PDA

View Full Version : White Dash Gauges

Lizardmen3477
12/04/2010, 09:52 AM
I found a pretty cool site that if enoughf of us "Request" that we want these made for our Suvs this may be a simple wayto finally change out or Dash clusters without extended work. Fill out the Request form on the site http://whitegauges.net/

etlsport
12/04/2010, 12:40 PM
a while back there was a local shop near me that said they could do a run of 10 custom gauges for about 40 a piece.. but didnt really get enough interest, and they had a minimum order

RallyDude
12/04/2010, 06:41 PM
They are clearing out Rodeo and Trooper guages for 20 bucks if anyone's interested.

Lizardmen3477
12/04/2010, 09:07 PM
Who is they? and They dont cover they dont cover the Tod with the trooper model I also thought that they took some more moding not just popins.

Etls: Is the shop still around maybe we could find 10 people now?

Ldub
03/26/2011, 08:38 PM
http://whitegauges.net/products/1994%252d1997-Isuzu-Rodeo-Trooper-White-Face-Gauges.html

$20 bucks & free shipping...:thumbup:

Seems like a good enough price to have the tach & speedo white.

Yet ANOTHER project I won't get done B-4 Moab...:rolleyesg

Ldub
04/12/2011, 07:36 AM
http://whitegauges.net/products/1994%252d1997-Isuzu-Rodeo-Trooper-White-Face-Gauges.html

$20 bucks & free shipping...:thumbup:

Seems like a good enough price to have the tach & speedo white.

Yet ANOTHER project I won't get done B-4 Moab...:rolleyesg

OK...I lied, but it was unintentional...:smilewink

I came up with a bit of ambition yesterday & installed the gauge faces, after drying overnight, I reassembled the cluster & am gonna install it later after the outside temps come up a bit.
As the font isn't the same as the original gauge face, I know the night time display will look a little "off", but I'm hoping it won't be enough to be a deal killer because I like this font much better than the stock cursive look.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC005911.JPG

And yes, I already know there's some schmutz on the lens...:mbrasd:

vt_maverick
04/18/2011, 05:36 AM
Looks sharp Dub! :thumbup:

VXjunky
04/18/2011, 08:33 AM
now that i like....how satisfying you got a little skull too...........love those arrows pointing to the fuel side, it only took auto manufacturers how many decades to come up with that no-brainer?

Ldub
04/18/2011, 01:40 PM
:thanx:...I kinda added the skull as an afterthought.

I like the looks of the white faces well enough to ignore the odd appearance they present during night time driving.
Because of the difference in font, the light shines through the numbers at odd angles etc.
Certainly not the fault of the vendor, I knew going in that they weren't made for the VX dash.

MSHardeman
04/18/2011, 05:22 PM
I have an extra gauge cluster that I have torn into a couple of time to see how things work (so I wouldn't damage my gauge cluster) and I have been thinking about creating some custom gauge faces with whatever you want on them (the numbers could be skulls, or they could have flames over the entire face, whatever). I need to get back into the gauge cluster to see if it's possible or if I'm just smokin' some good stuff.

Can't wait to see the whities in Moab Dub.:thumbup:

housertl
07/18/2011, 01:13 PM
Hey Ldub, I stalked your gallery, but couldn't find night time pics of your gauges. Would you mind putting one up? I am really interested in these gauge faces, since I can't seem to read the dials well during the day with sunglasses on unless the lights are on. I appreciate it, Bro!

circmand
07/18/2011, 01:22 PM
by themselves, I am not sure how they would match a vehicle with no other white. Maybe on a Ironman

Ldub
07/21/2011, 01:46 PM
Hey Ldub, I stalked your gallery, but couldn't find night time pics of your gauges. Would you mind putting one up? I am really interested in these gauge faces, since I can't seem to read the dials well during the day with sunglasses on unless the lights are on. I appreciate it, Bro!

It's gonna be a few days (more like 5-6) before I can get pics up of the night time look.