PDA

View Full Version : Since when are we #1 in the worst???

VXIRONwoMAN
01/06/2011, 05:08 PM
I guess we are perceived as the worst in the auto industry and my new Mitsu is #3!!!! WTF!? Gotta make these bad boys outlast the rest and prove them all wrong!

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1652/ford-leads-in-the-factors-that-matter-most-to-car-shoppers/

taylorRichie
01/06/2011, 05:11 PM
Interesting...

Where's nissan?

I guess I'll have to trade in my VX for a Sportage.

vt_maverick
01/06/2011, 05:25 PM
I have to think it's that low because Isuzu doesn't produce passenger cars in the US anymore. Probably shouldn't have even been an option in the survey. You can imagine how the question would sound:

"What do you think of Isuzu?"

"Who?"

"Isuzu - they used to produce their own trucks years ago, then started selling rebranded GM stuff for awhile before going out of business in the US. So what do you think of the quality of this brand that couldn't survive?"

blacksambo
01/06/2011, 05:55 PM
Good point.

Ascinder
01/06/2011, 06:51 PM
It feels good to be bad:evil:

Triathlete
01/06/2011, 07:40 PM
It feels good to be bad:evil:

X2...we be bad mofo's!

tom4bren
01/07/2011, 04:00 AM
IMHO

Opinions are like rectums ... everyone has one ... they're all full of crap.

Sorry to be so negative today, bad commute. It's my opinion that everyone is out to get me today.

(read above with a heavy amounts of sarcasm)

CoastieCosta567
01/07/2011, 04:50 AM
Well, we didn't go out of business though. In the other hand, we actually where the smart ones of all and bought back the rights from GM left 1-2 years before the economy hit a plunged and the auto industry got a sucker punch in the gonads. So really we should have a separate list for those that are smart unique and avoided humiliation in the media and the public eye. Isuzu is Numero 1, :dance::clap::dance::clap::dance::clap::dance: :bgwo:

RickOKC
01/07/2011, 05:25 AM
I have to think it's that low because Isuzu doesn't produce passenger cars in the US anymore.....
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the article.

That and I have a 3 year old Ford (#2 on the list) with 18k miles.... hmmmm, it has a rattle in the dash and my 10-year-old Isuzu with 124k miles doesn't.

circmand
01/07/2011, 07:44 AM
I guess we are perceived as the worst in the auto industry and my new Mitsu is #3!!!! WTF!? Gotta make these bad boys outlast the rest and prove them all wrong!

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1652/ford-leads-in-the-factors-that-matter-most-to-car-shoppers/

everyone has one and most of them stink

nfpgasmask
01/07/2011, 08:38 AM
You know, I bet this is due to the obscurity of the Isuzu brand now. If you ask the average person today, what do you think about Isuzu vehicles, they'll likely says something like, "huh? What's an Isuzu?"

:laughing:

Bart

VXorado
01/07/2011, 10:35 AM
;puke2; Looks like a pretty useless survey. Check out the difference between Ford & Mercury. Scores 144 vs 14.

Last I checked, Mercury = Ford + standard leather seats

vt_maverick
01/07/2011, 10:41 AM
Mercury drivers = old folks who've been buying Grand Marquis' for years, Ford buyers are a much larger cross-section. So you can discount the Mercury ranking as it's clearly biased.

vt_maverick
01/07/2011, 10:41 AM
This is why polls always say "Results not scientific."

Gussie2000
01/07/2011, 11:16 AM
I personallly believes that those surveys are just one good excuse to sell their magazines,nothing else.
Although isuzu is out-of-business isuzu remains present due the large amount of their vehicules on the road today,any where your turn you can spot an isuzu,rodeo,trooper,amigo,etc and of course our beloved vehicross.

So as to me those surveys are just that....surveys

VXorado
01/07/2011, 04:26 PM
Mercury drivers = old folks

:laughing::laughing: Thats something we can all agree on...

circmand
01/10/2011, 07:13 AM
Mercury drivers = old folks who've been buying Grand Marquis' for years, Ford buyers are a much larger cross-section. So you can discount the Mercury ranking as it's clearly biased.

Here in BHC right next to Laughlin NV (Las Vegas for the senior set) we have a saying DWO Driving while old. Old people doing 25 in a 45. Or 2 old drivers doing 25 in a 45 right next to each other. Or old people in 45 foot RVs who cant see over the steering wheel. Or gettting in the left lane a mile or more before you have to turn and still going half the legal speed limit. Or anyone driving a Prius.

We need a poll

Have you ever passed a Prius?

Have you ever been passed by a Prius?

tom4bren
01/10/2011, 07:17 AM
Have you ever been passed by a Prius?

YUP

Driving my RV in the right lane because I had an exit coming up in a cupla miles.

Don't worry tho, wasn't anywhere near BS City.

WormGod
01/10/2011, 07:32 AM
Any time you see Subaru lower than most cars on a list, it is BS anyways. Just sayin....

circmand
01/10/2011, 10:04 AM
YUP

Driving my RV in the right lane because I had an exit coming up in a cupla miles.

Don't worry tho, wasn't anywhere near BS City.

You were in the RIGHT lane How does that saying go;

"Speed, follow or get the hell out of the way"

VXjunky
01/10/2011, 10:17 AM
I Heart both my VX and my Sami

VXjunky
01/10/2011, 10:30 AM
and my sami passes nothing

JAMAS
01/10/2011, 10:48 AM
Any time you see Subaru lower than most cars on a list, it is BS anyways. Just sayin....

That IS a pretty darn good car.

My mother just bought a 2011 outback 3.6 limited with all the bells and whistles. Pretty sweet.

tom4bren
01/10/2011, 11:22 AM
and my sami passes nothing

I usta drive a Sami ... 81 cubic inches of raw power ... could drive over a dime & tell you if it was heads or tails ... only rolled once. LOVED IT. I put 220K miles on it before I gave it to my sister.