PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a secret no more

WormGod
12/14/2010, 07:29 AM
Signature changed (if you've noticed). Last 2 years spent working on our next unannounced title. Made it's debut on the SpikeTV game awards Saturday night. So nice having that 1200lb secret gorilla out in the open.

Todd presenting the teaser trailer announcement (the trailer follows afterward, next link)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PW9_t2BNe0

The teaser trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoXFk-0NrDI

Yes, that's Max Von Sydow narrating.

Vikings (Nords) and dragons.... what more can I say....

vt_maverick
12/14/2010, 08:05 AM
Wow, that really gives you an appreciation for how long it takes a video game to go from concept to on the shelf. Congrats on finally getting to this stage!

T/J: Which Grandma's Boy character do you most resemble? Love that movie...

VXorado
12/14/2010, 09:49 AM
Awesome!!!!! I been waiting for the next elder scrolls game, Morrowind & Oblivion were great. Too bad its still a year away from releasing....

don moore
12/15/2010, 12:33 AM
hey Gary what stuff did you do in it ..did you get the VX in the games some how ..lol

WormGod
12/15/2010, 07:11 AM
Many creature animations. I have ownership over quite a few of them, but can't disclose any info on "what they are". But, we did already say "Dragons".... so, yes, dragons. ;)

And no, no VX. Dragon would never fit in it. :p

Hiredgoon
12/16/2010, 12:49 AM
That's sweet! I still remember stumbling across Daggerfall and losing weeks of my life to it back in like 97 on the old Pentium. IIRC I had JUST enough machine to run it.

Bought every one since.

WormGod
02/24/2011, 07:40 AM
We just finished and released the official trailer. Very glad to see my little dragon making his public debut. :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/game-engine-elder-scrolls/710872?type=flv

JHarris1385
02/24/2011, 09:11 AM
Looks wicked!

Anita
02/24/2011, 09:54 AM
Congrats Gary! :yesb:

tomdietrying
02/24/2011, 06:20 PM
Top of the line! Great job.
Tom

vt_maverick
02/24/2011, 06:27 PM
Either that video is too huge, our internet connection is too slow, or my wife's Mac sucks, because I was seeing about 1 frame per second - like watching a PowerPoint slide show of the game. :mad: Regardless, looks pretty cool.

:thumbup:

Scott Larson
02/24/2011, 08:52 PM
Too cool, awesome job indeed!! Is that the voice of Max Von Sydow??

Scott Larson
02/24/2011, 09:00 PM
Answered my own question when I read the first post, why yes, it IS!!

Anita
02/24/2011, 09:41 PM
I can only claim to have rubbed elbows with gaming when I sang on the soundgtrack of Heroes of Might and Magic V. How amazing is this industry! Kudos to you... beautiful artwork and direction.

WormGod
02/28/2011, 08:51 AM
No doubt Anita. Our industry has dwarfed Hollywood in a short amount of time. Granted, games aren't exactly cheap, so that helps, heh.

Pretty amazing that we can get Hollywood talents as easy as blockbuster films though. I mean, just recently, having worked with Ron Perlman, Max Von Sydow, Liam Neeson, Sean Bean, Patrick Stewart, Terence Stamp, Odette Yustman, Malcolm McDowell, Matthew Perry, Wayne Newton, Kris, Kristofferson, Zachary Levi, William Sadler, Rene Auberjonois, Michael Dorn, Danny Trejo, Felicia Day (Mmmmmmmmm....), Michael Hogan, Alex Rocco, etc etc etc. (sorry, got carried away).

I think the best touch so far is the musical track. We had a great group put together to do the singing and it shows. Many typical, everyday looking ladies and gentlemen and one small child (the high pitch goodness), all singing along in a made up Nordic language we wrote. Your ears will deceive you hearing that powerful chorus and then seeing people in Hawaiian shirts and collared jackets, heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j61JBpG0Ny4 (this is NOT the full length, as it is advertised)

gergmon
02/28/2011, 09:34 AM
This is the first title in a long time I have been anticipating! Can't wait to speak in some crazy dragon tongue! Skyrim is going to be epic!!

WormGod
06/08/2011, 07:09 AM
Some new goodness from E3 2011....

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53441/The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-E3-Gameplay-Demo/

LOT'S of tasty stuff on my baby dragons!

Enjoy. :)

nfpgasmask
06/08/2011, 08:41 AM
Gary, I know you might not know the answer, and it isn't your company and whatnot, but being in the industry, have you heard ANYTHING about Half-Life 3?

Just wondering.

:) Bart

Hiredgoon
06/08/2011, 08:54 AM
I was just watching the E3 stuff last night. Really nice work Gary, the game looks beautiful.

WormGod
06/08/2011, 11:59 AM
It's "rumored" for the end of this year Bart. I know guys all over the industry but nobody from Valve. Not many people do. They are a secretive bunch that apparently doesn't get out and are not very social.

Gussie2000
06/08/2011, 12:41 PM
Either that video is too huge, our internet connection is too slow, or my wife's Mac sucks, because I was seeing about 1 frame per second - like watching a PowerPoint slide show of the game. :mad: Regardless, looks pretty cool.

X2

Either way ..!

Good job !

LittleBeast
06/08/2011, 07:14 PM
Looks great :-)

Grif
06/08/2011, 08:07 PM
Looks amazing. But I'm more of a PC gamer if anything. Looks stunning for an XBOX.

Don't suppose you could PM me Morgan Webbs number? Hehe...

don moore
06/09/2011, 12:57 AM
good job on your LITTLE dragon Gary.......Two thumbs up.

WormGod
06/09/2011, 06:50 AM
Looks amazing. But I'm more of a PC gamer if anything. Looks stunning for an XBOX.

Don't suppose you could PM me Morgan Webbs number? Hehe...

It's cross platform. PC included. I tend to play my RPGs on PC and keep the action and racing titles to console.

Yes, her number is 13. It's what she told me anyways. :p

VXR
06/10/2011, 01:17 PM
Looks very cool and I was impressed with IV:yesb:

nfpgasmask
06/10/2011, 01:20 PM
It's "rumored" for the end of this year Bart. I know guys all over the industry but nobody from Valve. Not many people do. They are a secretive bunch that apparently doesn't get out and are not very social.

Interesting! I just figured with Portal 2 out now, HL3 is right around the corner. :thumbup:

Sorry, I'm just a die-hard FPS fan...

Bart

Cobrajet
06/10/2011, 04:13 PM
Interesting! I just figured with Portal 2 out now, HL3 is right around the corner. :thumbup:

Sorry, I'm just a die-hard FPS fan...

Bart
I bought my current PC with HL2 in mind...and then it wouldn't play! I had to replace the generic power supply and video card with trusted brand named version before I could play without lockups. iBuyPower?? CRAP, unless you specify every single component. I'm about to finish Portal 2, so I could go for a new HL. (I don't do online gaming.)

WormGod
11/15/2011, 06:58 AM
Aaaaaaaand, she has shipped! Out to sea! Been a long development cycle. Shipped last Friday (11/11) and has been getting pretty solid reviews. Hanging in there with a pretty firm 96% rating. Hope to see it stay or climb. ;)

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/critic-reviews

http://geek.pikimal.com/files/2011/02/Skyrim-header.jpg

Game on my friends!

RabidPony
11/15/2011, 09:13 AM
I've been mutilating your pretty little dragons for a couple days now. Really enjoying it. This is the fist Elder Scrolls game I've really played but I am a Fallout junkie so this fits the bill for me. Any chance you are going to be at CTN this weekend in LA? Gf is making me go with her.

Breezy
11/15/2011, 05:19 PM
My roommate just bought this game today. He's blown away by the attention to detail and just how much stuff there is he says. I'm blown away by the ridiculous background bass levels coming out of his sound system in our apartment lol.

WormGod
11/16/2011, 07:10 AM
Nope, sadly, I am stuck going to the Redskins/Dallas game here in MD this weekend. Pretty bad when I am actually a Ravens fan. :p

Glad folks are digging the game though. I used to be able to do group discount purchases and give-aways for folks here, but strangely, the better sales are, the less of a chance I have of doing that. Go figure.

RabidPony
11/16/2011, 07:45 AM
What about sending you my art book and getting your John Hancock in it? :bwgy:

Dumke
11/16/2011, 09:07 AM
Gary all I can say is OH MAI.. I have never played Oblivion or Mrrowind but man this game is awesome. There is soo much detail I find myself alot of times not really playing just lookingaround. My friend asked me what I thought of game as he had not gotten it yet. I told him I had to lay down. He was like was it that boring?? I said no I had to streach my legs lol. Time flies when playing Skyrim.

I would like to say bravo to you and your team. This is a fantastic game, however I do have one question/request. Co-op? Not sure how hard the coding would be as it is just another character (understandably your dealing with another random which is person on the other end of the controller) but it would be awesome to slay some dragons together.

EDIT: Just read Sold 3.5 million in 48 hours. BIG CONGRATS those are some crazy numbers.

WormGod
11/17/2011, 08:03 AM
Just read Sold 3.5 million in 48 hours. BIG CONGRATS those are some crazy numbers.

ZENIMAX MEDIA ANNOUNCES
SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH OF THE ELDER SCROLLS® V: SKYRIM™

With More Than 50 Perfect Review Scores,
Seven Million Copies Hit Retail Shelves Worldwide

November 16, 2011 (Rockville, MD) –ZeniMax® Media Inc. today announced that Bethesda Softworks’® award-winning title, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, has enjoyed an enthusiastic reception by gamers across the globe. After shipping seven million units of Skyrim for the Xbox 360® video game entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and PC, Skyrim’s launch units are expected to generate more than $450 million in global retail sales.

With tens of thousands of fans lining up at retail outlets at midnight on 11/11/11 to purchase the game, Skyrim continued to record strong sales following its release. More than 50% of launch units were sold in the first 48 hours and Bethesda Softworks has been receiving large reorders from major retailers in North America, and across Europe and Australia. Online activity has been notable, with Steam reporting that in the first 24 hours of its release, Skyrim set a record with over 280,000 concurrent players, far outdistancing all other titles.

“We are grateful for the fans’ response to Skyrim,” said Robert Altman, Chairman and CEO of ZeniMax Media. “Todd Howard and his team at Bethesda Game Studios have crafted a very special game. Anticipation for Skyrim has surpassed any game in our company’s history, and we are pleased that sales and reviews have reflected the quality and hours of amazing gameplay it provides.”

The eagerly-awaited title has garnered more than 50 perfect review scores, earning praise from some of the industry’s most influential and respected critics including: USA Today, G4TV, GameSpy, Wired, Eurogamer, Destructoid, GamePro, Official Xbox Magazine, Joystiq, The Guardian, and GamesRadar. G4TV describes Skyrim as “one of the greatest games ever made” and Eurogamer was one of many outlets to call it a “masterpiece.”

“Without a doubt, this has been our most ambitious project ever,” said Todd Howard, Game Director on Skyrim. “After over three years of development, we’re finally excited to get it into everyone’s hands.”

Developed by Bethesda Game Studios®, the makers of the 2006 Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion®, and 2008 Game of the Year, Fallout® 3, Skyrim reimagines and revolutionizes the open-world fantasy epic, bringing to life a complete virtual world for you to explore any way you choose.

Determining exactly how many of those 7million copies are actually "sell through" is yet to be determined. It is estimated 3.5 in the first 48hr, so I am just waiting to hear back the actual numbers by next Mon. But still, even at 3.5million copies, $450 million is nothing to bat an eye at. :o

Glad you're liking it. I am able to finally play at home in my free time, without any work involved with it. Totally enjoying it even though I stared at it for the last 2 years. Playing on PC with the HDMI out to my 73" tv using wired 360 pad. Very pretty!

Exclamation
11/17/2011, 10:45 AM
Have any extra free copies laying around worm? :naughty::naughty::bgwb::bgwb::bgwb:

RickOKC
11/17/2011, 04:09 PM
Hah, reviving this thread on Tuesday was good timing! I was at Best Buy during lunch looking for a new game. I was thinking about getting Crysis 2 but decided to read the reviews first. I dropped by here, saw your message, watched the preview videos (again) and made my choice. :) It's not a genre I'd normally consider since it doesn't have any cars or space ships, but I was swayed by the amazing graphics.

I've been having a LOT of fun over the last couple days. Great work! My only complaint is that you almost made me late to work on Wednesday. I finally realized I felt a little sleepy and only then noticed I'd been playing for a few hours and it was 1am! I played for a long time last night, too, and still feel like I've barely scratched the surface of things to do and places to visit.

Mile High VX
11/17/2011, 06:12 PM
What about sending you my art book and getting your John Hancock in it? :bwgy:

x2...how about?

FlyingV77
11/17/2011, 08:57 PM
Been playing non stop! The dragon figure in the colectors edition is even better than I thought it would be. I was having issues with the game.... I was getting one hit killed by skevers at lvlv 25! Then I noticed the difaculty was set at master! Still pluging along at that setting, man its HARD! Great work!
X2 on the co-op

WormGod
11/18/2011, 07:05 AM
Signing stuff has never been my thing. No offense. I don't even sign stuff that co-workers pass around. Still, I managed to have to sign my Hancock about 1000 times in the last 6 months for items for press, charity, and other "I still don't to sign stuff" needs. I don't even wanna sign checks to bill collectors.... :p

Co-op? Ya, would be cool. That's about all I can say about that. :p Seriously though, co-op is tough to get to adhere to a storyline in single player games. Like Skyrim, handling a story that could support 2 players would also change a ton of story, dialogue, and balanceif there were "2" Dragonborn. Maybe one day, but that sort of game has to be designed from the start.

I had some complimentary Steam codes for the PC version, but handed them to fellow developers and friends. I will have to see if I have any left over. Unsure to be honest.

FlyingV77
11/18/2011, 08:41 PM
Not going to spoil anything. But there is a line of diologe saying there might be more dragon borne out there. That's your in for co-op! And who cares about balance? This isn't pen and paper d&d. Its all about haveing fun

arcobarco
11/19/2011, 09:30 AM
In your opinion what system is the best to experience the game? PC or game console? I have not commited to a game system in some time so I can go any direction I want. Jut wondering since I may be buying something for gaming here soon.

VXR
11/19/2011, 04:00 PM
In your opinion what system is the best to experience the game? PC or game console? I have not commited to a game system in some time so I can go any direction I want. Jut wondering since I may be buying something for gaming here soon.

This may help...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13618&highlight=xbox

VXorado
11/19/2011, 05:09 PM
I'm lovin Skyrim!!!! I've been hooked on the series since I stubbled across morrowind years ago...

WormGod
11/28/2011, 07:22 AM
Been on a much needed vacation (driving REALLY fast with a helmet! :) ).

And getting a tad bit of Skyrim in. A tad bit, as in, about 40hrs worth over a week. Me personally, I prefer PC. If I play on my PC completely, I play in Ultra settings at 2560x1600 res on my 30" monitor. Beautiful! But, I have found myself mostly using my HDMI out to my 73" DLP at 1080p, which is not as pretty, but mo'bigger! PC w/ a wired 360 controller is quite pleasing.

I tried it on the 360 and PS3, but it just isn't as pretty IMHO since textures were compressed more due to memory constraints. Again, just my opinion.

RabidPony
11/28/2011, 01:30 PM
Yeah, Sony and Microsoft need to get their **** together and release new consoles. The hardware just isn't there anymore. You don't see anyone using an 8 year old computer to play new video games.

RickOKC
11/28/2011, 03:35 PM
Me personally, I prefer PC. If I play on my PC completely, I play in Ultra settings at 2560x1600 res on my 30" monitor. Beautiful! But, I have found myself mostly using my HDMI out to my 73" DLP at 1080p, which is not as pretty, but mo'bigger! PC w/ a wired 360 controller is quite pleasing.

I tried it on the 360 and PS3, but it just isn't as pretty IMHO since textures were compressed more due to memory constraints. Again, just my opinion.Yeah, my preference would have been PC - it's so much easier for me to aim using a mouse. But... I would have had to build a whole new PC since mine is about 50 in PC (and dog) years.

Since you were on the team, do you get to see anything "new" while you're playing?

WormGod
11/29/2011, 07:05 AM
I always see new stuff. I had to do a short stint of testing here when production was done, just doing some bug squashing and fixing, but there is a world of data in there that I have never seen. The stuff I have never seen staggers me since there is so much to do and see. Ya, I may work on it for 2+ years, but it's always a pretty fresh experience when I actually get a chance to 1-on-1 with it on my own time.

Really looking forward to the PC modders to go to town on it. I am sure they are dying for the editor release.

VXR
11/29/2011, 03:12 PM
Really looking forward to the PC modders to go to town on it. I am sure they are dying for the editor release.

I am sure you have seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyHiIeBsc9E

WormGod
11/30/2011, 07:06 AM
But have you seen this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIxlF86usAE&feature=youtu.be

:smilewink

VXR
12/03/2011, 04:04 AM
But have you seen this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIxlF86usAE&feature=youtu.be

:smilewink

how did they do all that so fast:laughb:

Dumke
12/12/2011, 04:00 AM
Gary congrats on your GOTY VGA award. :_beer:

Oh and still enjoying the game. I need to start playing the story line at some point. :D

WormGod
12/12/2011, 07:09 AM
Gary congrats on your GOTY VGA award. :_beer:

Oh and still enjoying the game. I need to start playing the story line at some point. :D

Thanks. Only just found out myself. Game of the Year, Best RPG, and Studio of the Year apparently. I'll take that. :)

I am still playing too. :p

VXR
12/13/2011, 04:01 AM
Gary congrats on your GOTY award

X2:thumbup:

RickOKC
12/13/2011, 06:30 PM
Yeah, congrats on Game of the Year - WELL deserved! Such beautiful scenery, awesome dragons!, unique locations, surprises, frights, subtle references to well-known stories and all peppered with a terrific sense of humor.

Some may say I'm cheating myself by peeking at the guides to get hints at tips, but there is just SO MUCH to do and see that my impatience gets the better of me. I still think I've barely scratched the surface and have huge, blank areas on the map that I still haven't visited.

Ha... I saw a screen shot of something the PC modders put together - someone changed to big, beautiful moon into the Death Star. :)

WormGod
12/14/2011, 07:25 AM
Death Star? Ha, nice.

Ya, its quite expansive. I have 122hrs on a character at home on PC and it hasn't completed a single quest line. But, it was hella-fun getting it to lvl 57 with 8 skills at 100. ;) Oh, and how does an armor class of 1890 sound? Dragons bounce off of me. LONG LIVE SMITHING AND ENCHANTING!

VXR
12/16/2011, 04:09 AM
someone changed to big, beautiful moon into the Death Star. :)

The Death Star plans were not in the main computer:confused:

RickOKC
12/16/2011, 08:41 AM
I have 122hrs on a character at home on PC and it hasn't completed a single quest line. But, it was hella-fun getting it to lvl 57 with 8 skills at 100. ;) Oh, and how does an armor class of 1890 sound? Dragons bounce off of me. LONG LIVE SMITHING AND ENCHANTING!Class 1890 sounds amazing! Ha ha... last night I looked and my armor is around 120. :rolleyes: So far I've only enchanted one item just to see how it was done, then went back to exploring. I'm all over the place doing main quests and side quests - whatever sounds interesting at the time. I've horded a ton of items for future enchanting & alchemy so I just need to stop for a while some night and do it. But I'm so curious about what might be around the next corner that I can't stop!

Tell whoever made the dogs they did a great job too. Every time one is near my real dog goes nuts and wants to jump in a play with it. :laughing:

Dumke
12/16/2011, 09:48 AM
Milestone after MILESTONE..

Congrats 10 million shipped. Thats some mega bucks. They all need to give you another vacation.. Course after the DLC thats gets released (sorry but their are priorities and I am a bit greedy..j/k).

Again this is the first Oblivion I have played and I am amazed all around. I cant wait to see what Bethesda has in store for us in the future and for the next gen console. Cant say it enough but A round of appause to you and your team sir I hope that number of copies goes up and up and breaks records upon records for you.

djvx
12/24/2011, 07:15 AM
Great to know a designer of this game. Congrats to you Worm God. Cool project to be a part of. Graphics are amazing (xbox 360). Since you are above autographing but not above self promotion :bwgy:I feel I can share some observations with you.
Graphics being top notch is all fine, but game play is lacking a bit. During exploration runs I find that nothing that I kill has anything worth while. For example after taking down a dozen vampires you gain nothing but crap off their bodies, no powers. All the same swords, armor, etc. Grab their gold and move on I guess. This is true for almost everything I kill (besides Dragons). It's almost useless venturing off on a side quest because the rewards are next to nothing. Your not going to find something really cool by sneaking off to look in a treasure chest.
There is also alot of dead ends off the beaten paths, you can not freely roam around everywhere, also if I'm on horseback I have to hop off in order to fight, there is no reason I shouldn't be able to shoot my bow or throw sparks from a horse. With all that said, Skyrim will and should get awards for it's graphics and many ingame advancements.

WormGod
01/03/2012, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys, my much needed vacation has ended however. :(

djvx, all points noted. Sadly, that can be the case when making sandbox titles. The problem is, everyone plays it different so without making it linear, it's sometimes hard to make every turned corner exciting. But oh, if we could.... :bwgy:

VXR
01/06/2012, 04:51 PM
I think the best touch so far is the musical track

X2 on the music:yesb:

been playing for the last few days (360).

GREAT GAME!

PHO2GR4
01/16/2012, 09:31 AM
Just bought Skyrim. Can't wait to dive into it! XBox 360...55" LED TV...surround sound...

BRING ON THE DRAGONS!

:nuke:

djvx
01/18/2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys, my much needed vacation has ended however. :(

djvx, all points noted. Sadly, that can be the case when making sandbox titles. The problem is, everyone plays it different so without making it linear, it's sometimes hard to make every turned corner exciting. But oh, if we could.... :bwgy:

I got the gigantic 600 plus page guide coming from Amazon. Will I find your name in it?

djvx
01/18/2012, 10:25 PM
Just bought Skyrim. Can't wait to dive into it! XBox 360...55" LED TV...surround sound...

BRING ON THE DRAGONS!

:nuke:

Well.....how do you like it? Pretty addictive...:drool2:

WormGod
01/19/2012, 07:24 AM
I got the gigantic 600 plus page guide coming from Amazon. Will I find your name in it?

Dunno. Doubt it? I didn't write anything in the book.

I make games man! Not books! Sheeesh.... :p ;)

Dumke
01/19/2012, 07:49 AM

I didnt see it. And if I am not mistaken a single guy wrote the book. I think that is what I heard on G4.

RabidPony
01/19/2012, 12:46 PM
His name is, however, in the art book that came with the Limited Edition game. :bgwb:

RickOKC
01/19/2012, 05:06 PM
And his name is in the in-game credits at about 1 min 15 sec. I think it said "Gary Noonan (you know, that guy with the funny lookin' SUV)"

Well, maybe I made up that last part. :)

WormGod
01/20/2012, 07:09 AM
And his name is in the in-game credits at about 1 min 15 sec. I think it said "Gary Noonan (you know, that guy with the funny lookin' SUV)"

Well, maybe I made up that last part. :)

Hey! There is much love for the VX here at the office.... even if I never drive it to work, heh.

In the meantime, enjoy this dragon mod....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCP9Jn2Q0cQ

RabidPony
01/20/2012, 11:06 AM
That's just disturbing. Personally, I like the mod that turns mudcrabs into Zoidberg.

RickOKC
01/20/2012, 06:07 PM
That's just disturbing. Personally, I like the mod that turns mudcrabs into Zoidberg. LINK TO THE ZOIDBERG VIDEO ON YOUTUBE! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAf8-3HjN6Q) (which ends with Frostbite Spiders converted to Spidermans (Spidermen? Spidermanses?) via mod, too.)

Worm, Rabid... I kind of hate both of you just a little bit right now. :laughing: You're really making me want to get the PC version (which would require the expense of building myself a new gaming PC.) Better graphics, goofy / cool mods....
:_mecker::_mecker::_mecker::_mecker::_mecker:

:rotate: :laughing: :rotate:

WormGod
01/23/2012, 07:10 AM
LINK TO THE ZOIDBERG VIDEO ON YOUTUBE! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAf8-3HjN6Q) (which ends with Frostbite Spiders converted to Spidermans (Spidermen? Spidermanses?) via mod, too.)

Worm, Rabid... I kind of hate both of you just a little bit right now. :laughing: You're really making me want to get the PC version (which would require the expense of building myself a new gaming PC.) Better graphics, goofy / cool mods....
:_mecker::_mecker::_mecker::_mecker::_mecker:

:rotate: :laughing: :rotate:

And the editor isn't even out yet. Wait till that happens....

djvx
01/23/2012, 05:34 PM
Hello! Hello ! can anybody hear me? it's me DJVX, I'm stuck under this GIGANTIC OFFICIAL GAME GUIDE

Hey Worm:angel: God, I am really finding the good stuff now!:drool2: I was at way too low of a level at first, now I'm finding the better alchemy ingredients, the enchanted weapons, and figuring things out alot more.:thumbup: The book helps too. Goin' to bed at 4:25am has to stop though!:snooz:

PHO2GR4
01/23/2012, 05:39 PM
I didnt see it. And if I am not mistaken a single guy wrote the book. I think that is what I heard on G4.

Yeah, it makes sense that a guy who wrote a 600 page game strategy guide would be single.

AM I RIGHT????

(Sorry...)

djvx
01/23/2012, 05:51 PM
Per the Official Acknowledgements in the book there are 2 main writers, David S.J. Hodgeson & Steve Stratton, plus 19 additional writers, as well as a plethora of assistants editors etc.
:group:

RickOKC
02/07/2012, 05:04 PM
Woo hoo! The "crappy" laptop that I bought on sale a couple years ago for the purpose of just internet/email/MS Office turns out to be stout enough to run Skyrim. Not the best frame rates by any means, but it does the job as well as the PS3 and the graphics look better. Funny, all this time I had been ignoring the "ASUS Republic of Gamers" logo that popped up during each boot. :rolleyes:

I've been getting a kick out of the Skyrim Mom twitter account (http://twitter.com/SkyrimMom) that chronicles the comments from a community manager's 65-year-old mom as she plays the game. :)

WormGod
02/08/2012, 06:44 AM
And for those on PC, the Construction Kit was released yesterday so be prepared for TONS of user mods.

We released a hi-res texture pack yesterday on Steam for free download. They make vanilla Skyrim look AMAZING, if you have the video ram and the time allotted for the 3gig download.

djvx
08/28/2012, 07:43 PM
And for those on PC, the Construction Kit was released yesterday so be prepared for TONS of user mods.

We released a hi-res texture pack yesterday on Steam for free download. They make vanilla Skyrim look AMAZING, if you have the video ram and the time allotted for the 3gig download.

No mods on XBOX 360 though...No nude barkeeps--lol

WormGod
08/29/2012, 06:50 AM
No mods on XBOX 360 though...No nude barkeeps--lol

Nope, maybe one day Steam will put a console in production and life will be much better....

Or you can just buy a good PC. :p

nfpgasmask
08/29/2012, 09:00 AM
You guys and your nerd fantasy games!!! :rotate:

Its all about CS:GO!!

;)

Bart

WormGod
08/30/2012, 06:59 AM

;)

Bart

I expected a comment from the mindless shooter crowd. :p

nfpgasmask
08/30/2012, 08:32 AM
I expected a comment from the mindless shooter crowd. :p

LOL. What can I say, I like to "open the door, sit in the seat, turn the key and go!". I don't need to read, or think when I play video games. Its all about runnin and gunnin, baby!! ;) FIRE IN THE HOLE!

Seriously though, I have heard very good things about Skyrim....from some nerd friends of mine. :p

Bart

HeckaTrebeka
08/30/2012, 08:44 AM

;)

Bart

Are you kidding me? CS:GO is horrible!!! It's all about CS:S!! :)

nfpgasmask
08/30/2012, 08:53 AM
Are you kidding me? CS:GO is horrible!!! It's all about CS:S!! :)

So far, I agree that Source is better in general, at the moment. I think CS:GO is going to need some updates before it smooths out. The game play is good, but the interface is a little wonky still. I have connectivity issues and issues with the menus locking me up. I don't care for the buy menu in the game either. I will probably get used to it eventually though.

I gotta say, the sprites and skins look really good, and the hit registration is right on. But, AR_baggage has got to be one of the worst maps ever!! Just terrible layout and game play.

You'll come around I think. When Source came out, everyone was like, "this sucks, 1.6 is better". That's always how it is.

I think its funny that I have been playing Counter-Strike since it came out, and it is still fun to me like 12 years later...

Bart

HeckaTrebeka
08/30/2012, 09:04 AM
Well, if you ever run into me in source, my username is Evan.C

I usually play on the CA/west coast servers in Office. I'll try out GO a little more though. When I played it, I couldn't connect to any servers so I was just playing with bots... and that's no fun.

nfpgasmask
08/30/2012, 09:08 AM
Agreed, BOTS are SOOOO stupid. Its like, if I want to play against the computer, I would just play Skyrim or something. :rotate:

But, give it time. Give the modders and server admins time to setup things.

I play west too, |NFP|GasMask is my Steam name. I'll try to friend you next time I am on. I usually play on the Chillin & Killin Gun Game server, and I think there is a new GO server by the same guys now.

I prefer GunGame over regular CS. Again, has to do with the patience thing. Can't stand waiting for rounds to end so I can respawn. Gun Game turbo or Deathmatch is what I like. Every once in a while I will get nostalgic though and play regular maps. I just don't have a lot of time for games so when I get time to play, I like to maximize my game play time.

Bart