PDA

View Full Version : alarm indicator

Daly
01/28/2011, 08:04 PM
The red alarm indicator on the dash next to defroster switch is staying lit all the time. My key fob will not open or close the vehicle. Anybody have any idea what is going on?

vt_maverick
01/28/2011, 08:18 PM
Most likely possibilities:

1) Your remote is dead (is the red light on the remote blinking when you push the button?)
2) Your remote needs to be reprogrammed (I believe you need to do this after you replace the battery)

If option 1 try replacing the remote battery, if option 2 use the search engine to find the thread on reprogramming the remote. (You push and hold a green button under the driver's side dash while pressing the button on the remote, but I don't remember the other specifics.)

VX KAT
01/28/2011, 10:44 PM
Here's the easy/simple/correct instructions for programming/re-programming an Isuzu OEM remote/key fob:

PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS
VEHICROSS: 99-01
Remote added or replaced:

1. ACCESS THE PROGRAMMING BUTTON ON THE REMOTE ALARM CENTRAL LOCKING CONTROL MODULE LOCATED ABOVE THE LEFT KICK PANEL – GREEN BUTTON
2. TURN IGNTION TO ON
3. PUSH AND HOLD THE PROGRAMMING BUTTON FOR 2 SECONDS
4. THE SYSTEM WARNING LAMP WILL ILLUMINATE FOR 5 SECONDS
5. WHILE THE SYSTEM WARNING LAMP IS LIT UP:
- PRESS AND HOLD THE REMOTE LOCK & UNLOCK BUTTON
6. THE WARNING LAMP WILL EXTINGUISH
7. AN ACOUSTIC SOUND IS EMITTED ONCE & THE PARKING LAMPS WILL FLASH ONCE
8. TURN IGNITION SWITCH TO OFF
9. Confirm successful programming by locking and unlocking vehicle.
10. Repeat above procedure to program remaining remotes.

etlsport
01/29/2011, 04:33 AM
its also a possibility that you set your vx into "valet mode" which would disable the alarm, leaving the red light on the dash as an indicator.

try downloading the alarm manual from the forum and read through the different modes

vt_maverick
01/29/2011, 05:22 AM
its also a possibility that you set your vx into "valet mode" which would disable the alarm, leaving the red light on the dash as an indicator.

I never knew such a thing existed. What does valet mode? I know on cars it usually locks the trunk and/or rear doors, but obviously neither applies to us.

Daly
01/29/2011, 06:58 AM
IThanks
I think you are right it is in valet mode. Fob's are both working but not communicating.

I am pretty good finding things but have never had any luck finding things using search on forum. I know to generally use advanced. I took suggestion and pt in downloads , then manuals but nothing specific came up.
Can anybody send me a link to the alarm manual please.

also, just a thought maybe it would be helpful to have a download forum section.

Mile High VX
01/29/2011, 07:04 AM
IThanks

also, just a thought maybe it would be helpful to have a download forum section.

Left hand side of the page...Main Menu...Downloads...Manuals...Remote Entry Manual...page 12

Daly
01/29/2011, 07:06 AM
I found it, must have forgot to put my glasses on.
going out into the cold to play with the remotes.

Daly
01/29/2011, 07:39 AM
Got my glasses on and am outside in the cold.
Can't seem to locate the box to reset. I have kick plate cover removed. There are 3 black boxes attached to side wall, none have a green light or reset button. Is the box on the side wall? or somehwere else?

VX KAT
01/29/2011, 07:56 AM
Got my glasses on and am outside in the cold.
Can't seem to locate the box to reset. I have kick plate cover removed. There are 3 black boxes attached to side wall, none have a green light or reset button. Is the box on the side wall? or somehwere else?

It's WAY UP UNDER...on a black box thing that is upright. See the tiny green button in this pic? Definitely need a flashlight and being like a pretzel helps..
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/DSCN0446.jpg

Daly
01/29/2011, 07:58 AM
so it is not behind kickplate it is up on firewall sort of behind brake pedal?

Daly
01/29/2011, 08:25 AM
Amazing how clear something is once you find it.

So my red indicator light is solid on.

I think I have to get out of valet mode before I can do anything.
Do not see that on instructions. Because the fobs don't do anything I don't see how you can get out of valet mode.

Mile High VX
01/29/2011, 08:37 AM
You turn the valet off by putting it into one of the other modes...either passive or active.

VX KAT
01/29/2011, 09:49 AM
This "erasing remote" instructions might help, not sure...

PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS
VEHICROSS: 99-01
Remote added or replaced/system malfunction

ERASING REMOTE:
NOTE: THIS ERASES ALL PREVIOUSLY PROGRAMMED REMOTES
-ACCESS THE PROGRAMMING BUTTON ON THE REMOTE ALARM/CENTRAL LOCKING CONTROL MODULE LOCATED ABOVE THE LH KICK PANEL
- TURN IGNITION TO ON

NOTE: IT MAY BE NECESSARY TO DISARM REMOTE ALARM.CENTRAL LOCKING SYSTEM BY EITHER PUSHING A REMOTE BUTTON TO UNLOCK THE DOORS OR BY TURNING THE IGNITION TO ON, OFF, THEN ON

1. PUSH & HOLD THE PROGRAMMING BUTTON FOR 2 SECONDS
2. THE SYSTEM WARNING LAMP WILL ILLUMINATE FOR 5 SECONDS
3. WHILE THE SYSTEM WARNING LAMP IS LIT UP: - PRESS & HOLD THE PROGRAMMING BUTTON FOR OVER 2 SECONDS
4. THE SYSTEM WARNING LAMP WILL FLASH 3 TIMES
5. AN ACOUSTIC SOUND IS EMITTED 3 TIMES & THE PARKING LAMPS WILL FLASH 3 TIMES
6. TURN IGNITION SWITCH TO OFF

VXjunky
01/29/2011, 09:55 AM
you people ___ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Daly
01/29/2011, 02:02 PM
It seems that first step of all reprograming is to push the rest button and then the system warning light on dah will flash. My system warning light is on the whole time and actually drain ing battery.
Anyone know where the fuse associated to alarm is?
I need to shut off the system until I can get it to reprogram.

VX KAT
01/29/2011, 04:53 PM
It seems that first step of all reprograming is to push the rest button and then the system warning light on dah will flash. My system warning light is on the whole time and actually drain ing battery.
Anyone know where the fuse associated to alarm is?
I need to shut off the system until I can get it to reprogram.

My red dash light (one of those 5 to the right side of wheel) has NEVER illuminated in any circumstance....but I was able to program 3 remotes. Maybe my bulb is burned out or something, but just mentioning it because it appears programming can be done w/o that light indicator. Don't know what to think about your constant on light....:_thinking

Daly
01/30/2011, 06:38 AM
The red light I was talking about is next to the hazard flasher button, defogger button in the middle not by christmas tree dashboard lights. I think it is the alarm indicator. I am thinking of disconnecting the battery, it is dead now, charging it and when I reconnect it hopefully it will reset the constant red on that light and I will be able to re program.
I am sure I just need to get the right sequence after pressing the green button if I can get the constant red off. I Appreciate you responding to all my posts.

VX KAT
01/30/2011, 08:29 AM
The red light I was talking about is next to the hazard flasher button, defogger button in the middle not by christmas tree dashboard lights.

So was I, same one....