PDA

View Full Version : Suspension parts buy....

crager34
04/25/2011, 12:48 PM
Seen this on eBay. Had my front end looked at and was told one side has paly in the ball joints, so at 167k.... thought maybe I would just replace some things. I couldn't match their part numbers to out parts list though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front-end-suspension-Tie-rod-ends-Ball-joint-VehiCROSS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1af812e4QQitemZ12071 1549668QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Your thoughts??

Triathlete
04/25/2011, 02:34 PM
I ordered that set up earlier this year and am running the ball joints...the rod ends I have for trail spares. So far they are doing well. My set came with 2 upper ball joints, 2 lower ball joints and 4 rod ends as the pic shows. I think I paid $79 including shipping. However, looking at the link you posted even though the pic shows all 4 ball joints in the description it only says 2 ball joints.

crager34
04/26/2011, 07:46 AM
I ordered that set up earlier this year and am running the ball joints...the rod ends I have for trail spares. So far they are doing well. My set came with 2 upper ball joints, 2 lower ball joints and 4 rod ends as the pic shows. I think I paid $79 including shipping. However, looking at the link you posted even though the pic shows all 4 ball joints in the description it only says 2 ball joints.

Thanks

workmeistr
04/26/2011, 10:09 AM
I just ordered this exact set, as well. Only after I ordered did I see this post. I have emailed the seller to ask for clarification, nothing heard, yet. I'm going to do my balls while doing bearings, rotors, pads, paint calipers, install SS brake lines, all in prep of my new wheels and tires. And to think it all started with 2 Nebraska winters wreaking havoc on the crappy wheel chrome. My Spring money pit.

crager34
04/27/2011, 09:40 AM
I just ordered this exact set, as well. Only after I ordered did I see this post. I have emailed the seller to ask for clarification, nothing heard, yet. I'm going to do my balls while doing bearings, rotors, pads, paint calipers, install SS brake lines, all in prep of my new wheels and tires. And to think it all started with 2 Nebraska winters wreaking havoc on the crappy wheel chrome. My Spring money pit.

I was told it was a stock photo and it only came with the TWO ball joints. :mad:

yellowgizmo99
04/27/2011, 11:12 AM
I e-mailed him also and he said they didn't make the lowers aftermarket anymore so they aren't in the deal.

Triathlete
04/27/2011, 01:54 PM
I don't remember for sure but I think the saler I got mine from was american suspension...might try searching them.

yellowgizmo99
04/27/2011, 07:03 PM
there is a world suspension, they don't have a complete set but have 2 sales with everything, the price is $118 though.

Triathlete
04/27/2011, 07:14 PM
Those were the guys. I think I paid $75-79 for upper and lower bj's and 4 rod ends. It was about 4-5 months ago.

workmeistr
04/27/2011, 07:58 PM
A bit of scam. I'm going to ask that the seller removes the deceptive photo as part of this set in a reasonable time, or adds a more overt description stating that the photo is in error, or my feedback will reflect my discontent. I ordered the lowers separately, aftermarket, so someone's still making them.