PDA

View Full Version : PNW meet at the Longhorn Saloon results

Junster
04/23/2011, 10:11 PM
Well it was a beautiful spring day in the Northwest. 7 VX's showed at Riff Raff's Longhorn Saloon in Lakewood, WA. For me it was amazing to see 7 VX's all parked together. We had a nice chat, enjoyed pizza "thanks Riff" and got to put faces with the forum names. I had a great time.

Riff Raff

MarjieJ

MeowMix

Pics continued post 2

Junster
04/23/2011, 10:16 PM
more pics

Conflass

Golfindoc

Rowhard

Junster

Triathlete
04/23/2011, 10:19 PM
Nice!

VX KAT
04/24/2011, 12:07 AM
Wow, you guys have got yourself a nice little cluster going of VXers in your general area! Looks like a fun time was had....and lining up 7 VX's in a row in a parking lot, is something that can't help but make you grin! :thumbup:

MeowMix
04/24/2011, 12:26 AM
I snapped a few photos as well -- mainly the same shots, but I'll post them as well for anyone who cares to see.

PNW VX meet! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60531073@N08/sets/72157626439691293/)

It was awesome meeting everyone and getting to see so many VXes in the same location. What fun! We'll have to do it again sometime...and of course: thank you Riff, for being our fantastic host! ;Dy;

...what a bummer to have to come back to my own side of the state again, lol. It's so boring over here! :zzzy:

Riff Raff
04/24/2011, 11:23 AM
Holy Cow, what a fun day we had and it was my distinct honor to host such an event!!! The weather was absolutely perfect in the mid-60's (our highest temperature this year) accompanied by blinding bright sunshine. This was actually our second VX-Meet at the Longhorn Saloon in recent years and it blew away last time's attendance (our 1st event only had four(4) attendee's). Thus, having seven(7) VX's show-up this time really made me proud. Getting all 7 VX's on-line in a single row took some very crafty logistical planning as parking within the tightly cramped stripmall is extremely vicious among the general public. After all of the VX's finally arrived, the public finally realized why all of the required commotion and blockade of individual parking spaces. Throughout the day, there were quite a few gawker's with WTF faces and many came by to get pictures with the VX's in the background to record such a rare sighting.

I must admit, our new member "MeowMix" is what provoked me to initiate this specific VX-Meet since I knew she was visiting friends from Spokane (a 300+ mile trek 1-way) and I didn't want to miss the opportuniy of officially welcoming her into our tight-knit family. Timing was perfect, as new member "Junster" had just got his VX back from the body shop the day before, and they did a fantastic job of repair. A veteran member, but brand new to the party and VX community was "Max Conflass", a 30+ year Boeing employee that really added flair with his great sense of humor and comraderee. Longstanding PNW Alumni of "Rowhard", "GolfinDoc" and "MarjieJ" rounded out the party bringing total unity to the VX-Meet and were a much welcome addition to visit with once again and catch-up with life's ongoings.

It's been said many times before, but I'll say it again-- the people on this forum of Vehicross.Info are of a special rare breed with true passion and care for their beloved VX and a genuine love and respect for their fellow comrade; unlike any other automotive blog forum on the entire internet. The word "family" best describes this community and we are truly blessed that "Moncha" created such a wonderful platform for us all to enjoy. Again; it was my distinct pleasure to host such an event for us PNW VX'ers, and I will gladly host another anytime as membership dictates. Thank you to all who attended for making this event a true success!!!

Riff

:heart:

ZEUS
04/24/2011, 01:08 PM
Well said and good on ya Riff!

PK
04/24/2011, 05:05 PM
Oooohh shuuuucks

Riff is a nice guy after all.

Looks like it was a good day.
Congratulations on getting it all together.

PK

VX KAT
04/24/2011, 05:20 PM
Oooohh shuuuucks

Riff is a nice guy after all.

Looks like it was a good day.
Congratulations on getting it all together.

PK

PK, whatta you been drinkin'?
j/k....:p

Golfindoc
04/25/2011, 10:31 AM
Hey Brian!
I have to echo the sentiments of everybody else. It was tremendous of you to make your establishment available to us and even feed us! Thank you! It was great to see almost twice as many lined up there with even a couple of duplications! (I'm glad I showed with the token Foxfire!) It was fun meeting the new members along with the "seasoned" veterans, glad you sold your rims, and hope to do it again sometime.
Alan (golfindoc)

wekilled
04/27/2011, 06:01 PM
Happy to see almost double attendance from last year, but was a little misty having been restationed to Monterey. Woulda definitely been there again if I was still in WA!

rsteinmetz70112
05/03/2011, 08:56 PM
Glad you guys had a good time.

Riff Raff
05/09/2011, 11:51 PM
:bump: For the benefit of new WA State member-- "PNWdawg"

Welcome to the forum!!!

:bgwb: