PDA

View Full Version : need help find the front windsheild ASAP

DLNTHO
03/18/2011, 10:25 AM
Hi I need help to find the front windshield (in junk yard or new one) around in NYC or Tri-State. Also I need the price and the part # or any one knows the car-dear had this part available or any Isuzu model can replace in. Thank You

vt_maverick
03/18/2011, 10:30 AM
You can get it replaced at SafeLite or any other auto glass installer. You might have to wait a day at most.

DLNTHO
03/18/2011, 10:51 AM
Thank You :grino:

Buffy
03/18/2011, 11:08 AM
I just had mine replaced by Safelite a few weeks ago. It cost me around 230.00 as it was not an insureance claim.

DLNTHO
03/18/2011, 11:15 AM
they just quote me 295.95 .no Insurance Claim

vt_maverick
03/18/2011, 11:19 AM
Ask whether that's the price with or without the blue tint at the top. I believe it's more without it. :confused:

vt_maverick
03/18/2011, 11:20 AM
Also helps that Buffy is likely in a lower cost of living area.

etlsport
03/18/2011, 11:29 AM
yea in my are safelite quoted me around 320 w/ the tinted stripe (no option for without it)... all depends where you live.. when I had my roof re-done, they had to pull the windshield and said if it broke in the process, it would be 250 to replace it (and no additional charge since they had to remove/reinstall it to paint the roof anyway

DLNTHO
03/18/2011, 11:32 AM
They just send email to confirm : the service date March 22
Price : 295.95*(includes labor,before tax and 9.95 disposal fee)
or if windshelid need molding and accessories ??? additional cost 20.95

MSHardeman
03/18/2011, 11:45 AM
Make sure that the shop that puts the new windshild in doesn't use any metal tools during the install. Others here on the board have had issues with rust and water leakage after the shop installing the windshield used metal tools. The tools end up scraping the paint and zinc coating off of the metal then water gets in and starts the nasty rust process.

When I had my windshield replaced I made sure that the shop I went to used plastic and/or vinyl tools.

etlsport
03/18/2011, 11:55 AM
Make sure that the shop that puts the new windshild in doesn't use any metal tools during the install. Others here on the board have had issues with rust and water leakage after the shop installing the windshield used metal tools. The tools end up scraping the paint and zinc coating off of the metal then water gets in and starts the nasty rust process.

When I had my windshield replaced I made sure that the shop I went to used plastic and/or vinyl tools.

very good point, i spent $900+ getting rust caused by a poor windshield install fixed

circmand
03/18/2011, 01:25 PM
is some good information to know. I would never have even considered that if I was having a windshield put in

Thank You

VXR
03/18/2011, 01:50 PM
Others here on the board have had issues with rust and water leakage after the shop installing the windshield used metal tools

Although I have not had the windshield replaced in the VX I have in other cars and subsequently experienced water leakage:mad:

I always get rock chips fixed quick so I do not have to replace the windshield:yesb:

vt_maverick
03/18/2011, 01:59 PM
Another good reason to get glass fixed quick is that insurers will often completely waive your glass deductible if you bring it in before the impact point spreads beyond the size of a $.50 piece.

tom4bren
03/21/2011, 05:12 AM
Or if you don't have windshield coverage & you get a rock chip, most auto parts stores sell a repair kit for about $10. The kits are VERY easy to use.

Basically it's just an ultra clear, UV cured epoxy with special tool to pull a vacuum & allow the epoxy to flow down into the crack.

It only takes about 30 minutes to complete (& most of that time is just sitting around waiting on the epoxy to flow or cure so you can be doing other stuff).

I've got 4 repaired chips in the windshield of my Eclipse. I did 3 of the repairs & had one professionally done for about $50. All 4 have held up for 3+ years. IMHO, the repairs I did look as good or better compared to the professional job.

branden2121
04/20/2011, 11:42 AM
Hi I need help to find the front windshield (in junk yard or new one) around in NYC or Tri-State. Also I need the price and the part # or any one knows the car-dear had this part available or any Isuzu model can replace in. Thank You

I am having problems finding a windshield also. The part # is 8972077101. Please let me know if you have any luck.
Branden

Ldub
04/20/2011, 12:24 PM
Hi I need help to find the front windshield

It's right there, in front of the steering wheel...:yesgray:.:rotate:.:laughing:

Ldub
04/20/2011, 12:25 PM
I am having problems finding a windshield also. The part # is 8972077101. Please let me know if you have any luck.
Branden

Did you read the first page of this thread...:confused:

tom4bren
07/01/2013, 05:05 AM
Sorry to resurect an old thread but ... Interesting development.

I got a quote from SafeLite. $425.85 out the door. That seemed really steep since they had a much better price when I needed it replaced on the Eclipse (& beat competitor's price). This time they said that the price was firm.

ASAP Auto Glass quoted me $246 out the door. That was mo betta & the guy did an excellent job. He even added extra goop on the install since I told him I was paranoid about it leaking. Attached is a copy of the receipt in case anyone needs the part #. He was able to get the glass in w/in 24 hours. I'll never go anywhere else (even though they are a bit of a drive for me).

blacksambo
07/09/2013, 08:29 PM
Sorry to resurect an old thread but ... Interesting development.

I got a quote from SafeLite. $425.85 out the door. That seemed really steep since they had a much better price when I needed it replaced on the Eclipse (& beat competitor's price). This time they said that the price was firm.

ASAP Auto Glass quoted me $246 out the door. That was mo betta & the guy did an excellent job. He even added extra goop on the install since I told him I was paranoid about it leaking. Attached is a copy of the receipt in case anyone needs the part #. He was able to get the glass in w/in 24 hours. I'll never go anywhere else (even though they are a bit of a drive for me).

I like this old thread, especially in light of the Merlin new parts shortage reported earlier tonite.

tom4bren
07/10/2013, 05:49 AM
BTW, the guy at ASAP told me that all SafeLite windshield glass is made in China ... & is crap. Not sure if he was just talking from a competitor's standpoint but also mentioned that SafeLite was never able to get their OEM certification.