PDA

View Full Version : Saipan?

Stephen Biko
11/20/2010, 01:45 AM
This is a total long shot - but any VXer's living on Saipan?
I'm thinking about moving out there and am debating if I should ship my VX over or sell it.

Marlin
11/20/2010, 05:24 AM
This is a total long shot - but any VXer's living on Saipan?
I'm thinking about moving out there and am debating if I should ship my VX over or sell it.

I would bring it!! Saipan is awesome, I personally prefer Guam, due to access to the airport and more stores/dealerships, but its just a short boat ride away. There is a decent 4wd club in Guam, not sure about saipan though. Pretty sure our oldest son was conceived in Saipan....
What takes you there?
On a high note, your VX could never get stolen, it would be a one of a kind there, so no way to sell it, and it would be worthless for parts. There is a strong Isuzu presents on the islands, cheap 4wd are popular there for some reason.
Good luck.

VX KAT
11/20/2010, 06:29 AM
There is a strong Isuzu presents on the islands, cheap 4wd are popular there for some reason.
Good luck.
Cool, they give ya presents when you move there!?? :p
OK, it's early, I couldn't resist Marlin! :wave:

Marlin
11/20/2010, 08:28 AM
Cool, they give ya presents when you move there!?? :p
OK, it's early, I couldn't resist Marlin! :wave:

Damn, that is embarrassing for me...I just got a 100% in English Comp too:( In my defence ( :rolleyes:), I have been working on my STA-201 final all morning.

What I meant to say is that Zus have a strong presence. Thanks for the backup Sue.

Stephen Biko
11/20/2010, 02:49 PM
What takes you there?Business. It looks like they've got a tax structure that makes it really favorable to start a software development business there - as long as you don't need to recruit local talent. And the weather is just about perfect, I grew up on another island and I'll die a happy man if I never have to see snow or the frigid black ocean of the north atlantic again.

There is a strong Isuzu presents on the islands, cheap 4wd are popular there for some reason.

Good to know. I was hoping that proximity to asia would mean more local experience with isuzu vehicles.

Marlin
11/20/2010, 03:25 PM
Business. It looks like they've got a tax structure that makes it really favorable to start a software development business there - as long as you don't need to recruit local talent. And the weather is just about perfect, I grew up on another island and I'll die a happy man if I never have to see snow or the frigid black ocean of the north atlantic again.

Good to know. I was hoping that proximity to asia would mean more local experience with isuzu vehicles.

I am sure their tax structure is great, but it is the most corrupt place I have ever lived, especially if you have any money...be careful out there.

Stephen Biko
11/20/2010, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I've heard it referred to as a banana republic just without the guns. Since it is part of the US and US banks have branches there I hope to avoid most of that risk. And its far from a done deal at this point.

Marlin
11/20/2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I've heard it referred to as a banana republic just without the guns. Since it is part of the US and US banks have branches there I hope to avoid most of that risk. And its far from a done deal at this point.

Its not the banks I was referring to, its the locals. They will steal everything not bolted down if you are a non-local. They will take you for everything you have if they can. That was in Guam, I imagine Saipan is even worse. I would still go tomorrow if the Navy sent me though. I had the protection of a local patriarch and the fishing community. I had a sweet boat, and had a ton of fun.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/marlin_.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_00045.JPG