PDA

View Full Version : Part Needed...HELP!

carlymac
04/25/2011, 07:33 PM
For those who don't know me, I have been a VX owner since 1999, in fact I purchased the first one delivered to Tennessee and it was used in the Tennessee un-veiling...I suppose I'm an "old timer" to the VX world and was one of the guys who just kinna faded away...life, geesh!!

Anyway I have always depended on this group when I had an issue with my 99' Ironman, which is still chugging along. Just clicked over 100,000 miles last week! I'm still in love with the VX and it still turns heads.

So here's my problem....

I broke the rear door Check Arm. I have searched the forum and noticed I am not the only person who has gone through this.

I took the rear end apart (no small task!) and removed the shattered remains of my Check Arm...needless to say it's beyond help.

I was wondering if anybody had one, or had a vx they were parting out?
I need the Check Arm and the housing part that bolts into the rear body.
Or at least a reasonably priced new part if I had to go that route.

Hats off to you new guys and the old ones (johnnyappolo) for keeping the site a great place to lurk. I need to get more active on here like in years past...Now I am sounding like an old timer :p

Thanks for any information you care to share,
Carl McCoy

Triathlete
04/25/2011, 08:25 PM
I would bet VXCrazy has the part you need. Might not know what it is (I know I don't). Might send her a PM and explain what it is/where located. Good luck and good to see your still around!

Ldub
04/25/2011, 08:53 PM
Also try pm-ing Marlin, he had a line on a salvage yd VX.

IndianaVX
04/25/2011, 09:05 PM
I need the same part. Door seems to do fine without it, but if you are on a hill, or on a windy day, you have to stuff something in there to keep the door open. I'm not sure how these go bad, but mine one day it was fine, the next, it was mangled, and couldn't close the door! It too is on my to doo. Seems like it's going to be a pita to replace....

Grif
04/25/2011, 11:07 PM
I think i have two. I'll check tomorrow.

tom4bren
04/26/2011, 05:41 AM
In the mean time, you could attach a section of web strap between the door and the body to make sure the door doesn't swing open too far. Probably would be a nice safety measure since that's what likely FUBAR'd the arm & bracket.

deermagnet
04/26/2011, 06:23 AM
Mine failed last year and I haven't replaced it yet. In the mean time, I use a telescoping hood prop when needed. I bought this many years ago to use when even the good check arm couldn't keep the door open.

http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/mag/132.jpg

Mark

carlymac
04/26/2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks guys.
Grif, Let me know if you find one.

IndianaVX
04/26/2011, 09:21 PM
Ditto on what Carl said, if you find 2 of em....
The door seems to have a pretty good stop on it. It took me about two days to not just let the door fly open. That's alot of door swinging on those hinges!

Grif
04/26/2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys.
Grif, Let me know if you find one.

Sorry carlymac. Searched thru my box of misc rear door ware, and no joy.

carlymac
04/27/2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks for looking bro.

IndianaVX
04/27/2011, 10:48 AM
griff, did you find the second one?!?:naughty:

Y33TREKker
04/27/2011, 11:52 AM
You could try contacting this eBay seller. The back of the vehicle didn't seem to be damaged, and going by what they said in the quote below, they're apparently willing to sell other parts if requested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00-01-ISUZU-VEHICROSS-Front-Lower-Control-Arm-OEM-/230612837479?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AVehiCROSS&hash=item35b198a467

Availability

If you cannot find a part that you need in the store, please contact us and we will let you know if we can get it and the price. Due to high demand, short supply or human error, occasionally we may be out of stock on an item. If this happens, we will contact you immediately and offer you the option of waiting for the part to come in stock, or a full refund.

Tornado
07/07/2011, 07:53 AM
I had the same thing happen to mine, the part is still available through Merlin for around $75...