PDA

View Full Version : oil filter pcv valve part numbers

djvx
05/04/2010, 10:49 PM
I've searched this site for oil, oil filter, oil filters, oil filter review, fram, napa, just trying to get oil filter info on here. It is very scarce. Could someone who knows or has researched this and has filter #s please pm them to me or list them here. Same for the pcv valve part #. i spent too much time searchn' and I'm not getting my answers. I'm wondering what the PURE 1, PURILATOR,NAPA, KN- PART #S FOR OIL FILTERS.
AND THE PCV VALVE # AND MFG.

Ldub
05/04/2010, 11:23 PM
Purolator PCV valve = PV1061

Mobil 1 oil filter = M1-104

This is also worth a read...:_wrench:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=154016&postcount=15

When I get a new one, I cut the end flap that has the part # on it off the box & tuck it in my wallet...:smilewink

etlsport
05/05/2010, 06:40 AM
iirc the purolator/pure 1 oil filter number is 14459

circmand
05/05/2010, 08:03 AM
Has a book and a computer that while give you this information

djvx
05/05/2010, 09:02 PM
Has a book and a computer that while give you this information

do u really think I'm that stupid

djvx
05/05/2010, 09:05 PM
thanks to all for your help. This will save me TIME AT THE COUNTER NOT WAITING FOR THE CLERK TO LOOK IT UP AND SCREW IT UP.

circmand
05/06/2010, 07:08 AM
do u really think I'm that stupid

Its just that most of the really basic stuff is not listed here it is mainly specific to the VX stuff and hard to find info that is listed here?

BigMeatVX
05/20/2010, 10:35 PM
My replacement engine was from an 03 axiom (dealer installed) and has an updated PCV valve....it burns no oil and now has approx 60K of very hard miles:bgwo:....

for those that are still haveing oil burning issues, I suggest swapping drivers side valve covers to 03/04 (or drilling and tapping the older one) to get the updated PCV valve....It makes a big difference!!!:yesy:

Ldub
06/15/2010, 04:17 AM
My replacement engine was from an 03 axiom (dealer installed) and has an updated PCV valve....it burns no oil and now has approx 60K of very hard miles:bgwo:....

for those that are still haveing oil burning issues, I suggest swapping drivers side valve covers to 03/04 (or drilling and tapping the older one) to get the updated PCV valve....It makes a big difference!!!:yesy:

I like my home made PCV valve...:yesgray:

Straight through, nothing to clog...:dance:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC04293.JPG

Riff Raff
06/15/2010, 05:30 AM
DJVX--- Curious about your research delima, I just googled both "Fram Auto Filter" and "Purolator Auto Filter" on my computer and was able to get ALL part numbers in a matter of seconds!!!

Visit: www.Fram.com, and then click-on the following:
- Parts Catalog (icon) at top of website home page
- Select All (product part parameter) icon
- Select Application (Passenger/Light Truck) icon
- Enter VX info when prompted. Enjoy.

Visit: www.PurolatorAutoFilters.net
- click-on "Application Guide" (for vehicle look-up) and then just enter VX info when prompted in boxes. Enjoy.

Give both websites a try and then print-out all part numbers on your printer and keep in your VX glove box.:bgwb: