PDA

View Full Version : Hood lock cable

jmayer40
08/07/2010, 10:57 AM
Mine is getting close to snapping. Is there a cross reference part for it or certain dia.? ... Hoping the you all can give me hints to finding one..Down to 1 strand now.. Need info plz !

Ldub
08/08/2010, 06:33 AM
it may still be available from Isuzu.

St Charles Isuzu ( 636-441-4481 ) ask for Merlin in the parts dept.

:luck:

Bob Barker
08/08/2010, 07:01 AM
Ive been having a problem with mine not releasing when I pull the lever. wonder if the cable on mine is wore out too.

Ldub
08/08/2010, 07:03 AM
Ive been having a problem with mine not releasing when I pull the lever. wonder if the cable on mine is wore out too.

Adjust the bumpers in the radiator support bulkhead by twisting counter clockwise until the hood pops when the release is pulled...:_wrench:

tomdietrying
08/08/2010, 07:36 AM
Mine is doing the same thing as Bob's. I'll look at my hood today to see if I can see where you're talking about Ldub. Thanks for the advice.
Peace.
Tom

Bob Barker
08/08/2010, 08:00 AM
Coolio. Easy fix!

Luna X
08/08/2010, 08:19 AM
Taking Ldub's advice one step further... if you find that after adjusting the rubber stops the hood sits too high to the fenders, you would then need to adjust the hood latch.

There are 3 bolts to loosen for the latch. Make sure to keep it centered, but lower it just a bit and this will give you the extra pressure needed to pop the hood up... there will be some fine tuning involved with a few trips back and forth to the release lever inside.

Also, clean the latch well to get all the grime off so the mechanism works smooth, then spray some lube on it. Work the latch a few times without shutting the hood down. (use a screwdriver or 1/4" extension to latch by hand) Doing this will also tell you if the latch is releasing on it's own... if you don't get a good snapping action of the latch releasing, then it just may be time to replace the cable.