PDA

View Full Version : Vir

Exclamation
04/24/2011, 08:31 PM
Hey, anyone here been to VIR? For those of you who dont know of it, the abbreviation stands for Virginia International Raceway.

WormGod
04/25/2011, 07:06 AM
Yep, yep, and yep. Years ago I took their cart racing course and totally enjoyed it. They have a hell of a great setup. Never had my STi there but my WRX got some "quality time". ;)

Exclamation
04/25/2011, 10:10 AM
Very nice, I went up there for the first time this past weekend with a friend in his lotus exige S and man was that the most fun ive ever had in my life im definitely looking for a track car now to start doing some racing myself haha

WormGod
04/26/2011, 07:08 AM
Find a beater Miata and start there. Great cheap track car and the sky is the limit when modding them. Once you get that butterfly out of your gut, step it up and beef up the car/horses(and be ready to open your wallet.... the one reason I stopped when I sold my WRX.... damned if I was taking my STi that $$ route).

Exclamation
04/26/2011, 11:13 AM
Yea I currently have a 2002 miata but its more of a leisure car than a track car, so im thinking about buying up an old like 94 or something and throwing a roll cage in it and some racing seats and such. Also opening up your wallet is an understatement its more like handing over the whole damn thing lmao my friend blew 1200$ rotors and like 150$ worth of gas plus 400$ registration fees this past weekend alone! Definitely an expensive past time haha but id have to say its worth it :P