PDA

View Full Version : is my vx security alarm faulty

djvx
12/08/2010, 06:32 PM
I always thought when I twirped my locks shut with my key fob and then tried to open the door, my alarm would go on in like 10 seconds, honking up a storm. Now it isn't doing that at all. The red dash light flashes properly. Anyone have this issue?:_confused

uh....did you try the horn by itself?? no but I will now....ok just checked the horn, that works.

etlsport
12/08/2010, 07:13 PM
the manual for the alarm is available in the downloads section. There are a few different alarm modes, you could have triggered one by accident. check it out and try "resetting" to a different mode.

Are your lights flashing when you open the door? Ie did the wire from the alarm to the horn just get interrupted?

deermagnet
12/08/2010, 07:21 PM
and then tried to open the door
Do you mean just lifting the door handle with the door locked and alarmed? That will never trigger anything.

With the door locked and alarmed, if you unlock the door with a key and then open the door, the alarm should go off instantly. Then you turn the ignition to on, acc, on to stop the alarm.

Mark

djvx
12/08/2010, 07:33 PM
Do you mean just lifting the door handle with the door locked and alarmed? That will never trigger anything.

With the door locked and alarmed, if you unlock the door with a key and then open the door, the alarm should go off instantly. Then you turn the ignition to on, acc, on to stop the alarm.

Mark

Deermagnet, using the key sets it off....duh, now I remember....sheeesh I'm losin it.:grinb: Thanks:bwgy:

djvx
12/08/2010, 07:35 PM
the manual for the alarm is available in the downloads section. There are a few different alarm modes, you could have triggered one by accident. check it out and try "resetting" to a different mode.

Are your lights flashing when you open the door? Ie did the wire from the alarm to the horn just get interrupted?

etlsport....I'm going to look for my manual and check it out, thanx