PDA

View Full Version : I cant get my alarm to turn off after battery disconnect

toast018
08/04/2010, 06:26 PM
HAAAAAAAAAALP!!! i disconnected my battery and since the po didnt have a key fob I cant turn it off! :mado: i tried the key in the door and unlock it but it doesnt do anything and the alarm keeps on a keeping on...

I found the black box under the dash but unhooking it keeps the truck from starting even though the alarm is off... Can I short some of the wires in the alarm harness to allow my to get to work in the morning? :confused:

Ldub
08/04/2010, 06:39 PM
HAAAAAAAAAALP!!! i disconnected my battery and since the po didnt have a key fob I cant turn it off! :mado: i tried the key in the door and unlock it but it doesnt do anything and the alarm keeps on a keeping on...

I found the black box under the dash but unhooking it keeps the truck from starting even though the alarm is off... Can I short some of the wires in the alarm harness to allow my to get to work in the morning? :confused:

Take the wires off the horns.

toast018
08/04/2010, 06:40 PM
Take the wires off the horns.

It still wont start... :( just isnt as loud. lol

Luna X
08/04/2010, 06:47 PM
sometimes, this will work...

With the battery disconnected, turn the key to "on" position. Connect battery and try to start... ;)

djmdma02
08/04/2010, 06:48 PM
I got a supplement with my original manual about disabling the alarm, something with turning the key and shifting... or some such, I will try to dig it out.

toast018
08/04/2010, 07:01 PM
sometimes, this will work...

With the battery disconnected, turn the key to "on" position. Connect battery and try to start... ;)

awesome man! I tried this before but it didnt work. so we tried it again, still didnt work so we turned it completely off and then on again and then bam it started right up!!! WOOOOOOT!

Thanks a million! Now Im off to bed to pass out and get up at 430. :(

Thanks again everyone!

Luna X
08/05/2010, 07:50 AM
Did you make it to work on time with your new toy?