PDA

View Full Version : 911 Need Help & Suggestions

Buffy
11/22/2010, 03:59 PM
OK guys, I am trying to fire off my engine and it is back firing through the intake. I am beginning to think the builder set timing 180 degrees out. I was trying save time and let the builder assemble the engine. It is looking like this may be biting me in the butt. :madb:

Can anyine thing of something that would cause this besides the timing being set wrong?

circmand
11/22/2010, 08:20 PM
the firing line wrong ie wrong order on the spark plug hook up

IndianaVX
11/22/2010, 08:22 PM
Clogged cats?

Buffy
11/22/2010, 08:55 PM
The passenger side was defintely out of time. I re-timed it and now it cranks... sometimes and when it does crank it runs like crap.

Bob Barker
11/23/2010, 03:30 AM
Maybe all that's left is the drivers side?

vt_maverick
11/23/2010, 09:28 AM
Sounds like you need to have your builder out to fix his screw up. I hope you had it built locally?

IndianaVX
11/23/2010, 08:03 PM
What was the reason you had the rebuild? When I had an issue
with my truck, (a cam issue), somehow a bunch of fuel was dumped
Down into the cat converters. Then the repAirs were made, which took months. When I got the truck back after the repairs, I drove for a mile or so, and the cats plugged up completely. Backfiring and no power.
If you want the whole story search "tick tick oh no"
It was a mess.
Hope you figure it out!

Buffy
11/24/2010, 08:14 AM
The motor was rebuilt because it had spun the number 1 rod bearing. Before it would crank no problem and rev no problem, besides the obvious knock. The cams were all measured and were within spec. The passenger side head was out of time for sure. There are a few more simple things I am going to try before I have a heart to heart with the builder.