PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy camber shim kit?

JULIAN911
08/08/2010, 08:58 PM
I need this camber shim kit to have a perfect alignment. Please let me know where you guys/gals got yours.

Thanks much!

Ldub
08/08/2010, 10:57 PM
Call a few alignment shops that are local to you.

crotchrocket
08/09/2010, 04:04 AM
Made mine with some sheet steel and an angle grinder :D

etlsport
08/09/2010, 04:18 AM
Hunter provided the ones used on mine.. So any shop with a hunter alignment rack should have them or be able to order them

JULIAN911
08/10/2010, 09:39 PM
I originally got the alignment done with Brake Check, lifetime deal, so after getting new shoes from Lambs with a free alignment check, they notified me that my (camber) alignment is way out of spec and would need the shim kit.

Went back to Brake Check and they agreed, however, they said they couldn't source the camber shim kit from anywhere. If this so called shim kit should be available at any alignment shop, then perhaps this Brake Check shop must be incompetent :(

Is this camber shim kit a universal shim or specific to the vehicross?

Ldub
08/10/2010, 10:38 PM
I originally got the alignment done with Brake Check, lifetime deal, so after getting new shoes from Lambs with a free alignment check, they notified me that my (camber) alignment is way out of spec and would need the shim kit.

Went back to Brake Check and they agreed, however, they said they couldn't source the camber shim kit from anywhere. If this so called shim kit should be available at any alignment shop, then perhaps this Brake Check shop must be incompetent :(

Is this camber shim kit a universal shim or specific to the vehicross?

Reading this thread may be helpful...:_wrench: Pics & everything...:yesgray:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16657&highlight=camber+shim&page=2

BigMeatVX
08/11/2010, 12:43 AM
GM starter shims for a small block....they work...look in the "help" section of your local auto parts store....:happyface

MSHardeman
08/11/2010, 07:33 AM
I haven't done this so hopefully someone who has will chime in, but doesn't doing the "ball joint flip" help out with this issue?

Ldub
08/11/2010, 08:01 AM
I haven't done this so hopefully someone who has will chime in, but doesn't doing the "ball joint flip" help out with this issue?

Not so much, maybe a little...:_confused

What it DOES do, is give a bit more down travel, (droop) especially in conjunction with low-pro droop snubbers. (bump stops)

LittleBeast
08/11/2010, 02:29 PM

That was my understanding as well as giving some slight increase in down travel. I have the t-bars almost maxed out, with the ball joint flip and the VX always gets a good lifetime alignment from Firestone, I don't know what to tell you sorry :)