PDA

View Full Version : tilting front seats forward question

djvx
05/03/2010, 11:28 PM
If I tilt my driverseat forward to get into the backseat, my drivers seat wont lock out of the way. It just keeps sliding back making it harder than hell to get in and out of the back seat(which is impossible as it is) But my passenger side used to lock into place if I tilted it down and shoved it forward. :confused:This would allow somewhat better access to the backseat. Now that one doesn't lock out of the way:mad:

Why are the seats spring loaded anyway, why do they have to spring backwards when your supposedly tilting them forward to get into the backseat. So can anyone explain if their seats dont stay forward if your tilting them forward, cuz my passenger one used to.
Both seats work perfect when sitting on them and adjust just fine and properly lock into place.

I appreciate the help/suggestions :grino:

tom4bren
05/04/2010, 05:27 AM
HMMM!!!

Never heard of anyone using the driver's side to get into the back seat. The seat doesn't slide when you tilt the seatback forward.

IIRC the passenger seat does not lock forward when you tilt the seatback forward. The seatback does seem to have a slight spring assist when released (but not much). If you are parked uphill, that spring assist may not even be enough to keep the seatback forward while entering. As a matter of fact, when I tilt the passenger seatback forward, I always slide the seat back BEFORE I raise the seatback to it's upright position.

Have you installed seat sliders? If you are using your back seat much, they make a huge difference.

djvx
05/04/2010, 10:35 PM
TY TOM, I NEED(want) more input on this. Could you reread my post and help me even further, What im asking is if you ar anyone can explain the function of the front seats when tilting them forward. Tom, my passenger seat and drivers seat slide forward as soon as you tilt them. The passenger seat used to physically lock itself forward, which aided in getting in the back seat. Now for no reason that one doesnt stay locked forward either. Without another VX in wisconsin i have nothing to look at or compare to. Cud you go in yours and try what im saying to see if it really works the same? I would super appreciate the help.

djvx
05/04/2010, 10:39 PM
HMMM!!!

Have you installed seat sliders? If you are using your back seat much, they make a huge difference.

Hmmm, sliders, sounds like those would/could help.:happyface what are they?:confused:

tom4bren
05/05/2010, 06:09 AM
OK, if I release the seatback, there is some spring action that pushes the seat forward. There is no lock - never has been (at least since I've owned it). Driver's seat is not supposed to slide forward when the seatback is released. It sounds like someone replaced your driver's seat with a passenger seat (they are pretty much the same except for one small cable that releases the slide mechanism).

Seat sliders are a pair of brackets that Tone designed. They bolt between the seat mounts and the floor. They just move the front seat forward about three inches to allow more access to the rear seat.

I've got one more set on hand for $75 shipped. PM me if interested.

djvx
05/05/2010, 09:22 PM
thanks man. ill pm u

Cobrajet
05/07/2010, 08:16 AM
I can confirm everything that Tom said based on my VX, which probably hasn't had the driver's seat back tilted forward more than 10 times, and the passenger seat moved more than a couple dozen times. When the passenger seat back is released the seat will slide forward, though mine does move on it's own. It does not lock forward, and the spring action will not hold it all the way forward once released. The drivers seat does not slide forward at all when the seat back is released.