PDA

View Full Version : Decals n such...

raver_boi_88
03/03/2011, 08:41 AM
anyone know where I can get the hood decals and the pillar decal? I am about to repaint my white ironman and I would like to rebadge it after I am done. The hood insert is all faded and I want to repaint that as well. As for the B pillars I debadged them along time ago but now I would reall like to put them back on. If anyone knows of anywhere I would be very appreciative.

vt_maverick
03/03/2011, 08:53 AM
Check out http://www.IsuzuParts.com or call Merlin at St. Charles Isuzu. His contact info is on the lower right area of the home page I believe.

I'm pretty sure the pillar decal is still available, but I'm not so sure on the Ironman logo.

raver_boi_88
03/03/2011, 08:58 AM
thanks! also on a random off topic I keep busting cv boots. Is there something wrong with my setup? I have a 3.5 lift from calmini and I dont know what to do? Do I need to have xustom shafts made or something?

vt_maverick
03/03/2011, 08:59 AM
Do a search on "diff drop" and "ball joint flip". The VX CV joints weren't designed to support that level of lift reliably without some customization.

raver_boi_88
03/03/2011, 10:13 AM
Do a search on "diff drop" and "ball joint flip". The VX CV joints weren't designed to support that level of lift reliably without some customization.

okay i have searched and searched but I cant find anything on it other than people saying they have or havent done it. Is there a tech write up or some pictures somewhere i can reference from?:confused:

vt_maverick
03/03/2011, 10:43 AM
You need a certain type of bracket to do the diff drop. Member tom4bren knows a "welder guy" who can fabricate it for you, but I can't recall ever seeing pics. I'd send him a PM and see what he can do to help.

Don't know much about the ball joint flip, sorry.