PDA

View Full Version : VX saves the day!!

Marlin
10/08/2010, 04:36 PM
On my way home from picking up the trailer and a new Optima battery in preps for picking up the Trooper RS tomorrow, I saw a minivan buried to the frame in mud. I told her I'd be right back. I went home, got the VX and came back to save the day. Fortunately I keep all my gear in the truck at all times. I misjudged how deep the mud was, it covered my manual hub and ate my flip flops:( A friend of mine also stopped and we managed to get under the van and dig out a spot on the rear axle, and I fished in the mud to engage the hub. Good thing it has fresh grease in it.
Another guy with a big chevy truck stopped and expressed concern that he was going to have to pull mine out of the mud too. Needless to say, he was apologetic after I was done. I pulled the van out, left three rows of ruts where I dragged my rear diff through the mud and of course the tires. Traffic was backed up, and those dick heads wouldn't let me turn around and merge, so I pulled out in front of a little civic and threw a good 10lbs of mud across his hood and windshield. He should have stopped and let me out...:)
Score one for VX, zero for big chevy truck.

Triathlete
10/08/2010, 05:06 PM
1 question...what was the minivan doing trying to go through the deep mud in the first place?:noo:

Triathlete
10/08/2010, 05:07 PM
??? 2...where are the pics?:bwgy:

Marlin
10/08/2010, 05:17 PM
Sorry, no pics, and she ran off the road, its all grassy, but its swamp grass, so very deep mud, once her passenger tire was off the shoulder, it was over for her.

USMCvxOFFROAD
10/08/2010, 11:14 PM
yet another reason women like my wife should not drive

Marlin
10/09/2010, 02:04 AM
yet another reason women like my wife should not drive

I told her to tell her husband she drove through a puddle, she said "Iain't got no husband". No wonder she drove into the mud...no one to be held accountable to:)

Riff Raff
10/09/2010, 04:12 AM
I told her to tell her husband she drove through a puddle, she said "Iain't got no husband".

Hmmm, perhaps that's the main reason she intentionally got herself stuck-- Perspective Husband Shopping; looking for that man in Bright Shining Armor. Err, in your case Bright Proton Armor.

Great Job, Marlin-- we are all proud of you!!!

:clap:

ZEUS
10/09/2010, 05:26 AM
Speaking of husband shopping... Riff, you do realize Marlin is already married to a woman right? :P

vt_maverick
10/11/2010, 12:04 PM
Just think, if you had that winch/winch bumper from Joe Darlington you could have pulled her out from the pavement. ;)

Marlin
10/11/2010, 01:14 PM
Just think, if you had that winch/winch bumper from Joe Darlington you could have pulled her out from the pavement. ;)

What would be the fun in that? Now people drive by and see some 2 foot deep ruts and think, "damn, someone had to call a tow truck to get out of that"...not on my watch.