks!

deermagnet
04/29/2010, 06:05 AM
On mine, when it's showing station info all the time, press and hold the AM/FM button for two seconds and the time will show for a few seconds and then it goes back to the station number.

To change it to show time always, hold down the AM/FM button and then hold down the #4 button for six seconds and it will change to time always after the beep. Do the same thing to change back to stations always.

I don't remember ever seeing an owner's manual in our download section. The PDF '99 owner's manual I posted a while back is missing the radio section.

Mark Griffin

tom4bren
04/29/2010, 06:58 AM
I'll try to scan my 00 manual again.

I remember that one had been posted because some of the pages were out of order.

soggybottomboyz
04/29/2010, 08:58 AM
deermagnet,

Where is the radio section located?

"I don't remember ever seeing an owner's manual in our download section. The PDF '99 owner's manual I posted a while back is missing the radio section."

tom4bren
04/29/2010, 10:09 AM
That's why I need to scan the 00 version. The 99 verson does not show the radio function (at least not that I could find in a quick scan).

deermagnet
04/29/2010, 05:14 PM
deermagnet,
Where is the radio section located?
Whoever put together the PDF '99 manual (not me) skipped over the radio part and didn't bother to scan it and include it in the PDF. I don't know what else they left out.

Mark

circmand
04/30/2010, 08:28 AM
had its own manual it was not in the regular on. I beleive I got 3 manuals at purchase

tom4bren
05/03/2010, 05:13 AM
Nope. The 3 manuals that came with your VX were the Owners, CD changer & Security System manuals. The radio was covered in the Owners manual.

Sorry, haven't been able to scan the manual yet. Hope to this week.

Ldub
05/03/2010, 05:49 AM
Nope. The 3 manuals that came with your VX were the Owners, CD changer & Security System manuals. The radio was covered in the Owners manual.

IIRC, there was also the little known "Increasing offset for fun & profit" manual, that was included with a limited number of Protons...:yesgray:

tom4bren
05/03/2010, 06:05 AM
IIRC, there was also the little known "Increasing offset for fun & profit" manual, that was included with a limited number of Protons...:yesgray:

BWAAHAAHAA!!!

Yer killin me here 'skull-meister, spikey dude'

There is no manual for insanity ... it's just a wild ride that gets better with every turn (I'm sure you can relate).

Mebbe that manual went the way of the OEM shovel???

JAMAS
11/08/2010, 05:36 AM
Bump Bump for Daylight Savings Time.

tom4bren
11/08/2010, 05:54 AM
ROFL - I was just thinking about this on my commute in this morning. I gotta reset the clock & don't remember how.

Luna X
11/08/2010, 06:11 AM
I like Mountain Time Zone.... we don't hafta change our clocks...;)

Mile High VX
11/08/2010, 06:21 AM
I like Mountain Time Zone.... we don't hafta change our clocks...;)

Only if you live in AZ...the other few million people in the Mountain Time Zone still hafta deal...:yesgray::yesy::yeso::yesb:

don moore
11/08/2010, 06:50 AM
go get a new radio

Luna X
11/08/2010, 07:09 AM
Only if you live in AZ...the other few million people in the Mountain Time Zone still hafta deal...:yesgray::yesy::yeso::yesb:

see that... I just lernt somthin' new today. I always thought that the whole MT zone was the same...:_thinking

vt_maverick
11/08/2010, 03:16 PM
see that... I just lernt somthin' new today. I always thought that the whole MT zone was the same...:_thinking

+1 - Never heard of that, even better reason to move out west. I'm in Dallas this week and got to enjoy the extra hour of DST time + the one hour time zone change. I was wide awake at 0600 this morning. :)

Ldub
11/08/2010, 04:05 PM

+1 - Never heard of that, even better reason to move out west. I'm in Dallas this week and got to enjoy the extra hour of DST time + the one hour time zone change. I was wide awake at 0600 this morning. :)

Hawaii chose not to participate either...just in case anyone wuz wonderin'

vt_maverick
11/08/2010, 07:09 PM
Speaking of changing the time... Scott needs to update the system time for the board. I keep getting confused on what time a post was actually made... ;)

Moncha
11/08/2010, 08:08 PM
Ok, I bumped up the clock by 11 minutes to lessen the confusion. hope it helps :)

tom4bren
11/09/2010, 04:50 AM
Ok, I bumped up the clock by 11 minutes to lessen the confusion. hope it helps :)

Works for me. Now I just gotta figger out what military time is for 11 minutes after midnight (0011 or 2411). Thanks Scott, now I'll be up all nite wonderin:)

vt_maverick
11/09/2010, 05:56 AM

Wow I was just giving you some ribbing, but thanks for fixing it so quick anyway!

TJ: I don't know if anybody saw Conan last night, but he cracked this joke that was absolutely hilarious about the time change. Basically he said that the reason why he was fired from NBC was because he refused to move the show to 12:05AM, but with the time changing over the weekend it was like his new show premiered at midnight anyway. :p