PDA

View Full Version : Heater

Hol_VX
09/04/2010, 08:31 AM
Well I took my VX off-roading a couple days ago, It handles like a dream out there, anyway I went to turn my heater on to warm up my car yesterday morning and I turned it up to full blast and my car started rumbling and the dashboard was shaking. Dont know if I knocked something loose when I took her out? Was wondering if anyone had any idea what I did to her?The help is appreciated. Thanks

Luna X
09/04/2010, 09:10 AM
Since living out in Arizona, I'm not sure what this "heater" thing is you're talkin' about... ;)

It sounds like the blower motor might be on it's way out... Or, something fell down inside it, like a small screw, etc. (you can get to the blower motor by taking the glove-box out)

Hol_VX
09/04/2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks! Ill take a look at that tonight. Hopefully it is just a screw. Dont need any more problems considering my cooling fan just went, and my ABS lights been on for about two months now.:_brickwal

Triathlete
09/04/2010, 02:34 PM
When you pull the fan you will find it is a "hamster wheel" type of fan. Try cleaning it out and lubing it.

Luna X
09/04/2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks! Ill take a look at that tonight. Hopefully it is just a screw. Dont need any more problems considering my cooling fan just went, and my ABS lights been on for about two months now.:_brickwal

Don't worry about the ABS light ... half of us are probably runnin' around with it on. My braking system works great and the light has been on for 4 months.
The next time you'll have to worry about it might be for a new inspection sticker... (does Ma. still make you go through all that every couple years? It's been awhile since I lived back there)

Hol_VX
09/05/2010, 04:50 AM
(does Ma. still make you go through all that every couple years? It's been awhile since I lived back there)

So I removed the glove box yesterday and took a look. Wasnt able to do much else only cause I didnt have the tools. I can see everything vibrate
when I turn the blower on high. Ill have to try to take it apart Tuesday when I can get into the shop on Base.

Hol_VX
09/05/2010, 04:53 AM
When you pull the fan you will find it is a "hamster wheel" type of fan. Try cleaning it out and lubing it.

You think a dirty fan could cause the whole dashboard to rumble?

Triathlete
09/05/2010, 03:27 PM
Very possible...kind of like a tire out of balance...only on a smaller scale:yesy: