PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 Kinect

Marlin
11/21/2010, 09:03 AM
It may be the greatest invention ever. It makes the Wii look like an atari. It is dead on accurate and the games are fun as hell, even my boys have gotten the hang of it. Joyride is not for adults, too boring. The Your Shape workout game is no joke at all. It makes your entire body sore. I can't believe PS3 wasted time and money releasing something with controllers, knowing that Xbox was coming out with something as state of the art as the Kinect. It sometimes reminds me of being scanned at the airport, you can see your underwear through your clothes, and it can estimate your BMI by using heat signature, differentiating between fat and muscle.
The Dance Central game was not made for white men. My wife dominates in that game. It is also deadly accurate, if your foot or shoulders or head are wrong, you lose points:( The other dance game is garbage. I can't wait for the shooter that comes out in the spring. Should be interesting.

IRONVIKING
11/21/2010, 09:29 AM
I Love my 360. I think the Kinect is gonna be great for parties!!!
Weve had so much fun with Rock band and stuff I cant wait to see a bunch of people dancing half drunk in the basement in front of the TV.

JHarris1385
11/21/2010, 02:23 PM
Good review. I still only have a PS3 and am loyal to it. I have not played Move or Kinect.
But now Halo and Kinect make me want a 360.

I heard that at start it up it takes a while to scan your body? Is that true?

Marlin
11/21/2010, 03:18 PM
Good review. I still only have a PS3 and am loyal to it. I have not played Move or Kinect.
But now Halo and Kinect make me want a 360.

I heard that at start it up it takes a while to scan your body? Is that true?

I went through 2 PS3s befire I gave up. That and the inability to charge the remote while playing, or swap a battery pack was the final straw. It uses a crappy outdated, nonuser friendly OS, the PSP uses the same OS. That is like my laptop running the same version of OS as my cell phone. Ridiculous.

ABout the Kinect, it only scans you when you sign it in as your profile. It doesn't take long at all. Once you are scanned, it recognizes you from there on out.