PDA

View Full Version : remote starter/anti theft??

vxfocus
10/05/2010, 03:06 PM
Does any one know what kind of anti theft the vx has?
I have installed remote starters on my last two cars and both had to have the anti thefts bypassed in order for the remote start to work.
But different types of anti theft systems are bypassed in different ways .
Thanx
Ken

tom4bren
10/05/2010, 06:20 PM
There are different modes for our alarm system. I have mine shut off since I have the only remote.

Have you looked in the security system manual?

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=10

vxfocus
10/06/2010, 04:17 PM
thanx for the link

vxfocus
10/27/2010, 12:23 PM
Hey All,
I have some info that may be helpful to anyone thinking about installing a remote starter on the vx.
First:you do not need a bypass module for the install
Second:the hard shift issue:When I first installed the starter I had the hard shift issue that i have read about,so i looked into this further to find the shop I bought my starter from had printed out a wiring chart for my install.The chart did not have IGN 2 on it so I didnt hook the IGN 2 wire from the remote start unit to any wire on the vx...that was the problem.after searching for another wiring chart I found this one http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/1186.html which listed the IGN 2 as black/red at the igntion switch after hooking this up everything has been fine with the start and with the shifting issue.
I also installed a rear door popper and have it tied in with the remote start key folb along with the power locks.
hope this helps
let me know if you have any questions
ken

tom4bren
10/27/2010, 12:34 PM
GTK - thanks for following through with it.

vt_maverick
10/27/2010, 01:59 PM
Well that makes it a done deal, I'm stopping by your place on the way to Wisconsin next summer to have you do this to my VX. :D I'm not too worried about remote start, but I would love to get the popper tied to a remote, OEM or otherwise.

MSHardeman
10/27/2010, 04:35 PM
vt_mav, I know Raque Thomas did a write up on how to get the rear door popper hooked into the stock key fob. I started to do the mod, but got my wiring a little crossed so I put it back to stock and haven't been back in to fix it yet.

Here's the thread: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=2069 Looks like the links to the diagrams are broken. I have them printed out at home and I could draw them up and post them up here if you're interested.

vt_maverick
10/27/2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks dude, yeah it would be great if you could scan the diagrams and upload them to this site so we have them archived permanently. No hurry though, it would be at least several weeks before I'd have time to do it anyway.

MSHardeman
10/29/2010, 08:03 AM
I'll start another thread on this so that it's not buried, but here is the wiring diagram that Raque uploaded oh so long ago (I CADded it up for better clarity).
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/VX_Door_Popper_Wiring_Diagram-Model.jpg

Raque states that:
"When wired as shown, the door panel unlock switches will open the trunk ONLY if the key is off or out of the vehicle. I like this feature because I can open either door and just hit the switch to pop the trunk.

If the key is in the run position, the door panel switches still operate the door locks but NOT the trunk. The only thing that will open the trunk while the car is running is the switch in the glove box.

So, car off - second press on remote (stock Isuzu), or door panel switches unlock the trunk. Car on - glove box switch only."

In the old thread it looks like etlsport did this mod, so maybe he'll pipe up to tell us how/if it's working.

RallyDude
10/30/2010, 12:32 AM
The po installed a remote starter on mine, and an aftermarket alarm as well. I can't be more specific as I'm not sure how he did it. I didn't even know it had remote start, until a tow operator pushed a different remote button to lock it, and it started up. Yea! just in time for winter.