PDA

View Full Version : cabin moisture

stevo2deep
01/05/2011, 12:48 PM
Hi all

I'm having an interesting problem with excess humidity in the mornings [I]inside[I] the vx, to the point where I often need a towell to wipe down the inside of my windshield. Now that it's winter I'm actually getting complete frost on the inside of my windshield, with none on the outside:confused: It was so bad this morning that some of the moisture caused my deck to go into protect mode.

Just thought I'd ask on this forum since I've never really experienced this with any other vehicle I've owned. Thanks in advance to anyone who might shed a little light on what might be done to help this:happyface

tom4bren
01/05/2011, 01:44 PM
Check under your floor mats to make sure there isn't a puddle of water under there.

Buffy
01/05/2011, 01:45 PM
Had the same problem Monday morning. Ice built up on the inside like crazy and I was running inside recirculate. Changed it to outside and amazingly no more problems with inside ice! :smilewink

PA-99
11/23/2011, 06:56 PM
I have also seen high moisture in the cab. Going to try the recirc option and report back with my experience.

@Tom, I see you mentioned the puddles of water under the floor mats like you had seen that before. I just bought a VX and the owner mentioned a similar problem. What is the cause/fix for this?

p_justin13
11/25/2011, 03:39 PM
Have had this problem here in Chicago. Just make sure your defrost is set to the direct draw from exterior not to recirculating the air. Blower speed is slightly slower so takes longer to defrost but won't have anymore problems with it. I was getting frost so thick I had to scrape it off when first started driving during last winter. Live and learn. lol

Ldub
11/26/2011, 07:15 AM
I have also seen high moisture in the cab. Going to try the recirc option and report back with my experience.

@Tom, I see you mentioned the puddles of water under the floor mats like you had seen that before. I just bought a VX and the owner mentioned a similar problem. What is the cause/fix for this?

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=1052&highlight=water+leaking+dash