PDA

View Full Version : Shipping suggestions to Tasmania/Australia

VX KAT
02/13/2011, 12:20 PM
Hey gang- Need ideas...

I've got LuVerne stainless steel nerf bars that PK wants to buy.

Box is 55"L x 10" x 10", 30 lbs.

Too expensive for UPS/FEDEX, and too big for USPS.

Airlines can't take international package from an individual since 9/11. I HATE you Osama Bin Laden!:mado:

I'm told to try a "freight forwarding" company.
Has to go from Phoenix airport to Hobart airport in Tasmania.

Anybody know who to call or how to do this ? I need a quote first. :thanx:

surf-life
02/13/2011, 01:22 PM
Ive never shipped outside of the US, But I have revived motors from Japan.

I did some quick research and this looks like an option.

http://www.shipping-worldwide.com/air-cargo.htm

surf-life
02/13/2011, 01:25 PM
Same company but local contact info.
APX
Phoenix AZ, 85009
Phone: 877-597-0258
Fax: 877-597-0259
Email: rates@shipping-worldwide.com

Scott Larson
02/13/2011, 04:11 PM
I'll do it...for "ONE MILLION DOLLARS"!!! Sorry Kat, I couldn't help myself...(If I knew how to post the appropriate emoticons, I would have.)

VX KAT
02/13/2011, 04:34 PM
I'll do it...for "ONE MILLION DOLLARS"!!! Sorry Kat, I couldn't help myself...(If I knew how to post the appropriate emoticons, I would have.)

You're a wee bit out of PK's price range!:laugho:

vt_maverick
02/13/2011, 05:40 PM
Box is 55"L x 10" x 10", 30 lbs.

Too big for UPS/FEDEX/USPS.

Too big for international shipping I guess? Tone shipped my Luverne bars through one of those carriers, but of course that was just from TX to VA.

VX KAT
02/13/2011, 09:07 PM
Too big for international shipping I guess? Tone shipped my Luverne bars through one of those carriers, but of course that was just from TX to VA.
too big for Int'l USPS, too expensive to use the other two couriers. I finally got the pricing calc page to work, came up higher than UPS/FEDEX.
I haven't given up yet PK!!

VX KAT
02/14/2011, 11:52 AM
Found a site that ebay suggested called "uship.com". You put a listing for what you need shipped, then shippers bid on it. So I did that last night, got one bid so far for $399 USD for door to door delivery...with delivery 2/16....yes 2/16...now how the heck is that possible? It takes almost that long to fly there! :_thinking

OK, assuming they fudged a bit on delivery date, does $400 sound average for a 30 lb box 55" long? Anybody have any point of reference?

UPS & FedEx were between $490 - $540.

Now I'm trying to find something that's not "door to door", but rather airport to airport/terminal.

...the quest continues....

atilla_the_fun
02/14/2011, 12:54 PM
I think Jason Statham is available for a price, he however drives a high end Audi or BMW, which requires premium fuel.

BigSwede
02/14/2011, 01:37 PM
http://www.shipping2australia.com/

[shrug] might help...dunno if it is for individual packages though.

nfpgasmask
02/14/2011, 02:27 PM
Sue, I can probably check with Lawrence from http://www.aussiecarimports.com/ . He shipped my Falcon over here from Oz and he has a lot of containers going over to Australia right now due to the USD and the AUD getting so close. PM me if you want more info.

Bart

VX KAT
02/14/2011, 04:19 PM
I think Jason Statham is available for a price, he however drives a high end Audi or BMW, which requires premium fuel.

:drool2::drool2::naughty::naughty: yeah, but he'd never complete his drop since he'd still be intertwined in my arms and I wouldn't be lettin' go....:mbrasd::mbrasd:....and oh, I'll pay him for his, ..um, ..er, ..umm, premium services, I mean fuel...:mbrasd:
We just watched "The Transporter" last week...now I think I need something transported....

Ebenezr
02/14/2011, 04:32 PM
:luck:Cut em up into smaller pieces and ship several boxes through USPS. Send him a welder...Sorry just trying to be helpful.:bwgy:

VX KAT
02/15/2011, 06:36 PM
Sue, I can probably check with Lawrence from http://www.aussiecarimports.com/ . He shipped my Falcon over here from Oz and he has a lot of containers going over to Australia right now due to the USD and the AUD getting so close. PM me if you want more info.

Bart

Thanks Bart. Send me the info, I'd really appreciate it.

Right now, PK is going to check with the shipping people at his work and see if he can get anything done through them...should have a number in a day or so. If it's not good enough, then maybe we can ask your contact for a quote or advice at least.

nfpgasmask
02/15/2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks Bart. Send me the info, I'd really appreciate it.

Right now, PK is going to check with the shipping people at his work and see if he can get anything done through them...should have a number in a day or so. If it's not good enough, then maybe we can ask your contact for a quote or advice at least.

PMing you.

Bart

RamAirZ
02/15/2011, 08:43 PM
Can you have him send me a Wallaby?

jhigareda
02/16/2011, 08:51 AM
What r these bars?

VX KAT
02/16/2011, 09:00 AM
What r these bars?

They are step rails, side steps. Here's pics: