PDA

View Full Version : Manheim auctions

MeowMix
01/29/2011, 08:20 PM
Okay...I was wondering if y'all had any advice on this thought:
So I have access to Manheim dealer auto auctions via a friend of the family, and that's where I have historically purchased all my cars from, for significantly less money than blue book...though while it's easy to find Sunfires on Manheim, to find a VX there is a bit rare. So, been thinking: maybe I should just try to low ball every relatively closeby, somewhat feasible VX I find there, regardless of color and year and other more petty preferences, yet still making sure it has low mileage and has no "ABS light" or "frame damage" or other such comments. It would be a chance for sure, seeing as my guy doesn't have people he can trust at each and every auction who would go out in the yard and check the vehicle out for him/me prior to purchase...though on the other hand, I just might end up with an awesome VX for only around $4K.

What got me thinking about this is a little something I noticed the other day in my daily online VX search...so, there was this '99 ebony listed as having 60,124 miles at the Chicago, IL Manheim auction a bit ago. Now it did have very low mileage, though I chose to ignore it, because I would prefer a 2001 and ebony is my least favorite color. Though this car only went for $3700...that was amazingly low! Now, if you browse autotrader.com, there is a '99 ebony on there with 60,191 miles up for sale by a dealer in Cicero, IL for $7999. After consulting google maps, I see Cicero is like a little derivative of Chicago. 67 miles difference on the odometer between the Manheim vehicle and the dealer vehicle -- Now you can't tell me that's not the same VX as what just sold on Manheim a couple weeks ago. I could have bought that VX, shipped it here via DAS, and had it reshot in orange (my favorite!) for under $7K...I missed out big time!

So...any thoughts on my potential plan? ;Dy;

-MeowMix

RICHARD PAYNE
01/29/2011, 09:14 PM
Okay...I was wondering if y'all had any advice on this thought:
So I have access to Manheim dealer auto auctions via a friend of the family, and that's where I have historically purchased all my cars from, for significantly less money than blue book...though while it's easy to find Sunfires on Manheim, to find a VX there is a bit rare. So, been thinking: maybe I should just try to low ball every relatively closeby, somewhat feasible VX I find there, regardless of color and year and other more petty preferences, yet still making sure it has low mileage and has no "ABS light" or "frame damage" or other such comments. It would be a chance for sure, seeing as my guy doesn't have people he can trust at each and every auction who would go out in the yard and check the vehicle out for him/me prior to purchase...though on the other hand, I just might end up with an awesome VX for only around $4K.

What got me thinking about this is a little something I noticed the other day in my daily online VX search...so, there was this '99 ebony listed as having 60,124 miles at the Chicago, IL Manheim auction a bit ago. Now it did have very low mileage, though I chose to ignore it, because I would prefer a 2001 and ebony is my least favorite color. Though this car only went for $3700...that was amazingly low! Now, if you browse autotrader.com, there is a '99 ebony on there with 60,191 miles up for sale by a dealer in Cicero, IL for $7999. After consulting google maps, I see Cicero is like a little derivative of Chicago. 67 miles difference on the odometer between the Manheim vehicle and the dealer vehicle -- Now you can't tell me that's not the same VX as what just sold on Manheim a couple weeks ago. I could have bought that VX, shipped it here via DAS, and had it reshot in orange (my favorite!) for under $7K...I missed out big time!

So...any thoughts on my potential plan? ;Dy;

-MeowMix

If you buy one and don't want it I will buy it from you and fix it for resale. Richard Payne 970-412-8414. I ship in from all over the country and will be going to Manheim too.

MeowMix
01/29/2011, 09:31 PM
If you buy one and don't want it I will buy it from you and fix it for resale. Richard Payne 970-412-8414. I ship in from all over the country and will be going to Manheim too.

I'm sure that all depends on how much of a train wreck the car is when I get it, right? ;) If I take a chance, and it ends up being a horrible vehicle, I doubt you'd want it either Richard, lol.

gergmon
01/29/2011, 10:54 PM
That's funny I want to paint my VX Orange too!!! =oP

MeowMix
01/29/2011, 11:17 PM
That's funny I want to paint my VX Orange too!!! =oP

Which color orange? Like the basic flat orange you see a lot on older muscle cars, or maybe even some crazy bright orange from house of kolor? I like Lamborghini orange myself, but I might change my mind: house of kolor tangelo pearl would look fabulous on the VX! We'll have to see who gets their orange paint first...though I must point out: you definitely have one up on me in this race -- I've been on the hunt for about 3-4 months now and I still don't even have my VX yet, lol ;Dy;

Mile High VX
01/30/2011, 07:02 AM
Like this

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/CHO_Accord.jpg

I wanted so bad to paint my Accord this color...I love it and think it would look awesome on the VX.

Triathlete
01/30/2011, 02:09 PM
Wyldweasels VX...
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/weasel02.PNG