PDA

View Full Version : New member from Chi-town-UICMC

fishhookmaui
08/28/2003, 10:54 AM
Hello to all..I have had my '01 kaiser silver for 1yr. with ~13 k miles,bought it new at Jim M'Lady in Crystal Lake...Not unlike everybody in this forum,I just love this vehicle from the very 1st time I laid eyes on it.I keep it in almost pristine condition.My wife said that I rub the car more than I rub her.She's kidding,of course.:) I have never done any off-roading nor am I technically incline but I am open to any suggestions/comments as to how I can better this vehicle of ours..I love to fish and hike trails,drink a few brews and the family have a yearly vacation spent in Clearwater Beach ,FL.Just this month,we were Portland,OR.,enjoyed the lovely scenic coasts and the Columbia River Gorge area...Last,I would like to know the person in this board who slipped a note on my windshield asking me to join this forum,thanks!!DO you work @UICMC?

carlymac
08/28/2003, 11:33 AM
Glad to see you made it to the family. The good thing about this forum is you don't have to be mecanically inclined, or good with stereo's or whatever. Eventually someone will have a question you'll have knowledge in. If not all comments are welcome.
Just like a family we bicker from time to time but as a whole we learn from and support each other. I've been wanting to visit CHI-town for some time and some day hope to make a windy city meet.
Again welcome to the family.............carlymac;Do;

VCAMILO
08/28/2003, 11:43 AM
Welcome... There are several people here that also got there VX's @ Jim M'Lady. They were a pain in the butt to deal with. They had me going for over 5hrs on pricing and financing. Since then I have moved to Phoenix and I love my Jim M'Lady VX. ;Db;
When I do fly back to Chicago I can always borrow my mothers VX. YEP YEP! Have fun in the meets. I attended three meets in Chicago before I move out here. I think I have about 10+ meets under my belt. Enjoy your VX MAN!

Moncha
08/28/2003, 12:39 PM
Welcome!! Good to see members coming from recommendations.

Do an intro for yourself here (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35) and let us know what VX you have here (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28).
Again, welcome!

nocturnalVX
08/28/2003, 03:01 PM
Hey there! I'm glad to see another Chi-town VXer on the forum. This is a great source of info. and a cool place to see what other VXers are doing accross the nation/world. Enjoy your VX, and again... WELCOME!

TDAWG
08/28/2003, 04:07 PM
Welcome to the Family.

SGT.BATGUANO
08/28/2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by fishhookmaui
...Last,I would like to know the person in this board who slipped a note on my windshield asking me to join this forum,thanks!!DO you work @UICMC?

Hello and welcome,

I placed the note on your VX. (Recruiter points! Cha-ching :) )

Yes.

I know of at least 3 other VX's on the premises. Put notes on them all, not sure if they were interested.

1 ebony
1 proton
1 ironman

AnalogVX
08/28/2003, 07:22 PM
Welcome! It's great to hear from another VXer from the area. This truck is TONS of fun off-road. Poke around in the galleries and gaze at what some of the members have done to their vehicles. You can spend hours there! I get my inspiration from them. For a limited produciton vehicle...there are alot of unique ideas and great looking personalized VX's out there.

2K1 1K2
08/28/2003, 08:47 PM
welcome, fellow chicagoan! you've just joined a great site w/ a great bunch of VX enthusiasts!

-jose

Navigator
08/28/2003, 09:05 PM
...Welcome aboard!!!

Panther_Black_VX
08/29/2003, 09:31 AM
Good deal Sgt!! Way to recruit!

Say do we have vechicross.info calling cards or something like that? I would love to have some so I could put them on other VXes I see....

fishhookmaui: WELCOME ABOARD!!

SGT.BATGUANO
08/29/2003, 10:54 PM
I believe there's something in the downloads section. Print your own.

fishhookmaui
08/30/2003, 07:34 PM
thanks to all for the nice welcome.hey sarge,where at uicmc you work at?

SGT.BATGUANO
08/31/2003, 12:30 AM
I'm in the 911 building generally, but my daily duties have me all over the west side.