PDA

View Full Version : SUPER FLEXY IFS ????? who wants it?

BigMeatVX
05/18/2010, 10:56 AM
So, on the long drive home from MOAB, I did some deep thinking.....

Somewhere in the state of semi-awake-daze, coffeed-up, and medicated down, I came up with a genius idea for IFS....:yeso:

We all know that the main setback with independent front suspension is the fact that when one front tire climes an obstical, the other tire is not "forced" down as a live-solid axled rig would be....removing/disconnecting the swaybar helps, but is not a complete solution...

So I have devised a true solution, and will be releasing photos of the prototype design soon!!!!!

Without revealing all my secrets, here is the general idea....
It is basically an adjustable link, installed in JUST the right location, on the Torson bars, that provides "cross-force" articulation....

I know, it sounds to good to be true....but I beleive it will work perfect....
I will post up pics ASAP....

If it works as promised, how many VXers would be interested in a inexpensive kit???

RamAirZ
05/18/2010, 11:03 AM
The other limitation is the actual amount of down travel allowed by the front control arms and CV's. I never had a problem with my Rodeo getting the tire to come down all the way, just all the way isn't that far, especially with the t-bars cranked up, even with low-profile snubbers, but looking forward to see what you come up with.

ZEUS
05/18/2010, 11:08 AM
Hey, I thought about ways to improve artic some time ago as well. I looked at replacing the shocks with air shocks and plumbing a switched manifold that would allow the shocks to work independently in one setting. The other setting though would allow forced artic by letting the air from the compressing shock flow into the drooping shock. Thoughts?

I see what you are talking about though but don't like the limitation of always having forced artic...

phines
05/18/2010, 11:13 AM
Alan, with the exception of the mud pit on Kane Creek, I like all of your ideas... so count me in.
________
Herbal Health Shop (http://herbalhealthshop.com)

BigMeatVX
05/18/2010, 11:14 AM
Your correct....

However, take for example the pic in your sig, of the Rodeo....

The front left is not compressed, AT ALL....

Imagine, for a moment that, as the front right dropped to full droop, that the front left had REDUCED spring preasure as a result.....therefore allowing it (front left) to bottom out in full compression, while the other is at full droop....

Thereby allowing full utilization of all your wheel travel, not just a couple inches of drop, or compression (as in your photo)

BigMeatVX
05/18/2010, 11:18 AM
Hey, I thought about ways to improve artic some time ago as well. I looked at replacing the shocks with air shocks and plumbing a switched manifold that would allow the shocks to work independently in one setting. The other setting though would allow forced artic by letting the air from the compressing shock flow into the drooping shock. Thoughts?

I see what you are talking about though but don't like the limitation of always having forced artic...

This has been done before, with air shocks cross-linked (air tubes connected)
The probem is that air is not DIRCET enough....that is to say air can be commpressed some....Hydraulic fluid would work better in theory as it does not commpress like air and therefore would be more direct-acting....I thought much about this design too. however all the hydraulic lines and work may make it less desirable and more expensive than a direct solid steel link....

BigMeatVX
05/18/2010, 11:20 AM
Alan, with the exception of the mud pit on Kane Creek, I like all of your ideas... so count me in.

LOL....Well someone had to at least try it....:winko:

RamAirZ
05/18/2010, 11:27 AM

As BigMeat said, it's been done and here's a good write-up
http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/air_shocks/

Also I agree hydraulic lines would be better but then as stated, the plumbing and risk of tearing a line and not only losing pressure but having fluid everywhere would not be fun lol

Your correct....

However, take for example the pic in your sig, of the Rodeo....

The front left is not compressed, AT ALL....

Imagine, for a moment that, as the front right dropped to full droop, that the front left had REDUCED spring preasure as a result.....therefore allowing it (front left) to bottom out in full compression, while the other is at full droop....

Thereby allowing full utilization of all your wheel travel, not just a couple inches of drop (as in your photo)

I understand that, but in my particular situation (hard to see in the pic), that full compression wouldn't have helped a whole lot on the passenger side, it was a good couple feet in the air but yes I understand what your talking about, just mentioning that we will still be limited, just not AS much.

BigMeatVX
05/21/2010, 12:24 PM
Well folkers, I am EXTRA pleased to say that my idea DOES work as promised!!!!:bwgy::bgwb::bgwo::p

Take a look at the snpshots...they speak for themselves!!!!

Both pics are with swaybar removed....However i will snap a few more with the swaybar re-attached....

Here is the flex BERFORE the Mod....

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/thumbs/second_set_010.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/17780)

And here is the flex AFTER the Mod...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/thumbs/Large-Flex_002.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/17781)

There is a BIG difference in the way the front suspension works, now...The front will now "stuff" one wheel into full compression BEFORE the rear is at max artic....THIS IS A HUGE BENEFIT FOR ALL IFS ISUZUS....;)

The front now articulates BETTER than a live axle would (up to the point of suspension travel limitations)...Thats right, I said BETTER than Solid Front Axle....:yeso:

Heres Why it works...:bwgy:

In the pics, as the front climes the obstical, the drivers side Torsen bar is now transfering the extra preasure (from compressing on the obstical) to the other sides Torsen bar...the Passenger side now has nearly double the spring rate as the Driver side....:yesgray:

And of course, it works the same way when the other tire (passenger) climes an obstical, too....Kind of a self-leveling system...also, this puts a WAY more even amount of ground preasure on BOTH the front tires at all times!!!!:yeso:

For street use, I am incorperating a removable lock-pin that will revert back to OEM style opperation when in place...remove the pin, and it articulates like the best of em!!!!....:)

I will be making a kit, avaiable soon for ALL isuzus! (Kits for other torsen bar vehicals will come later!)

Allan

RamAirZ
05/21/2010, 12:55 PM
That's awesome man! Good work!!! How does it ride with it on the road? Always nice to see people coming up with new ideas!!! Never doubted your idea my thing was just the downtravel part of it which we really don't have much control on how far your tire can come down. Now down travel wouldn't be near as much as with a solid axle but still that is an AWESOME improvement and people better keep close eyes on there cladding lol. Any pics of the install?

phines
05/21/2010, 03:30 PM
You da man! I had faith in you, so not suprised at all that you got it to work. Looking forward to doing the install. :)
________
Mng san francisco (http://dispensaries.org)

phines
05/21/2010, 03:38 PM
Hmmmmm... want to test it out in Moab next weekend??? I'll meet you there. hahaha
________
HEMP (http://marijuanahemp.com)

tomdietrying
05/21/2010, 03:52 PM
Alan,
I'll second what Paul said and I'll say it again.....You da man!
Peace.
Tom

ZEUS
05/21/2010, 04:31 PM
WOW, you waste no time at all! That's awesome man! I was thinking about your idea just last night and realized, "Huh, all he would need to do is have a disconnect intergrated into it to put it back to stock handling." So KUDOS, my friend!

Triathlete
05/21/2010, 06:19 PM

I looked at it for about 2 seconds and then remembered how much I hated cleaning all that mess out of every little spot that it finds its way into.:bwgy:

BigMeatVX
05/21/2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks guys....:mbrasd:

I feel inspired and motivated by each and all of you!:rotate:

Will try to upload a few more pics and mabey a video...after the weekend, when I get back from testing it out in on a few local trails...:cool!::drool:

Ldub
05/21/2010, 10:26 PM
DUDE...:_wrench:...:thumbup:...:yesgray:

RamAirZ
05/21/2010, 10:31 PM
There ya go! Let us know how the trails work out.

pbkid
05/23/2010, 08:28 PM
well i drove into the pit, looked at it closer and backed out lol....

....THIS IS A HUGE BENEFIT FOR ALL IFS ISUZUS....;)

how about toy's ;)

ps- i agree with paul... for anyone who hasnt wheeled with allan, this guy is amazing offroad.. and he is VERY ingenuitive when it comes to vehicles. i really enjoyed wheeling with you allan, it was a blast to see a VX do everything i did and more...ill be your wheeling partner anytime buddy!

RamAirZ
05/23/2010, 08:44 PM
I haven't wheeled with him but we've talked via pm a few times and seems like me and him have minds that race a mile a minute lol, he's got a ton of ideas! I'm really glad to see he's actually putting them into effect too! I'm hoping to make it to Moab next year! Too bad you don't live closer lol

Marlin
05/24/2010, 05:30 AM
I am curious to see the technical aspects, I am in. A SAS in the VX would be a PITA. Throw in a disconnect for the sway bar, and voila, just about as good as it gets. You rock man!!!!!
As for cladding rub...who cares, its just plastic:)

Marlin
05/24/2010, 05:32 AM
I did think of one thing. I saw an amigo (jwood on the planet) we were trailing together at Uwharrie and blew the seal out of his power steering. That link for the steering only flexes so far and the seal leaks by, once that happens, its too late. Their setup is a bit different since they have SOTF, so it may not be a problem.

BigSwede
05/24/2010, 06:32 AM
Yeah, rack and pinion steering guys are going to have to be careful. But for VX and Troopers that wouldn't be a problem.

I haven't taken the time to envision what this mod might entail...but in function it sounds like the exact opposite of a sway bar. Interesting...

Ldub
05/24/2010, 07:49 AM
Yeah, rack and pinion steering guys are going to have to be careful. But for VX and Troopers that wouldn't be a problem.

I haven't taken the time to envision what this mod might entail...but in function it sounds like the exact opposite of a sway bar. Interesting...

In my mind...:rolleyesg, such as it is, you would have to interconnect the torsion bars, so pressure from the wheel moving up would cause the opposing wheel to move down...:_thinking

Strictly a WAG on my part...:yesgray:

RamAirZ
05/24/2010, 08:15 AM
I think IF I had a concern, it would be long term effect on the bars themselves. I can't wait to see the install and when he gets a kit done.

Ldub
05/25/2010, 03:48 AM
I can't wait to see the install and when he gets a kit done.

X 2...:yes:

Marlin
05/25/2010, 04:57 PM
I think IF I had a concern, it would be long term effect on the bars themselves. I can't wait to see the install and when he gets a kit done.

Then I would have a reason to drop the 400 bucks on HD torsion bars from Indy4x

Marlin
05/25/2010, 05:13 PM
Another thing I thought of while reading through the thread and those mentioning the rough ride. The factory shocks are probably the worst for rock crawling style offroad. I set my ranchos to 1 when on the trails, no rough ride. I have forgot and left them on 9 on a few times, only takes one set of bumps, and I am jarred into remembering. They also reduce your performance on the trails, too bouncy means possibility of tires leaving the ground, and possible loss of traction and worst case a broken CV joint....just a thought for those looking at buying new shocks.

SuperBoomTurbo
05/25/2010, 05:34 PM
I think you've stirred some interest, now how about teasing us with a great price!

Robbomaz
05/27/2010, 06:20 PM
Waiting....impatiently waiting! :bgwb:

Marlin
06/03/2010, 01:01 PM
Waiting....impatiently waiting! :bgwb:

x10...please!!!!!!!!!

nfpgasmask
06/04/2010, 10:00 AM
Just saw this thread. Very interesting. This might be something I would consider for my Trooper.

Good job, dude!

Bart

Marlin
06/10/2010, 12:52 PM
Any update?

BigMeatVX
06/12/2010, 11:39 PM
Hang tight just a little longer folks,

I am testing it almost daily for fit, strength, wear, durability, ect...

It will be available very soon..It works well, in fact it works SO well that I am now running the stock front swaybar again (which I thought I would never do) and it STILL flexes more than it did before without the swaybar!!!!

Road manners seem great, even with the prototype "un-pinned" or unlocked...

Pics will be posted soon....

BigMeatVX
06/12/2010, 11:41 PM
I think you've stirred some interest, now how about teasing us with a great price!

Dont worry....keeping it affordable is high up on the priority list....:yesy:

SuperBoomTurbo
06/13/2010, 12:14 AM
Dont worry....keeping it affordable is high up on the priority list....:yesy:

No worries, I'm still fabbing an entire seat bracket and rails from scratch for the former daily driver. Told the wife it was going to be done, uhhh, two weeks ago, but you know, so long as it doesn't turn into the infamous "When It's Done" production time of Duke Nukem Forever, its worth putting the time in to make it bullet proof. :yesy::yeso:

Marlin
06/13/2010, 07:41 AM
Hang tight just a little longer folks,

I am testing it almost daily for fit, strength, wear, durability, ect...

It will be available very soon..It works well, in fact it works SO well that I am now running the stock front swaybar again (which I thought I would never do) and it STILL flexes more than it did before without the swaybar!!!!

Road manners seem great, even with the prototype "un-pinned" or unlocked...

Pics will be posted soon....

grrrr, if soon enough, I could throw it on before the Isuzu Beasley Knob meet, and thoroughly test it out for ya on the trails....:)

Marlin
07/18/2010, 03:39 PM
Any updates? Saw a mention from you on the Planet....details, pics, anything, you are killing me. :_brickwal:tweed:

LittleBeast
07/19/2010, 09:57 PM
I already have Swordy's sway bar disconnects, would this interfer with this modification at all?

BigMeatVX
07/20/2010, 12:51 AM
I already have Swordy's sway bar disconnects, would this interfer with this modification at all?

No,
but you would not even need to use the swaybar disconnects...unless you wanted to...

The kit allows FULL suspension flex with the sway bar in place and hooked up:grino:

BigMeatVX
07/20/2010, 12:55 AM
Any updates? Saw a mention from you on the Planet....details, pics, anything, you are killing me. :_brickwal:tweed:

IF everything goes as planned,:blab::bla::argue::_brickwal:blab: I will be producing the first 10 sets late next week...:drool2::rotate::D:work::_wrench::_steering

Bob Barker
07/20/2010, 04:13 PM
What's this Planet every one keeps talking about?

vt_maverick
07/20/2010, 04:55 PM
http://www.planetisuzoo.com/

Bob Barker
07/20/2010, 08:06 PM
Ooohhh another forum. I don't have time for another forum!

RamAirZ
07/20/2010, 08:59 PM
Why not, the planet is great!

BigMeatVX
07/20/2010, 10:04 PM
Nope havent posted anything about the IFS FLEX over there yet:confused:....just about the 5.12 gears.....:yesy:

While the "other" site is decent and covers ALL isuzus, I find it hard to use and impossible to post pics....:p

RamAirZ
07/20/2010, 10:19 PM
lol why impossible, it's super easy if you have them uploaded, the only difference is the gallery, just get yourself a photobucket account :) I love the Planet

BigMeatVX
07/20/2010, 10:23 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/thumbs/2010-07-04_20_14_53.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/18407):yesgray:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/501/thumbs/2010-07-04_20_15_32.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/18408):bgwb:

Ldub
07/20/2010, 10:43 PM
lol why impossible, it's super easy if you have them uploaded, the only difference is the gallery, just get yourself a photobucket account :) I love the Planet

IIRC, you can also link a pic from your gallery here, to a post over there.
As long as it's hosted somewhere on the net, you should be able to post it.

BigMeatVX
07/20/2010, 10:45 PM

Dont have one....and most of my time is spent in the VX or in my shop tinkering with it (or other projects)...not on the computer....

After 8+ years and I have less than 200 posts.;)...but almost a half a million miles of seat time in two different VXs... :yesy::_steering:driver::_wrench::_wrench::_steeri ng:_steering:driver::_wrench::_steering

dont take offence, but I just lack the time for the puter that others have:bwgy:

BigMeatVX
07/20/2010, 10:46 PM
IIRC, you can also link a pic from your gallery here, to a post over there.
As long as it's hosted somewhere on the net, you should be able to post it.

Dub ...U da man....Im on it....:confused:

RallyDude
07/20/2010, 10:47 PM
So just a sway bar disconnect isn't too new. A few members have done it and mentioned that the articulation wasn't enough to really make to big a difference. Super-flexy sounds good off-road, but squirly on-road. I think the best thing about the VX is that it is not only an avid off-roader, but also a performance vehicle on-road. Have you done any testing in the mountains on road?

RamAirZ
07/20/2010, 10:48 PM
I'm at home during the day with the kids and work at night so I play on it somewhat during the day and then at night when I get off when I can't sleep. I'd tinker on the VX at night but the wife wouldn't be too happy if I woke her up ;) And you don't need a whole lot of time to do that and like Dub said, you can use the pics you already have uploaded on here, so it's not hard at all, you just don't like change, hehe. And I log plenty of hours in my VX, I do drive it everyday :) Not 500K miles but it gets it's fair share. And when do you plan on postings pics of your invention, shoot, I may stick with IFS instead of a solid axle under Grimace, not much out this way to really NEED a solid axle for anyways.

Ldub
07/20/2010, 11:06 PM
Dub ...U da man....Im on it....:confused:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/medium/2010-07-04_20_14_53.jpg

R click on the pic in your gallery
L click on properties @ the bottom of the drop down window
hilite & copy the url addy of the pic
paste the url addy in the post where you want it
preview post
change the url tags on either end to img
submit reply
done...:yesgray:

BigMeatVX
07/20/2010, 11:08 PM
So just a sway bar disconnect isn't too new. A few members have done it and mentioned that the articulation wasn't enough to really make to big a difference. Super-flexy sounds good off-road, but squirly on-road. I think the best thing about the VX is that it is not only an avid off-roader, but also a performance vehicle on-road. Have you done any testing in the mountains on road?

Yeah, yeah...I have removed/reinstalled mine many times, used dissconnects, used other swaybars (2WD Rodeo, Nissan stanza, and others) :p....BUT ...

This Mod has NOTHING to do with the SWAYBAR!!!!:o
In fact it works MUCH better than a sway bar disconnect!!!

And (when un-pinned) allows FAR more use of suspension travel, as you can see in the pics AND transfers force from one (side) wheel to the other (like a solid axle)...:bgwb:

Re-install the Pin and the suspension works as OEM design once again.:yesgray:

Sort of, the best of both worlds:yesgray::yesgray::yesgray:

BigMeatVX
07/20/2010, 11:14 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/medium/2010-07-04_20_14_53.jpg

R click on the pic in your gallery
L click on properties @ the bottom of the drop down window
hilite & copy the url addy of the pic
paste the url addy in the post where you want it
preview post
change the url tags on either end to img
submit reply
done...:yesgray:

Whew...now I see, :winkgray:

I coulda swapped out your 4.77s in the time that would have took me to do that....or figure out how:mady::mado2::madb2:...lol....just kidding

BigMeatVX
07/20/2010, 11:23 PM
I'm at home during the day with the kids and work at night so I play on it somewhat during the day and then at night when I get off when I can't sleep. I'd tinker on the VX at night but the wife wouldn't be too happy if I woke her up ;) And you don't need a whole lot of time to do that and like Dub said, you can use the pics you already have uploaded on here, so it's not hard at all, you just don't like change, hehe. And I log plenty of hours in my VX, I do drive it everyday :) Not 500K miles but it gets it's fair share. And when do you plan on postings pics of your invention, shoot, I may stick with IFS instead of a solid axle under Grimace, not much out this way to really NEED a solid axle for anyways.

You must be refering to my political stance???? :confused: As this whole thread is about change....a MAJOR one to your suspension:p

If your refering to the site...then I consider it LOYALTY.... not lack of change....but whatever....:confused:

BigMeatVX
07/20/2010, 11:29 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/501/medium/2010-07-04_20_15_32.jpg

Ldub
07/21/2010, 12:26 AM

I coulda swapped out your 4.77s in the time that would have took me to do that....or figure out how:mady::mado2::madb2:...lol....just kidding

LOL...:laughing:

Took me a long d@^^n time to figure it out, figured the least I could do is help out my Bro.

BigSwede
07/21/2010, 06:53 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/501/medium/2010-07-04_20_15_32.jpg

That looks good! Try that with the regular setup and you would be leaning waaay over.

I still can't figure out how the sway bar doesn't need to be disconnected because it is intended to resist exactly that kind of suspension movement, but color me very interested...

Marlin
07/21/2010, 07:36 AM

All I have to say is wow...gotta see if it will fit the trooper RS...then I would need two sets.:)

MSHardeman
07/21/2010, 07:37 AM
OK, stop teasing me and show me how this is done. You're killing me!! This probably isn't a mod that I would do (although never say never), but I'm SUPER curious about what you've engineered and how it works.

RamAirZ
07/21/2010, 09:15 AM
You must be refering to my political stance???? :confused: As this whole thread is about change....a MAJOR one to your suspension:p

If your refering to the site...then I consider it LOYALTY.... not lack of change....but whatever....:confused:

I'm just messing with ya and it was about the site, and I'm loyal to both forums :p Oh I had another question about this, are the stock lower bump stops still installed?

tjh
07/21/2010, 03:59 PM
I want Super Flexy IFS .

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease !

Marlin
07/22/2010, 10:06 AM
Price? Ballpark even?

vt_maverick
07/22/2010, 10:14 AM
What a tease... ;)

LittleBeast
08/03/2010, 05:34 PM

Marlin
08/03/2010, 05:41 PM
I think he is using the American Idol ploy, just keep everyone hanging until the very last second...

Ldub
08/04/2010, 01:05 AM
Settle down gang...I'd guess that he's waiting on patent status.

Just a guess...:_confused

BigMeatVX
08/10/2010, 12:48 AM
Ldub is right....
This thing works so well that I had it patented!!! These things take time...and $$$.

Target price for the kit is under $300.

Look for these to be available VERY soon.

Ldub
08/10/2010, 01:17 AM
Ldub is right....
This thing works so well that I had it patented!!! These things take time...and $$$.

We'll just be waiting patiently over here...:cool:

LittleBeast
08/10/2010, 01:27 AM
yup just sitting here waiting and wondering......

USMCvxOFFROAD
08/10/2010, 06:16 AM
d@#$ there are a few times i could have used that.

vt_maverick
08/10/2010, 07:04 AM
Ldub is right....

Have you ever been through the patent process before? You know it can take YEARS right? Or are you just trying to get the "patent pending" status before selling?

Marlin
08/10/2010, 07:25 AM
Based on your design, will they work with other Zus? Plus, put me down for one for sure whenever it is available. (actually for sure, not one of those that says they want one, and then when it comes time to pay, you change your mind...);)

RamAirZ
08/10/2010, 08:10 AM
LOL, and it should work with other Zu's, the distance between torsion bars should be about the same on Rodeo, Trooper, VX etc, especially considering that RS you got is the same chassis as your VX.

Marlin
08/10/2010, 10:07 AM
LOL, and it should work with other Zu's, the distance between torsion bars should be about the same on Rodeo, Trooper, VX etc, especially considering that RS you got is the same chassis as your VX.

I have heard all this time that it is the same, but it isn't. the wheel base is 17" longer, it has the narrow stance upper control arms, not sure about the rear lower links. I know its close enought the same, and I have no problems drilling holes in stuff to make it work. I will see when mine gets delivered. Then order another one if its doable. Yippee!!! Another project (enter sarcasm here)

RamAirZ
08/10/2010, 11:18 AM
I have heard all this time that it is the same, but it isn't. the wheel base is 17" longer, it has the narrow stance upper control arms, not sure about the rear lower links. I know its close enought the same, and I have no problems drilling holes in stuff to make it work. I will see when mine gets delivered. Then order another one if its doable. Yippee!!! Another project (enter sarcasm here)

Um, according to the specs available online, the Isuzu Trooper RS has a wheelbase of 91.7" and the VX shows 91.8, 17" longer would be the standard Trooper at 108.7. The wide/narrow stance won't effect the placement of the torsion bars and even with/without those, it would still be considered the same "chassis". The distance between bars is the same on the trooper, VX, Rodeo and haven't checked an Amigo but will assume it is the same too seeing as the front 10-bolt's will interchange between vehicles. The wheelbase info comes from a few different car websites including edmunds as well as wikipedia and people who have documented it online. When you pick it up grab a measuring tape for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Trooper

Marlin
08/10/2010, 01:39 PM
Um, according to the specs available online, the Isuzu Trooper RS has a wheelbase of 91.7" and the VX shows 91.8, 17" longer would be the standard Trooper at 108.7. The wide/narrow stance won't effect the placement of the torsion bars and even with/without those, it would still be considered the same "chassis". The distance between bars is the same on the trooper, VX, Rodeo and haven't checked an Amigo but will assume it is the same too seeing as the front 10-bolt's will interchange between vehicles. The wheelbase info comes from a few different car websites including edmunds as well as wikipedia and people who have documented it online. When you pick it up grab a measuring tape for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Trooper

Damn KBB specs. I went to the trooper RS specs and it says wheel base 108.7". Thats what I get. I too would assume the frame rails are the same distance apart.

BigSwede
08/10/2010, 02:33 PM
Yup, an RS is indeed 17" shorter than a S or LS (4-door) Trooper.

And the narrower stance deal is easily upgraded, as I have done on my RS.

BigMeatVX
08/11/2010, 12:14 AM
Based on your design, will they work with other Zus? Plus, put me down for one for sure whenever it is available. (actually for sure, not one of those that says they want one, and then when it comes time to pay, you change your mind...);)

Yes it will work for other Isuzus...and am also making them for many other make/models vehicals as well.

Robbomaz
08/15/2010, 11:19 PM
Yes it will work for other Isuzus...and am also making them for many other make/models vehicals as well.
Pulling teeth using rockcrawler gears might be less painful than this wait......:smilewink

Ldub
08/16/2010, 12:19 AM
Pulling teeth using rockcrawler gears might be less painful than this wait......:smilewink

Said the man who's been dangling the "supercharger carrot" since 5-09...:laughing:

JK Rob, I know how it goes with alpine...:rolleyesg

Robbomaz
08/16/2010, 12:55 AM
Said the man who's been dangling the "supercharger carrot" since 5-09...:laughing:

JK Rob, I know how it goes with alpine...:rolleyesg
LOL I was expecting SOMEONE to point that out! :yesb:

BigMeatVX
09/23/2010, 08:49 PM
Here is a few pics of what the kit looks like and consist of...Also, you can see the side-to-side movement with the SECUREMENT PIN REMOVED.

Note....the parts are the green ones ONLY...the crossmember is shown to give a reference point....

See them for sale over in the FOR SALE section....

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/medium/showing_flex_movement.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/medium/2010-09-23_20_12_00.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/medium/2010-09-23_20_12_40.jpg

pbkid
09/23/2010, 09:03 PM
WTF...... how in the hell does that thing work.....

alan, your mind is crazy and amazing at the same time...

LittleBeast
09/24/2010, 12:04 AM
wow that looks awesome!!!!! I have to try this :)

Marlin
09/24/2010, 04:56 AM
;eeky;NOT IN THE FOR SALE SECTION!!!!!!

On a side note, you have to remove torsion bars to feed them through the holes, will those holes fit the HD torsion bars? Do you have to disconnect the drive shaft to fit it in there, where does the top plate mount? I need more info!!!!! You're killin me smalls.

vt_maverick
09/24/2010, 05:34 AM

+1 - Come on man, can't wait to see the price!

This amazing mod can be yours... if the price is right. (Sorry Bob Barker :))

BigSwede
09/24/2010, 07:09 AM
Hmmm. I'm guessing that yoke-shaped part in the middle slides left and right with differential flex...if that pin is removed. Otherwise with the pin in place the whole system is locked in place and the torsion bars are anchored as per normal for road use. Very interesting. I would love to try it.

[Edit] Duh, the first pic shows the pin out and the yoke part off center...can't quite make out how the torsion bar mounts swivel to accommodate this movement, but they obviously are doing it.

BigMeatVX
09/24/2010, 09:37 AM

On a side note, you have to remove torsion bars to feed them through the holes, will those holes fit the HD torsion bars? Do you have to disconnect the drive shaft to fit it in there, where does the top plate mount? I need more info!!!!! You're killin me smalls.

Link to KIT

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=205958#post205958

No, you don't have to completely remove the torsion bars, (but it does make it easier) they just need to be loosened up...

Unless your "Adjustment Keys" are different than the OEM (torsion bar spline count/size), they should work fine with HD bars...

No, you DO NOT have to remove or disconnect the driveshaft to install.

In the pics, the green parts are the parts in the Kit...it is mounted on a crossmember in some of the pics to show how it is positioned in the vehical.

Install takes between 1-3 hrs depending on your abilities, tools, and how dirty/rusty your VX underside is....:o

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/medium/Kit_Ifs_Flex.jpg

Marlin
09/24/2010, 10:02 AM
I didn't want to add to the sell thread, do you have install instructions. I was looking at the parts, and thought that the torsion bars had to sleeve through the big holes.
Do you have to drill any holes? (I don't mind, but that is a big deal for some folks)
Does this affect ground clearance?
That contraption looks pretty heavy duty, sweet! Look for my order on the 1st, still moping from spending 2K on the F250 rear end rebuild, but this kit goes higher up on the list of wants...even higher than my gooseneck trailer:) Good job man!!

BigMeatVX
09/24/2010, 10:11 AM
I didn't want to add to the sell thread, do you have install instructions. I was looking at the parts, and thought that the torsion bars had to sleeve through the big holes.
Do you have to drill any holes? (I don't mind, but that is a big deal for some folks)
Does this affect ground clearance?
That contraption looks pretty heavy duty, sweet! Look for my order on the 1st, still moping from spending 2K on the F250 rear end rebuild, but this kit goes higher up on the list of wants...even higher than my gooseneck trailer:) Good job man!!

I am working on making up some instructions with detailed pics...should be availble in a few days.

The torsion bars are splined on the ends, so yes they do slide into the big holes, unless someone has changed the keys to non-OEM size, the kit will fit.

NO DRILLING REQUIRED!!!!

Does not affect ground clearance, as all the parts in the kit are positioned ABOVE the crossmember.

Thanks for being patient, this has been quite a project!:bgwb:

vt_maverick
09/24/2010, 10:13 AM
Think there will be any rub/clearance issues with Kilby skid plates?

eternal21
09/24/2010, 10:14 AM
Looks good! My questions:

1) What is the total weight of the parts?
2) What type of metal are these made from?
3) What type of finish? (painted or powdercoated)
4) Can you buy extra keys in the event of misplacement?

Marlin
09/24/2010, 10:56 AM

Not steal his thunder, but the key looks to be a hitch pin style key. Probably can be had at any RV store or pending the diameter, even a regular old auto parts store.

Paint is a good question, although I kind of like the green:)

Marlin
09/24/2010, 11:06 AM
Another question, in light of the brake line thread I just started, are the factory brake lines long enough to support the extra flex on the front end? I ordered my lines +2" just in case. I know on my Expedition I did a 2 " lift, and I was pushing it with the brake lines. I would equate the allowing of the front to drop out to be the same as a lift.

BigMeatVX
09/24/2010, 12:29 PM

1 35 Lbs...
2 3/4" thick mild steel, grade 8 bolts ,nuts and threads...lightweight Titaininum is avail. for extra $$$$:bgwb:
3 enamel finish...powdercoating is availble for extra $$
4 The "SECURMENT PIN" is a common part (1/2" hitch pin) and is readily avail. locally...(The "KEY" is a splined part, that the Torsion bar slides into and is used for ride height adjustment...)

BigMeatVX
09/24/2010, 12:40 PM
Another question, in light of the brake line thread I just started, are the factory brake lines long enough to support the extra flex on the front end? I ordered my lines +2" just in case. I know on my Expedition I did a 2 " lift, and I was pushing it with the brake lines. I would equate the allowing of the front to drop out to be the same as a lift.

While not required, longer brake lines sound like a great idea...

The SUPER FLEXY IFS KIT does not necessarliy put more strain on the brake lines, as your overall drop travel will not change. (both front tires at full droop) HOWEVER, it does allow one tire to be at FULL COMPRESSION while the other tire is at FULL DROOP, AND more importantly while the tires are in these extreem positions, the weight is ballanced between the two tires MUCH MORE evenly, and the vehical remains much more level, while increasing traction....Typical OEM syle IFS does not allow this as much.

Also, as one front tire climes an obstical and compresses that side of the suspension, the KIT transfers force to the other front tire, pushing it downward...
This does a few things...First, the tire climing the obstical has its spring rate decreased, allowing it to stuff farther and easier and sooner up into the wheelweell untill it reaches maximum compression (bump stop)... at the same time, the tire on the opposite side has its spring rate increased, pushing it down into the terrain...

For example, With this Kit, You can drop one front tire into a 4" deep rut while the other front tire is sitting on a 4" tall rock, and maintain EQUAL tire preasure on both fronts, and maintain a more level vehical as well.

BigSwede
09/24/2010, 12:50 PM
Makes sense...it doesn't increase suspension travel, but does allow the available travel to be fully utilized, without fighting against the torsion bars.

I still don't see how the sway bar is taken out of the equation though, seems to me it will still be fighting against L/R differential suspension movement.

BigMeatVX
09/24/2010, 01:39 PM
Think there will be any rub/clearance issues with Kilby skid plates?

The Kit should fit finr with the Kilby skid plate...All the parts are positioned ABOVE the crossmember.:yesgray:

tom4bren
09/24/2010, 02:21 PM
I'm all in for more articulation but I don't think it would be wise with my offset. Think I'd better pass on this one.

Triathlete
09/24/2010, 02:52 PM
Hope Santa is nice this year!:bwgy:

BigMeatVX
10/08/2010, 10:21 PM
heres a few vids...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWdQs0oPAc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKK4jfcNr9E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBujeioZfAE

BigMeatVX
10/08/2010, 11:04 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/2010-08-20_19_08_58.jpg

USMCvxOFFROAD
10/08/2010, 11:40 PM
dumb ? but will that work with the tracks i'm thinking about ordering

website...... http://www.americantracktruck.com/index.php?page=sno-truck

Marlin
10/09/2010, 02:03 AM
Did you gut the inside of the fender and trim the cladding?

RallyDude
10/09/2010, 02:07 AM
Any thoughts on a dash controlled super flexy IFS?

BigMeatVX
10/09/2010, 09:22 AM
dumb ? but will that work with the tracks i'm thinking about ordering

website...... http://www.americantracktruck.com/index.php?page=sno-truck

It should work with those...

BigMeatVX
10/09/2010, 09:32 AM

YES!!! Hopefully we will see this produced by a large automaker in the future...

.Remember when just a few years back, a few folks were cutting the front swaybar on jeeps and welding on splines and a coupler, contolled with a cable...badda-bing NOW JEEP OFFERS THIS FROM THE FACTORY ON AT LEAST TWO MODELS....push-button swaybar disconnect....:smilegray

BigMeatVX
10/09/2010, 09:38 AM
Did you gut the inside of the fender and trim the cladding?

Yep, long ago I tore out all the inner plastic fenders...and smacked all the high points down with a BIG sledge hammer...opened it up....beat the firewall back about 1"
Trimmed the cladding 1" around the radius as well

ZEUS
10/09/2010, 10:46 AM
YES!!! Hopefully we will see this produced by a large automaker in the future...:smilegrayInteresting! I met the guy who invented the Revolver shackles and I figured he had made a bunch of money off of the patent sell to Teraflex. When I asked him about it he said you really don't get that much money from it. What is your stance? Have you floated the idea around to a bunch of places, come up with some sort of cost per unit sell or something?

BigMeatVX
10/09/2010, 11:31 AM
I dont expect to get rich off these....if thats what your askin:p

Who knows what the future holds, though....

RallyDude
10/09/2010, 08:59 PM
I was referring to a dash-mounted super flexy IFS controller for the VX, not looking to buy a 2014 Jeep. I've got to think something could be substituted for the removable pin?

RamAirZ
10/09/2010, 09:26 PM
Those vids are awesome!

Ascinder
10/09/2010, 09:28 PM
I was referring to a dash-mounted super flexy IFS controller for the VX, not looking to buy a 2014 Jeep. I've got to think something could be substituted for the removable pin?

I think the thing you're looking for in that case is a solenoid. You could also use a cable or push rod to make it lever actuated. An air or hydraulic cylinder would also work but require a little more work. I'd stick with the solenoid. You would probably have to taper the pin too so it would engage smoothly. How hard is it to get out and pull a pin though? Seems like for as much as you'd use this, you could pull a pin out 50 times and it would take just as long as installing a system like that once, not to mention cost, complexity, and reliability.

RallyDude
10/10/2010, 03:08 AM
I thought about a solenoid, but I didn't know if you had to move that yolk back and forth in order to get the pin in.

Marlin
10/10/2010, 04:54 AM

I have an idea, go to Home Depot, yell "Uno", put a harness under the VX, and voila, knock once to engage, knock twice to disengage.

phines
10/10/2010, 06:22 AM
I have an idea, go to Home Depot, yell "Uno", put a harness under the VX, and voila, knock once to engage, knock twice to disengage.

Good idea, but might have clearance issues.

vt_maverick
10/10/2010, 06:28 AM
How hard is it to get out and pull a pin though? Seems like for as much as you'd use this, you could pull a pin out 50 times and it would take just as long as installing a system like that once, not to mention cost, complexity, and reliability.

Unless you have skid plates. Obviously I've never installed this kit on my VX, but I would think it would be difficult to pull (and probably even harder to replace) the pin without removing the plate. If that's the only way to do it, then it kind of defeats the point of an easy to use pin.

Ascinder
10/10/2010, 07:32 AM
I can see where you guys are coming from with the skidplates, but I just really have a hard time believing that you're going to be able to get this system to align itself perfectly each time and get the pin to engage and disengage without it hanging up. If the hole the pin goes into has slop in it so it engages easier, then conversely it wouldn't be that tight when engaged and you'd probably have it rattling and banging all the time. On the other hand if it is a precision fit, them it's harder to line up each time. Solenoids aren't that powerful, and if you step up to hydraulics you may damage something by forcing the pin when it is out of alignment. That's kind of what I was meaning about being more troublesome that just going the manual route. Not saying it can't be done. Just may be pretty diffict to get right.

rowhard
10/10/2010, 07:37 AM
First off, well done, those are excellent demo vid's and it show's how well your Super Flexy IFS works.

I'm sure if he can design this, skid plate/pin interference would be a very minor bump in the road.

ZEUS
10/10/2010, 09:00 AM
Dude, I think Alan was telling you, "Sure, you could fab up your own dash activated setup." The reference he used implies... "The parts are out there. Get on it!" not "Go buy a Jeep." Let us know what you come up with...

Marlin
10/10/2010, 09:22 AM
Good idea, but might have clearance issues.

No, they don't need clearance to get in the country anymore apparently. :smack:

BigMeatVX
10/10/2010, 09:26 AM
I think the thing you're looking for in that case is a solenoid. You could also use a cable or push rod to make it lever actuated. An air or hydraulic cylinder would also work but require a little more work. I'd stick with the solenoid. You would probably have to taper the pin too so it would engage smoothly. How hard is it to get out and pull a pin though? Seems like for as much as you'd use this, you could pull a pin out 50 times and it would take just as long as installing a system like that once, not to mention cost, complexity, and reliability.

Yes the PIN already has a taper on the end of it that helps with allignment.:yesgray:

Most electric solinoids are not powerfull enough to pull this pin,:confused: however...Air or hydraulic??????:mado: way to much work and too complicated...IMHO

Here is what WILL work.

Imagine a HD long Valve-spring that holds the PIN in the hole....Now imagine a OEM style e-brake handle (which has compound leverage on a cable) attached to a HD cable....which is attached to the PIN.....
You pull the handle up untill it locks,,,the coil spring force (and friction) is overcome and the PIN slides back releasing the Cross-bar for SUPER-FLEXY use.

Then, when you hit the pavement again, then release the handle...The coil spring then pulls the handle down and pushes the pin back in place...(Of course you may have to rock the rig back and forth just a bit, but this could be done while in motion with just a flick of the steering wheel.)

This is something I will make availble later, however it will be $$$...

There are other ways to do this , also.... Just a big lever with simple linkage would work, too.:winky:

BigMeatVX
10/10/2010, 09:50 AM
No, they don't need clearance to get in the country anymore apparently. :smack:

:_thinking....

:tweed::tweed:...:_cop:...:bomb:. :disturbed...:yes:

Triathlete
10/10/2010, 02:14 PM
For those with skid plates...thats nothing a hole drill won't cure! One stategicly placed hole that your hand will fit through and your good to go.:yesy:

RallyDude
10/10/2010, 05:20 PM
I would think with some of the full skids that I have seen, drilling some holes for access, and cooling is your best bet anyway. You reduce some weight as a bonus, while still retaining most of the structural integrity. A blown tranny due to heat buildup costs just as much as a tranny crushed by a rock. Most of my experience with driving is mountain driving a stick. But I do know cooling that AT is critical especially under load. I regularly would climb 7500 feet at high speeds on interstate and highway just to get to work. If I had ay a skid, which I am somewhat looking for now (I plan on buying one in spring). I'd definitely drill some strategically placed holes. What good are overheated components caused by a skid that was there to protect it?

I think the super flexy IFS will prove to be a valuable off-road tool at a bargain price. Even bargain pricing until sometime in May (hopefully) for me is beyond my budget. I'll have to pay a bit more, but I'll see what everyone thinks as it seems like a lot of members are wisely going for this mod. For what I wheel, the balanced aggressive stance with better grip, will be much more stable and much less tippy when the going gets tough. On fast sections that have just mild obstacles, the truck should be able to suck up some obstacles while maintaining direction. Often I cross in and out of on- and off-road terrain. It would be nice to not have to crawl under the truck whenever the terrain changes. I like the e-brake type idea you came up with as well. I'm guessing you'll be busy creating all the standard kits before you decide to offer a cabin-operated version, or that part might just be DIY?

I've got to say, this is a really exciting mod. When I come back from Moab, I just usually mellow out and listen to the stereo after a week of playing. And instead you design an incredible bargain suspension component. I'm really impressed.

Marlin
10/10/2010, 05:48 PM
My only concern for others, not so much me, is to get the kind of flex he has in the videos, you gotta tear all that plastic BS out of the wheel wells. There is not a whole lot room in there for tuckin a 32 or 33" tire. Think about what angle your CV is gonna be at, a diff drop will help, its why I am doing mine. Don't get me wrong, I ordered my kit last week, and will thoroughly test it out, but I don't think its some magic simple toy to make your VX a SAS. Its gonna take some work to keep from tearing it up...enter EMPI CVs:)
Sorry to possibly turn away customers Bigmeat, but they need to know, I don't think this kit is for the once a year Moabber. Not that there is anything wrong with that either;) Just sayin............

Marlin
10/10/2010, 05:51 PM
PS, Bigmeat-can't wait to go wheelin with you when I get to Washington. Time to break some stuff:)
What all have you done to the front end for the performance you have in the video.

phines
10/10/2010, 06:08 PM
This mod is very cool indeed. I really enjoyed for the 22.3 minutes I had it installed prior to the engine death.

Joking aside, I did test it out on a few ditches and curbs and notices a huge difference.

Triathlete
10/10/2010, 09:23 PM
Marlin...I already have empi cv's...I think you are getting your cv's mixed up:yeso::bgwo:

Marlin
10/11/2010, 04:57 AM
Marlin...I already have empi cv's...I think you are getting your cv's mixed up:yeso::bgwo:

Ooops, substitute RCV everywhere you see EMPI. :bgwb:

vt_maverick
10/11/2010, 11:16 AM
I can see where you guys are coming from with the skidplates, but I just really have a hard time believing that you're going to be able to get this system to align itself perfectly each time and get the pin to engage and disengage without it hanging up. If the hole the pin goes into has slop in it so it engages easier, then conversely it wouldn't be that tight when engaged and you'd probably have it rattling and banging all the time. On the other hand if it is a precision fit, them it's harder to line up each time. Solenoids aren't that powerful, and if you step up to hydraulics you may damage something by forcing the pin when it is out of alignment. That's kind of what I was meaning about being more troublesome that just going the manual route. Not saying it can't be done. Just may be pretty diffict to get right.

Agreed, but how else can you encourage innovation without challenging smart people to go even farther? :)

For those with skid plates...thats nothing a hole drill won't cure! One stategicly placed hole that your hand will fit through and your good to go.:yesy:

I would think with some of the full skids that I have seen, drilling some holes for access, and cooling is your best bet anyway.

Sounds like a good idea to me, just got those metal drilling bits a few weeks ago for the roof rack, sounds like a good use (for cooling for me, as Marlin says SFIFS for your weekend beach runner is probably not so smart). Now I have to go buy a plug-in drill, the cordless Dewalt I have is just not up to the task, got to replace the damn battery every 10 minutes when drilling metal. :mad:

RallyDude
10/11/2010, 06:16 PM
If you have huge tires, removing most of the plastic in the wheel wells is going to be mandatory. I see this mod being beneficial however, even for stock or modestly altered vehicles. While the mod is capable of doing more, I think it could be fun even without a lift, etc., etc....

Robbomaz
10/17/2010, 06:35 PM
Yes the PIN already has a taper on the end of it that helps with allignment.:yesgray:

Most electric solinoids are not powerfull enough to pull this pin,:confused: however...Air or hydraulic??????:mado: way to much work and too complicated...IMHO

Here is what WILL work.

Imagine a HD long Valve-spring that holds the PIN in the hole....Now imagine a OEM style e-brake handle (which has compound leverage on a cable) attached to a HD cable....which is attached to the PIN.....
You pull the handle up untill it locks,,,the coil spring force (and friction) is overcome and the PIN slides back releasing the Cross-bar for SUPER-FLEXY use.

Then, when you hit the pavement again, then release the handle...The coil spring then pulls the handle down and pushes the pin back in place...(Of course you may have to rock the rig back and forth just a bit, but this could be done while in motion with just a flick of the steering wheel.)

This is something I will make availble later, however it will be $$$...

There are other ways to do this , also.... Just a big lever with simple linkage would work, too.:winky:
Two small pins driven in/out by cantilevers? The amount of mechanical advantage can be tailored and operation could be by a cable thru the floor to (ANOTHER :smilewink) lever

PS: Love ya work M8! Nothing better than rolling an **allegedly inferior** truck past the big ones :smilewink

Marlin
10/17/2010, 07:08 PM
Mine gets here thursday...I will be at Hallowharrie though:( I will get the install done in mid november, gotta finsh up my diff drops first (Joe D cut and welded em for me, but I gotta finish em up and do the cross member mod). I will take lots of pics during install. I have a uwharrie run in December, so look for some decent rock vids then...unless someone beats me to it.

Robbomaz
10/17/2010, 07:59 PM
Mine gets here thursday...I will be at Hallowharrie though:( I will get the install done in mid november, gotta finsh up my diff drops first (Joe D cut and welded em for me, but I gotta finish em up and do the cross member mod). I will take lots of pics during install. I have a uwharrie run in December, so look for some decent rock vids then...unless someone beats me to it.
So they are actually 'in production'? I just PM'd meat regarding...:bgwb:

vt_maverick
10/18/2010, 10:19 AM
Fortunately for us Meat isn't on Alpine-time. :D

Robbomaz
10/18/2010, 06:00 PM
Fortunately for us Meat isn't on Alpine-time. :D

DO NOT get me started on THAT!
Still waiting for some parts....

Robbomaz
10/19/2010, 05:27 PM
Where the Bigmeat at? I have a few interested parties on this side of the Passi-fik but have a couple of questions

Ascinder
10/19/2010, 06:32 PM
He doesn't come on here every day. But he'll show up soon. I feel very sorry for you guys BTW. I just had some brake cylinders shipped over from OZ for my '67 Patrol and the shipping price was more than the price of the parts! You may want to see if he can set up come kind of licensing agreement with someone over there and have them built on site.

Marlin
10/19/2010, 07:13 PM
He doesn't come on here every day. But he'll show up soon.

I have my account set up to auto email anytime someone posts something in my subscribed threads. Very convenient.

RamAirZ
10/19/2010, 08:04 PM
Where the Bigmeat at?

really, no one went THERE with this? :_confused

Ascinder
10/19/2010, 08:14 PM
Where the Bigmeat at?

really, no one went THERE with this?

THAT"S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!

happy now?:_shrug:

Robbomaz
10/19/2010, 08:46 PM
really, no one went THERE with this? :_confused
I was quite surprised myself :bgwb:

Robbomaz
10/19/2010, 08:49 PM
He doesn't come on here every day. But he'll show up soon. I feel very sorry for you guys BTW. I just had some brake cylinders shipped over from OZ for my '67 Patrol and the shipping price was more than the price of the parts! You may want to see if he can set up come kind of licensing agreement with someone over there and have them built on site.

Yeah we are a long way from anywhere lol :smilewink but consider it this way
I gave my 6VE1 a drink and bent 4 rods - I got rings, pistons, rods and gasket set from the US, paid US 270 for shipping alone and the whole lot arrived at my door for less than the Aust dealers price for the gasket set alone! :mady:

We dont sell many of these he says on the phone......cant imagine why not!

Robbomaz
10/19/2010, 08:53 PM
You may want to see if he can set up come kind of licensing agreement with someone over there and have them built on site.

The thought had crossed my mind. I have access to the facilities required :bwgy:
He could get a fee for every one we sell. Passive income is the best kind :bgwo:

Ascinder
10/19/2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah we are a long way from anywhere lol but consider it this way
I gave my 6VE1 a drink and bent 4 rods - I got rings, pistons, rods and gasket set from the US, paid US 270 for shipping alone and the whole lot arrived at my door for less than the Aust dealers price for the gasket set alone!

Isn't Japan right on your doorstep though? I would think replacement parts would be cheapest coming right form the source. But what do I know, the maps here are all screwed up:

http://blog.locustfork.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/usworldmap.jpg

Robbomaz
10/19/2010, 09:49 PM
Well I guess as the most populated Western country you guys get the focus :bwgy:
The parts were all US-made replacements rather than Isuzu. The dealers gasket kit was the same brand as I got from the US!

vt_maverick
10/20/2010, 11:08 AM
Isn't Japan right on your doorstep though? I would think replacement parts would be cheapest coming right form the source. But what do I know, the maps here are all screwed up:

Wow, that is shockingly accurate! :)

Marlin
10/20/2010, 01:44 PM
Wow, that is shockingly accurate! :)

As someone who has been to almost all of those places...its about right, except they did not mention indonesia and human trafficking. :confused: Australia isn't just kangoroos, its also home of Fosters, Outback Steakhouse, and of course Steve Irwin...I think that about sums it up, oh, Africa isn't just zoo animals, don't forget politicians.

pbkid
10/20/2010, 06:23 PM

hahaha thats hillarious!!!!!

Bob Barker
10/21/2010, 09:28 AM
so instead of looking through 11 pages I'm gonna be lazy and ask if these are for sale yet... :D

tom4bren
10/21/2010, 09:38 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18906

Lazy Ba5tard - Just kidding:)

Robbomaz
10/21/2010, 05:30 PM
As someone who has been to almost all of those places...its about right, except they did not mention indonesia and human trafficking. :confused: Australia isn't just kangoroos, its also home of Fosters, Outback Steakhouse, and of course Steve Irwin...I think that about sums it up, oh, Africa isn't just zoo animals, don't forget politicians.

No Outback Steakhouse here mate, OS is an American franchise! And contrary to what a very successful ad campaign worldwide would have you believe, hardly anyone in OZ drinks XXXX or Fosters of any kind :bgwo:

PS I've been to an Outback Steakhouse (in NC), was quite un-Australian! :smilewink

Triathlete
10/21/2010, 06:31 PM
No Outback Steakhouse here mate, OS is an American franchise! And contrary to what a very successful ad campaign worldwide would have you believe, hardly anyone in OZ drinks XXXX or Fosters of any kind :bgwo:

PS I've been to an Outback Steakhouse (in NC), was quite un-Australian! :smilewink

But do you have a donk?:bwgy:

Ascinder
10/21/2010, 07:26 PM
No Outback Steakhouse here mate, OS is an American franchise! And contrary to what a very successful ad campaign worldwide would have you believe, hardly anyone in OZ drinks XXXX or Fosters of any kind

I thought someone said that Foster's in Australia was crap anyways and that the stuff that gets sent over here that is labeled Foster's is actually Crown Lager or something. And why would Australia have an outback steakhouse anyways? Have you seen the stuff made of meat in OZ?

http://www.treehugger.com/koala-bathing.jpg

http://www.owensworld.com/funnyimages/files/kangaroo_big.jpg

http://animal.discovery.com/guides/baby-animals/mammals/gallery/platypus.jpg

http://files.sharenator.com/echidna_Worlds_strangest_looking_animals-s450x350-2283.jpg

http://www.endangered-animals.com.au/endangered_animals_pics/tasmanian_devil_d2.jpg

http://www.janesoceania.com/australia_aboriginal_history/Aboriginal%20Jimmy%20Walkabout_%20pitjantjara_trib e.jpg

Who would want to eat any of that?

Robbomaz
10/21/2010, 07:36 PM
But do you have a donk?:bwgy:

Got a v6 donk in me ute mate:smilewink

Robbomaz
10/21/2010, 07:40 PM
http://www.jspr.nl/news/uploads/elle%20mcpherson%2003.jpg
I thought someone said that Foster's in Australia was crap anyways and that the stuff that gets sent over here that is labeled Foster's is actually Crown Lager or something. And why would Australia have an outback steakhouse anyways? Have you seen the stuff made of meat in OZ?

http://www.treehugger.com/koala-bathing.jpg

http://www.owensworld.com/funnyimages/files/kangaroo_big.jpg

http://animal.discovery.com/guides/baby-animals/mammals/gallery/platypus.jpg

http://files.sharenator.com/echidna_Worlds_strangest_looking_animals-s450x350-2283.jpg

http://www.endangered-animals.com.au/endangered_animals_pics/tasmanian_devil_d2.jpg

http://www.janesoceania.com/australia_aboriginal_history/Aboriginal%20Jimmy%20Walkabout_%20pitjantjara_trib e.jpg

Who would want to eat any of that?

Grif
10/21/2010, 07:43 PM
http://www.jspr.nl/news/uploads/elle%20mcpherson%2003.jpg

And she's Super Flexy?

Robbomaz
10/21/2010, 07:55 PM
Elle McPherson? I should imagine she is!

Grif
10/21/2010, 08:21 PM
Ahhh ok... Super Flexy IFS= Super Flexible International Female Supermodel.

Sign me up!

RamAirZ
10/21/2010, 08:23 PM
I'll jump on that list too Grif!

pbkid
10/21/2010, 10:19 PM
ya, no kidding.. sign me up for 2 of those supermodel kits.....

Ascinder
10/22/2010, 07:28 PM
LOL, excellent point. BTW: :hj: :bwgy:

BigMeatVX
10/23/2010, 10:14 AM
That map should be manditory in school....:yesb:

Ive been busy offroading, and working on improvements...the PIN is a bit difficult to remove at times:rotate:

Robbomaz
11/09/2010, 10:02 PM
That map should be manditory in school....:yesb:

Ive been busy offroading, and working on improvements...the PIN is a bit difficult to remove at times:rotate:
Dropped you a email a week or so back to the hotmail address mate! Did ya get it?

Marlin
11/12/2010, 04:23 AM

I know, that is why it was a joke, my grandpa is friends with the daughter of the family that started Outback...in Florida!!
As for Fosters...Crikey, I thought that might get you goin:)

whiplash
10/04/2012, 03:52 PM
hey all, I hate to revive an age old thread but I've been trying to reach Bigmeat about these kits but his message box is full and email isn't working. Does anybody out there have any ideas of how i could get a hold of him.
Thanks in advance.

Lavx0642
02/11/2016, 05:32 PM
Lost in time?!?! Can we still get a hold of these?

VXorado
02/11/2016, 07:34 PM
Lost in time?!?! Can we still get a hold of these?

I built several kits a few years back after BigMeat sold his VX. I have some spare parts and autocad drawings that could be used to build one last unit, but I'm not interested in putting together the kit myself. You can PM me if you want some more details.

yellowgizmo99
02/28/2016, 06:20 AM
Look for a PM about parts