PDA

View Full Version : Detroit/ Bloomfield Hills, MI VXers....

MSHardeman
11/11/2010, 08:17 AM
Anybody out there? I checked the member list and it looks like we have a few Detroit VXers, and some have even checked in recently.

I might need some help from one of you guys in getting some VX stuff crated up and sent out to me. Some of you may have seen the VX parts for sale over on the internet parts thread. I have been in contact with the seller and we are trying to find a way to get everything out to me here in Colorado. Would anyone be willing to help this guy crate up the parts and get them shipped? I'm sure we could work out a deal for your time and effort.

dietz99vcross
11/11/2010, 02:21 PM
Hey I am 130 miles away. right around 2 hours each way. Not sure when this is needed, but I do know that steering wheel would look great replacing my piece of crap. So.....Just sayin' ball is in your court.

Mike

MSHardeman
12/05/2010, 11:53 AM
Still need some help from the Detroiters.

Have been talking to the guy with all of the VX parts on the Detroit Craigslist (has shown up in the "Internet Parts Thread"). The seller had a way to build a crate to ship the stuff out, but that fell through. Now he is about to move and needs to get that stuff out of his way. Can anyone help me by picking the stuff up and crating it up? I know that's a LOT to ask, but it would be nice to get the stuff out here. If not, I'll just have to pass on it.

OR, does anyone have a suggestion about how to ship the stuff? Is there a place, like The UPS Store, where the stuff could be dropped off, crated up, and shipped?

vt_maverick
12/05/2010, 07:07 PM
I'm sure the UPS store could box it up for you but that's going to be big $$$$, probably more than the price for the parts themselves. I think you've got to ask yourself if it's worth $500 for that stuff... :(

MSHardeman
12/05/2010, 08:45 PM
I'm right there with you. $200 for that stuff is a steal, but if it costs me twice that just to ship it then it's not worth it. That's why I was hoping that one of the Detroit VXers could help out. It looked like it was going to happen, but the seller lost his access to a shop to build a crate on the cheap.

Still hoping.....

vt_maverick
12/06/2010, 11:28 AM
Bump for members close by... this guy moves on Wednesday (day after tomorrow) and will dump it if no one gets it.

dietz99vcross
12/06/2010, 04:33 PM
I mentioned earlier my offer to assist, but cannot on short notice. The next day I have off is Friday. I could drive over and pick up items and store at my garage until you figure out shipping and such. I don't want to promise packing and shipping at this time. Let me know - Mike