PDA

View Full Version : Trouble again...

Exclamation
12/28/2010, 11:32 PM
Well after having the transmission go out on me 20 miles after purchasing my vcross the mechanic assured me it was just the transmission fluid lines didn't get connected properly and caused all of the fluid to run out. I got the vcross back and im now at 99 miles after purchase and the transmission started to go out again... -.- I do not know whats wrong so ive dropped it off at a different mechanic to have them take a look fingers crossed ill post back here once I get the call from them.

Riff Raff
12/29/2010, 02:26 AM
Forget that!!!:_brickwal I'd take it back to the dealer (via tow truck) and demand a 100% refund, and never look back. "Run, Forest, Run!!!":freek:

Exclamation
12/29/2010, 06:17 AM
Well its already at the shop but I have not informed the dealer that its broken again. They agreed to fix anything that went wrong in the next 3 months because of my first problem. So once I find out whats wrong with it im going to call the dealer back and see what can be done.

etlsport
12/29/2010, 09:47 AM
What is the transmission doing?

Exclamation
12/29/2010, 01:00 PM
Well the transmission will be going fine then just left go and rev all the way upp an I get no power and just sit still. I just got the call back from the shop an they say 3rd and 4th gears are both completely shot which would explain why I'm fine at first then it let's go (apparently when it switches to 3rd) they quoted me 2300$ for a used tranny installed.

Mile High VX
12/29/2010, 01:52 PM
Forget that!!!:_brickwal I'd take it back to the dealer (via tow truck) and demand a 100% refund, and never look back. "Run, Forest, Run!!!":freek:

And Run FAST!

Exclamation
01/02/2011, 08:54 PM
Well I have some good news for once. The dealership I purchased the VX from has agreed to pay for the new tranny!

VX KAT
01/02/2011, 09:12 PM
WoW! Don't hear that kind of good news too often! Great to hear! :thumbup:
Hope things are lookin' up from here on out!

p.s...you may want to print out the "How to fill the VX tranny fluid level properly" and just kinda/sorta/maybe ask if they did it correctly??:_shrug:
'Course I guess it could just tick them off too....

MSHardeman
01/03/2011, 09:07 AM
That is great news!! Congrats.

Like Kat suggested, I would print out the how to for our transmission fill because it is a bit wonky. I've had a lot of success with printing stuff out and bringing it in to my mechanic. I usually go in with the print out explaining that our VX's are rare, weird creatures and that I love my car VERY much and want what's best for it. This, coupled with a humble attitude and a "just tell me to shut the *&%# up if I get in your way" joke usually does the trick.

nfpgasmask
01/03/2011, 09:33 AM
I have NO PROBLEM leaving the VX shop manual in the front seat, as well as ANY and ALL printed materiel that may aid a mechanic in working my VX. I rarely take my VX to mechanics, but for the few times I did, I always leave the manual and any docs in PLAIN site for the mechanics to see when they are working on my VX.

Hell, I would even say, "The VehiCROSS is a rare vehicle and most people have never seen one, and although I'm sure your mechanics know what they are doing, I left some specific information I would like them to review prior to working on my vehicle"

As long as you are polite and respectful, most mechs don't mind this. In fact, I bet having a shop manual on hand for a rare vehicle is helpful if then need it, even just for torque specs that are hard to find.

Bart

tom4bren
01/05/2011, 04:05 AM
I know that the axle shop that worked my CV joints was very appreciative of the boot install instructions we have here. He said it saved him significant time & hence me $$$$.'

The alignment shop that I took it to though wasn't interested in the spec sheet at all.

Exclamation
01/24/2011, 08:13 PM
Got some news from the shop today they have finally gotten word on the transmission and are expecting it to be delivered to them this week. They have apologized for the excessive time it took for them to receive it and say they will begin installing it as soon as they get it. Hopefully I will be getting my vcross back sometime late next week or week after. I miss my vcross cant wait to get it back! Been 34 days since the purchase and only had her for 2 days haha

Exclamation
02/15/2011, 02:56 PM
Well, some new word on my vcross. They installed the new transmission and replaced a cracked head gasket and they took it out of the shop and realized the vcross STILL wasnt working right. They took the transmission out and found out that the transfer case has a problem also, which is effecting the TOD system. So they have purchased a new T-case which is now on the way and once it gets in they will install that and then reinstall the tranny and send it back to me if all goes well. Sooo im looking at more time without my vcross :_brickwal:_brickwal:_brickwal:_brickwal

Even though im annoyed at how long this is taking im sure the dealership is hating this more than me. Theyve had to buy a tranny, fix the head gasket, and now buy a new transfer case all on a 7,300$ car ahhaa

atilla_the_fun
02/15/2011, 03:01 PM
Then they came out even... They buy these cars for nothing.

Exclamation
02/15/2011, 03:12 PM
Probably true

circmand
02/15/2011, 03:44 PM
I know that the axle shop that worked my CV joints was very appreciative of the boot install instructions we have here. He said it saved him significant time & hence me $$$$.'

The alignment shop that I took it to though wasn't interested in the spec sheet at all.

of leaving them helpful info w/o ticking them off (yes sometimes I worry about poing them) is I bring it in and say hey I was going to do this myself and printed out these directions. It looked difficult so I decided to leave it to the experts. Here you go if you want them.

tom4bren
02/17/2011, 09:01 AM
of leaving them helpful info w/o ticking them off (yes sometimes I worry about poing them) is I bring it in and say hey I was going to do this myself and printed out these directions. It looked difficult so I decided to leave it to the experts. Here you go if you want them.

Sneaky Ba5tard.:)

Exclamation
02/17/2011, 09:22 AM
hhahaa yes very sneaky

nocturnalVX
02/17/2011, 10:16 AM
Good luck getting your VX in perfect working condition. I'm glad you are being taken care of rather than being taken for a ride!

rsteinmetz70112
02/17/2011, 10:29 AM
Glad to hear there are reputable dealer out there willing to take responsibility. In this case it would probably have been in their best interest to simply refund the money, but the stood behind the sale.

Exclamation
02/17/2011, 11:07 AM
Yes I am very thankful for what they are doing for me I hope it all works out in the end

circmand
02/17/2011, 02:54 PM
Sneaky Ba5tard.:)

as diplomatic

mantis
02/18/2011, 10:20 PM
Hi, i had a problem with my 99 ironman that was kinda similar to yours. after changing the fluid of tranny and tcase in an express lube i saw leaks all over the pan and mode switch cover, i kept driving it for a couple of days then all of a sudden started kicking while shifting 2nd to 3rd. took it back to express lube, they said they topped it off and change the gasket. it was still leaking from the shift selector shaft(mode switch attached to one end and the other end goes inside the main case to the side of valve body connecting to an arm piston thing), they replace its gasket with the one i bought from local isuzu parts. next day was kinda warm day that i drove it for almost 3 hours in the city, sitting there waiting for green light pressed the gas pedal, nothing , like its in neutral, no froward in any gear. pressed the winter mode and started going forward. ok third gear engages(winter mode), truck moves forward and speeds up, but nothing in normal drive mode. i called the express lube and told them that they are bunch of retarded and stuff like that. i decided not to let any body touch my truck but me. so started doing a lot researches and readings, went through many connections to start, making sure there is no electrical involved. dropped the pan, dropped the valve body(someone had some work done on it or better say he screwed it up) the valve body was over torque tightened, checked the brake band solenoid by a digital multimeter, it was like 0.9 ohm over specified, that was another possibility. made a piston compressor at my work(i work as welder) to compress the servo piston after uncovering it. the piston looked good, the rod wasn't in the right position the wrong end was looking up. anyhow put the servo piston back and adjust it to specified torque(4.5 Nm. not sure at the moment) changed the gaskets with ones i got from local isuzu parts. after searching hours i found a website to buy a single brake band solenoid for 40$ plus shipping. checked the resistance of the new solenoid it sure was lower than the stock one.so i put the new solenoid in there put new gaskets new drain and filler plugs, filled it out with dexron III, followed the fluid change procedure, while moving the lever through all positions i felt the lock up as soon i put it in drive and 3,2,L. and i have done all this in our appartment parking lot(kids playing around people passing by. that sux man). called my girlfriend to get dawn and hop in, and that was it, no problem anymore.

Exclamation
02/18/2011, 11:15 PM
Well I was following you until you got to the brake band part (lets say im not very mechanically inclined, basically I know how to replace light bulbs and put gas in the car and air in the tires thats it.)

mantis
02/19/2011, 06:50 PM
I am not very mechanically inclined either, thanks to this website and the nice members of it, you can just download the workshop manual for isuzu models from 99 to 02 which includes our VX. just search: " workshop manual". i believe you need to have like 150MB storage available in your computer or an external memory storage to download it. there's pretty much all you need to get the job done.
cheers.

Exclamation
03/01/2011, 11:28 AM
Well I have come to find out that the transfer case they were going to buy turned out to have too many miles on it and so they did not go through with buying it and they cannot find a transfer case with low mileage. So if anyone here has a transfer case for sale with less than 80k miles or so on it please send me a PM! I just want my vcross back! :( its been 75 days now!

vt_maverick
03/01/2011, 12:09 PM
Maybe one of these options in Charlotte?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/search/sss?catAbb=sss&query=isuzu+transfer+case&srchType=A&sort=date

VXjunky
03/01/2011, 12:43 PM
75 days?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! caps are in order............. "TORTURE!!!!"

Triathlete
03/01/2011, 01:49 PM
Charge THEM rental fees on it!:bwgy:

VX KAT
03/01/2011, 04:07 PM
Well I have come to find out that the transfer case they were going to buy turned out to have too many miles on it and so they did not go through with buying it and they cannot find a transfer case with low mileage. So if anyone here has a transfer case for sale with less than 80k miles or so on it please send me a PM! I just want my vcross back! :( its been 75 days now!

Looks like there's several possibilities listed in this search result.
~Georgia with 35k,
~Alabama 51k & another 78k,
~MS with 62k
~VA 27k
~NY 24k
~PA 28k

http://www.mypartshop.com/EOL_PublicSearchResults.aspx

VX KAT
03/09/2011, 07:45 PM
The dealers are not responding for these type of problems. This has to be rectified with free of charge by them.

If I understand you correctly......yes, the dealer IS PAYING for all his repair/replacement....his prior posts on this thread explain it.

Exclamation
05/02/2011, 02:17 PM
Update: I got a call from the dealership owner today telling me that the vehicross is now finished and has been driven for 200 miles after being fixed to be sure everything was working properly and he says there have been no more problems come up so it is being shipped out tomorrow morning and I should receive it sometime in the evening.

127 days since they got it they finally are finished with it.... about damn time -.-