PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else like Mustangs?

mindaugas
01/20/2011, 05:26 PM
Ah, just imagine driving in the Rocky Mountains with the top down on a nice summer day. Red with white interior, convertible. Perfect compliment to a VX.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-1966-1967-mustang-convertible-NO-RESERVE-/110637836597?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19c2876935#v4-37

Bob Barker
01/20/2011, 05:32 PM
I LOVE Mustangs! I actually sold a 2003 Mach 1 ZY to buy my VX. I sold it cause I can't fit 2 large dogs in the back seat. I love that car and still contemplate buying another.

I have a 1985 SVO in my garage undergoing some form of restoration (ie: I don't really know what I'm doing!).

Funny story, I got rearended in my VX tonight and it may have frame damage. If so I'll be looking for a Ford Lightning and spending some dough on the SVO for daily driver status this weekend.

MsConduct
01/20/2011, 08:21 PM
Funny story, I got rearended in my VX tonight and it may have frame damage.

Not exactly my idea of a funny story. Sorry to hear that!

Then again, I can laugh now about the time when I bought a nice reliable Honda rather than fix the little Ford Explorer I loved. Honda died (brand new) with exactly 23 miles on the clock. Replacement Honda took weeks to get, so I had to fix the Ford tranny anyway. Ugh.

And to get back to the original question, yes, I love Mustangs. too. Really wanted one for my first car, but my dad took one look at it, shook his head and said "you'll kill yourself in that within the week." He was probably right.

Kona-Vs
01/20/2011, 10:10 PM
I've always been into Mustangs. Have owned several early ones over the years and I now own a 1970 Mach 1 Yellow with black strips, ginger interior Cleveland 351 and 4speed w/ original Hurst shifter. Fun to drive!:bgwo: I really like the Cleveland engine it breaths well and it's hard to beet the sound of the air going down a big 4 barrel and out the back when you step on it The only problem is you want to start driving like your in high school again.

WormGod
01/21/2011, 06:53 AM
Gotta be an oldie. Can't stand any Stangs over '93.... meh. In the end, I want actual muscle and a '67 will do.

http://67mustangblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/1967-forsd-mustang-eleanor-movie-car-csv-bruckheimer-cover.jpg

mindaugas
01/21/2011, 07:04 AM
I have a 2002 V6 that I loved. I've always wanted one, but now that I'm a little older, I'd rather have one exactly like the ebay listing. Cherry red, white interior, convertible. V6 is fine. I like the brand new ones with the 300hp V6 as well, they've gotten back to the classic look. I don't think I'd get anything between 1970 - 1992 tho. Fastbacks are awesome, but I want a convertible, or both if I can afford it. Well, in a couple years when everything is paid off, maybe I'll get one. Car auction was TV last night and got me dreaming :)

JAMAS
01/21/2011, 08:10 AM
... White with black and white interior, convertible. Perfect compliment to a VX.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Spyder2.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13103)

I agree! :):)

sorry to dirty up the Mustang talk ....

:hj:

tom4bren
01/21/2011, 10:53 AM
I always wanted a '73 convertable 'Cuda like the one my buddy in high school had. OMG - white on white on white. It was a beauty.

Nah, never been much of a Mustang affectionado. Must be a personal shortcoming on my part. The one that Gary posted a pic of is really sharp tho.

MeowMix
01/21/2011, 01:55 PM
but my dad took one look at it, shook his head and said "you'll kill yourself in that within the week." He was probably right.

...story of my life right there. And even now that I'm older, what daddy says still goes (and is probably still true), lol.

But about mustangs...the oldies are fabulous cars, though anything from the 80's and up are mediocre at best in my eyes. My old boss has a '69 mach 1 fastback...beautiful car. Same color as the one in the pic above. Though he never let me drive her out to the shows, instead favoring of one of the other managers; I always got stuck with the ML320. The shop mechanic screwed up the L quarter of the mach 1 though, just before I left that place...I felt bad for the car but not for my ex boss; serves him right for being a sexist jerk ;Dy;

...I myself would prefer a '59 or '60 El Camino. Now there's a little piece of perfection on wheels! :heart:

Triathlete
01/21/2011, 02:08 PM
My mom has owned several 'stangs over the years. She had a '67 (bought new) until she got t-boned in it. Had a few non 'stangs until she bought a '74 Mach1 (yea it had a V6:() which was then my first car (bought it from her, added a bunch of performance stuff then sold). Then she had a few more non 'stangs until she bought a new '05 GT with the limited red leather interior (charcoal exterior). She kept that one until she traded it in on a new '10 GT with leather interior and the all-glass roof (also charcoal exterior).

MsConduct
01/21/2011, 02:31 PM
My mom has owned several 'stangs over the years. She had a '67 (bought new) until she got t-boned in it. Had a few non 'stangs until she bought a '74 Mach1 (yea it had a V6:() which was then my first car (bought it from her, added a bunch of performance stuff then sold). Then she had a few more non 'stangs until she bought a new '05 GT with the limited red leather interior (charcoal exterior). She kept that one until she traded it in on a new '10 GT with leather interior and the all-glass roof (also charcoal exterior).

I like your mom's taste in cars! :yesgray:

Cobrajet
01/22/2011, 06:28 AM
Really wanted one for my first car, but my dad took one look at it, shook his head and said "you'll kill yourself in that within the week." He was probably right.

Not necessarily! My daughter drove my '82 GT 5.0 all through high school. Originally a 2-bbl 5.0, we upgraded to a Jasper engine with 4-bbl, headers, full dual exhaust (original was a single exhaust), upgraded suspension, etc. Never once wrecked it...or even came close.
http://home.comcast.net/~gregg.north/82Mustang.jpg
I was going to let her drive my Cobra to the prom, but VA state police decided she needed a break from driving after running a stop sign in a residential area, so she had to settle for a ride with someone else. She never got to drive the Cobra (after which she was named by the way - CJ) until she was 26.

I considered getting a new Shelby GT500 when they first came out, but I had the VX then and kept telling myself that I couldn't justify another car! I have no room in my garage for the cars I've already got. And the VX is NOT going out in the cold, wet, snowy driveway!!

mindaugas
01/22/2011, 07:52 AM
I considered getting a new Shelby GT500 when they first came out, but I had the VX then and kept telling myself that I couldn't justify another car! I have no room in my garage for the cars I've already got. And the VX is NOT going out in the cold, wet, snowy driveway!!

Exactly, VX has priority

My aunt has a 94 5.0 fully loaded convertible. Great car, she still drives it.

RickOKC
01/26/2011, 01:45 PM
Darn, I'm late to the party, but I'll show off my 08 Mustang GT anyway. :p I fell in love with the 2005 as soon as I saw the press release photos of the production model, but it took me a few years to get mine. Just like the VX, it's a good conversation starter - especially with the aftermarket hood. I talked to a guy at the gas station this morning for about 10 minutes. I've done several subtle little mods and finally got it "finished" right before I got the VX.

LOTS of fun! :happyface

http://members.cox.net/radamsokc/08Mustang.JPG

Bob Barker
01/26/2011, 02:15 PM
Rick I might have asked you already, but are you on the deadhorse site? It's an OK area mustang site. I knew a guy with a comp orange Mach 1 on there for a while.

Mile High VX
01/26/2011, 02:21 PM
A good friend of mine in AR has a '69 Boss 302 number matching, and a '70 Mach 1 that's just a hot rod.

Never really was a "fan" but he's changed my mind and I think that they are great cars from the real "muscle car" era of American automotive history.

But, I'll always be a Camaro fan at heart...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

RickOKC
01/26/2011, 02:55 PM
Rick I might have asked you already, but are you on the deadhorse site? It's an OK area mustang site. I knew a guy with a comp orange Mach 1 on there for a while.
Hey Bob, I checked out the deadhorse website a while back, but never joined. There wasn't much activity on the site when I visited - maybe they've grown since then. I keep meaning to check out one of their meetings, though. I think they're all a lot younger than me, but the big local group for us oldies strikes me as Just Plain Weird. (From what I can tell, they never go outside and check out each others cars. They spend 4 or 5 hours indoors on beautiful Sunday afternoons doing _____???? Vampires maybe?)

Bob Barker
01/26/2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah, the site had maybe 15 very active members when I was on it, but I wasn't active. Just invited to the site through MM.com when I lived in Dallas. The guy I am talking about is nick named old man, so there are some up in age on that site. Although he drives like a 16 year old!

mindaugas
01/26/2011, 04:35 PM
Rick, that's a gorgeous Mustang

RickOKC
01/26/2011, 10:11 PM
Thank you, Mindaugas!