PDA

View Full Version : torque steer

lfranz166
07/12/2010, 01:09 PM
Ok so this may be discussed somewhere else in the forum if so maybe someone can redirect me,

i just did my lift and got roughly 3 inches of lift out of the front and same in the rear now that i have my new tires on it seems that i have torque steer between 10-30 mph under hard acceleration

now having said that i havnt had it alligned yet and i do have an appointment for this on payday (friday)

any help would be great i was also considering manual hubs but i do like the TOD for daily use so i hate to do that

samneil2000
07/12/2010, 01:32 PM
Watch your TOD lights when you are accelerating. I have 33inch mud terrains and my TOD goes nuts any time I accelerate harder than say quarter throttle. I can feel it pulling and letting off over and over in the front end. It's been said that getting the same air pressure across all four tires will help, but that hasn't helped me. I've been thinking about hooking up a TOD disconnect switch to eliminate the surging.

lfranz166
07/13/2010, 02:05 PM
thats exactly it its like a pulse or surge i figure the alignment has to play a factor there and yes my lights were goin crazy. i will check all my pressures to if not the manual hub conversion will definitely help as well