PDA

View Full Version : Struggling Guys!!!!!!

crotchrocket
11/19/2010, 01:13 AM
I've been chatting to the owner of this and i went and test drove one at the weekend :slap:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-Defender-50th-Anniversary-V8-Auto-LPG-/290501574973?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43a33e413d

I'm considering seeing what the bank man says.......and getting one!

Its the 4lt V8 Auto on LPG and although its a little less comfortable and fast as the Isuzu i have a soft spot for it. Especially since i dont like the look of the Discovery with the same engine and the rangerover with the same engine has too many electrics and sensors to take off road and/or maintain...... However, believe it or not they are both cheaper!

Bob Barker
11/19/2010, 02:51 AM
The back seat/seats in that thing are AWESOME!!! I don't know why but if I had the funds I'd buy it just for that!

The rest of the truck is pretty bad arse looking as well.

alterastro
11/19/2010, 07:13 AM
So where did you put your right shoulder when you were driving it? :bgwo::bgwb::smilewink

VX KAT
11/19/2010, 08:14 AM
JAMES!! DOOOO ETTTTT!!!! That's an awesome one! :thumbup:
Love all the details, the blacked rims are cool too. Way cooler looking than our Coniston green one. When did they put the stereo in the dash or is that a mod??? I see a little cubby tray when the stereo used to be, much more useful!
But ya do need to paint that roof back to white and then add a great big Brownchurch roof rack!
Will Claire still be speaking to you?

tom4bren
11/19/2010, 08:59 AM
Will Claire still be speaking to you?

I'm not sure she ever fully recovered from the Cammo bedsheets.

crotchrocket
11/19/2010, 09:08 AM
^^ hahahahahahahahah

OK GUYS

So i .................erm...................may have just done some thing a bit irrational (sp?) i decided that i cant take a bank loan and that the VX has run out of MOT so cant be driven legally until it has one. Therefore the land rover (which i would need to have the window open to allow my shoulder to stick out from Nick) is out the window.

Im travelling half the country tomorrow to pick up this :D as a winter Hack whilst i sort the VX

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/land-rover-RANGE-ROVER-VOGUE-v8-EFI-Auto-GREEN-lpg_W0QQitemZ260692849054QQcategoryZ29748QQcmdZVie wItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26it u%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5 065925990337746992

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/B8yHlLwEGk_KGrHqEOKn_EywoiFsG-BM4Br_IQYQ_12.jpg

So this is the sound track...............one of the finsest sounds of the 20th century.....The Rover V8 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM9VCAwDXOA

VX KAT
11/19/2010, 09:30 AM
Im travelling half the country tomorrow to pick up this :D as a winter Hack whilst i sort the VX

[/IMG]

Darn...:( I wanted to see that in your driveway...

"traveling half the country..."....no,no... let me tell you about driving half the country....:laugho:

crotchrocket
11/19/2010, 09:32 AM
lol, yep its 3 hours each way you know Kat !!! LOL

yellowgizmo99
11/19/2010, 12:28 PM
your whole trip is just getting me to the other end of my state from where I live. lol

circmand
11/19/2010, 12:38 PM
lol, yep its 3 hours each way you know Kat !!! LOL

3 days now thats a country

yellowgizmo99
11/19/2010, 03:04 PM
I think he had too many letters should have been county.lol

Ldub
11/19/2010, 03:49 PM
Glad to hear you're gonna stay in the VX fam...:yesgray:

Bob Barker
11/19/2010, 05:00 PM
So what is MOT and how do you get more of it?

is that like a secret British mojo? Sounds like something Austin Powers (A true representation of British people:D) would know about!

vt_maverick
11/19/2010, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the same thing as our inspection sticker Bob.

James I'm sorry to see that you couldn't pick up that Defender, that thing was sweet! But what you did end up with is nice, although I'm sure it won't get the same "wows" as the Defender or VX. But you can always get one later right? :)

crotchrocket
11/20/2010, 02:52 AM
Well I've just gone through doncaster on the way to leeds and its gone from foggy and dull to blue skies...... So it must be a long way!! I mean I've been on the train for 1 1/2 hours!! :D

Ldub
02/17/2012, 04:13 PM
Well I've just gone through doncaster on the way to leeds and its gone from foggy and dull to blue skies...... So it must be a long way!! I mean I've been on the train for 1 1/2 hours!! :D

Are ya there yet?...:confused:...:laughing:

Miss you around here James...:(

braaus
02/17/2012, 04:38 PM
Thank you James! i have a Drifter, and some years ago, i was looking for photos of other Drifters online, when i found this one:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/17631/ppuser/3595

That made me research to find out what car was that, and now i have my JDM too! Do you still have your bike?
I have these:

Drifter:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17121683@N00/5356116525
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17121683@N00/5386524403

Honda Cafe Racer
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17121683@N00/6243184740

Good luck on your new purchase.
Cheers, Will.

Paul_A
02/18/2012, 09:39 AM
So what is MOT and how do you get more of it?

is that like a secret British mojo? Sounds like something Austin Powers (A true representation of British people:D) would know about!

Lol! "Ministry of Transport" test.... Annual thing to prove your car is safe/roadworthy. Brakes, lights, horn, emissions, steering, tyres ... all that kind of good stuff! You can get failed for the stupidest of things (got failed last time for "excessive play" in the steering column.... pointed out to the tester he hadn't got the adjustment lever set properly...... pass! :p

tom4bren
02/21/2012, 06:23 AM
Lol! "Ministry of Transport" test.... Annual thing to prove your car is safe/roadworthy. Brakes, lights, horn, emissions, steering, tyres ... all that kind of good stuff! You can get failed for the stupidest of things (got failed last time for "excessive play" in the steering column.... pointed out to the tester he hadn't got the adjustment lever set properly...... pass! :p

Paul,

Y'all aren't alone on the stupidity of inspections. Here are some of the things I've gotten 'failed' for in the past (not the VX though):

1. seat belt webbing was too stiff

2. hood didn't pop up when release was pulled (released but didn't didn't pop up 1").

3. lift blocks on the front - there weren't any ... he was looking at the spring perch & changed his mind when I pointed out that NOBODY would go to the trouble of installing 1/4" lift blocks:)

4. gas cap was too difficult to remove (OEM cap kept getting stolen so the aftermarket one that PO put on kept getting re-used)

5. windshield washer didn't work - it did, he just couldn't find it.

Ldub
02/21/2012, 06:50 AM
Paul,

Y'all aren't alone on the stupidity of inspections. Here are some of the things I've gotten 'failed' for in the past (not the VX though):

1. seat belt webbing was too stiff

OMG...:upsetgray

Where do dillies like that come from...:confused:

I'da been hard pressed to keep from going "all in" in an effort to get that dill hole fired...by the donald, if at all possible..:laughing:

tom4bren
02/21/2012, 07:28 AM

I'da been hard pressed to keep from going "all in" in an effort to get that dill hole fired...by the donald, if at all possible..:laughing:

ROFL

That was with my ol' 79 Dodge Power Wagon. It got to be a 'laugh or cry' thang every year ... even started an office pool on how many things I was going to get failed on.

tom4bren
02/21/2012, 07:34 AM

ROFL

That was with my ol' 79 Dodge Power Wagon. It got to be a 'laugh or cry' thang every year ... even started an office pool on how many things I was going to get failed on.