PDA

View Full Version : What to do with the insert?

Bob Barker
12/22/2010, 09:40 PM
Got a broken or faded insert? Or just tired of the way it's looking lately? (I was)

Get it vinyled! I don't know if anyone has done it before, but to me it was the greatest thing since ever! I love pirates, and I dislike the faded hood insert, so what better way to kill 2 birds with 1 Christmas gift from my wife?

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/jonbradley_photos/vehicrossinterior098-1.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/jonbradley_photos/vehicrossinterior097-1.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/jonbradley_photos/vehicrossinterior093-1.jpg

Some day light photos will probably look better, but it's friggin awesome!

It's Edward Teach's flag, that's Blackbeard, the crazy one who burned hemp ropes in his beard during battle! He's my favorite!

tom4bren
12/23/2010, 11:31 AM
Startin to worry 'bout you m'boy.

circmand
12/23/2010, 11:53 AM
when the vinyl starts fading or gets hit by debris and tears? I would like a permanent solution preferably with a little more class

Bazinga

Bob Barker
12/23/2010, 12:23 PM
You're suggesting that I'm not classy? you may be on to something here!

It's supposed to have a 3 year warranty, that obviously won't cover getting hit with debris but shrinking or just fading and ripping on it's own it will be replaced.

You could go with any sorta design, probably could get a flat black sticker with nothing on it to cover the piece and it would look much better. I like pirates, and the image vs. no image cost the same, so I got me a pirate flag to fly every where I go!

I'll get another one soon enough, since I get bored with things quickly. Probably will go with a basic skull and crossbones design next time.

Marlin
12/23/2010, 01:56 PM
You're suggesting that I'm not classy? you may be on to something here!

It's supposed to have a 3 year warranty, that obviously won't cover getting hit with debris but shrinking or just fading and ripping on it's own it will be replaced.

You could go with any sorta design, probably could get a flat black sticker with nothing on it to cover the piece and it would look much better. I like pirates, and the image vs. no image cost the same, so I got me a pirate flag to fly every where I go!

I'll get another one soon enough, since I get bored with things quickly. Probably will go with a basic skull and crossbones design next time.

There is a shop near me that does entire vehicle wraps. Would be pretty cool if I didn't wheel it in the woods. Would work quite nicely for the Moab area!

Bob Barker
12/23/2010, 01:57 PM
I think it's AWESOME, and that's all that matters. I probably wouldn't ever get the whole truck wrapped, but I like the insert being covered.

Ldub
12/23/2010, 03:49 PM
Some day light photos will probably look better, but it's friggin awesome!

It's Edward Teach's flag, that's Blackbeard, the crazy one who burned hemp ropes in his beard during battle! He's my favorite!

HELL YEAH...best pirate EVER!...:thumbup:

Startin to worry 'bout you m'boy.

Seems normal enough to me...:yesgray:

I think it's AWESOME, and that's all that matters.

Darned toot'n !

RallyDude
12/30/2010, 03:10 PM
I think the best feature about this mod is that you can tear it off -- quickly. So did they run out of the hello kitty wraps? Did you put it on to go to one of those ugly sweater Christmas parties?

Like you said, you like it and that's all that really matters.

circmand
12/30/2010, 03:18 PM
HELL YEAH...best pirate EVER!...:thumbup:]

Roberto Clemente was the best Pirate ever.

Bob Barker
12/30/2010, 03:46 PM
Hello Kitty was on back order.

LoL at circmand