PDA

View Full Version : MAS from Granatelli

vx69
09/04/2003, 07:59 PM
I just got delivered from JCWhitney a MAS from Granatelli for the 3.5 Isuzu, and it sucks. I will be returning it tomorrow. It not only killed the power, but it also threw a CEL and made the vehicle stall several times during an only 5 mile drive!!! I will post tomorrow on my return experience, but just to let everyone know. Do Not Buy!!!

Dallas4u
09/04/2003, 11:06 PM
I was just looking at this tonight. Not that I'm going to buy it, but I did notice someone had the correct model for the VX on Ebay for $198 (or something like that). Glad you tested it first. We need people like you!

SGT.BATGUANO
09/05/2003, 03:35 AM
You did do the battery disconnect , computer reset thing before condemning it, right?

vx69
09/05/2003, 08:03 PM
yep actually i disconected it twice because the first time i got a CEL i thought i did not leave it unhooked long enough, so I did it again and i know it was long enough because it cleared the CEL. Thanks for the advice. I talked to JC Whitney and they said they were not sure what the problem was and they gave me a full refund after they recieve the MAS back from me.

SGT.BATGUANO
09/05/2003, 11:19 PM
Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Too bad you couldn't contact Granatelli and see if they had a solution or reccommendations.

I think the e-pay one was listed for an Isuzu, if you read the entire post and application it's not for a 'zu but a S-10 or maybe an Hombre.

Dallas4u
09/06/2003, 09:48 AM
If you go to the Granatelli site, they have one listed for the VX, and it is the same model number as the one on E-Bay.