PDA

View Full Version : Tornado

Anita
04/28/2011, 09:43 AM
VX'ers

Such horrible destruction and death. Is everyone okay out there? :cryy:

tom4bren
04/28/2011, 10:11 AM
We've been under tornado watches for about 24 hours but nothing has happened around here.

Best of luck to all those in the zone.

Ldub
04/28/2011, 10:34 AM
XV'ers

Such horrible destruction and death. Is everyone okay out there? :cryy:

:_thinking...what's a XV'r...:confused:...:smilewink...:laughing:

Sorry Anita, you KNOW I can't help myself...:angel:

Good ju-ju going out to all in the zone...:yesgray:

Mile High VX
04/28/2011, 11:02 AM
Have family in AR that had damage, but all are okay.

Prayers going out to those affected...:yesy::yeso::yesb::yesgray:

JAMAS
04/28/2011, 11:15 AM
:_thinking...what's a XV'r...:confused:...:smilewink...:laughing:

It got all twisted up in the twister

Anita
04/28/2011, 06:30 PM
Damn you guys... hijacked again...

Really though, stay safe out here.

Grif
04/28/2011, 09:26 PM
Spent last night manning my uber-radar software (GrLevelX) and uploading nexrad images for friends here in Alabama who had abandoned their homes for safer shelter. Many hadn't the luxury of TV or even power at that point and were using 3G on their smart phones to download my near real-time images.

Between hurricanes and tornadoes and tropical storms its somthing I end up doing more often than I wish. Last I heard approx 200 were killed in Alabama alone last night.

WormGod
04/29/2011, 07:01 AM
I had 2 overnight the other night within 5 miles of my house. One tore through a horse ranch, destroying the barn, but luckily the horses managed to get away unharmed. The other ripped through a turkey farm. Most of them were not so lucky.

I have no basement to take shelter in so I just, went to bed. Little tough sleeping through the distant firehouse alarm all night. I am in a very contoured area with many large trees so chances of a touchdown are slim to none on my head anyways.

Mark B
04/29/2011, 07:46 AM
I lived in the mid west growing up (Missouri) and do not ever remember the storms being this severe. I now live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida and 2 weeks ago we had a tornado just a few miles south of my work. It damaged a few homes but not as bad as in the mid west.
My thoughts and prayers go out to those people.

samneil2000
04/29/2011, 08:16 AM
Here in the Memphis, TN area we've been hit by these same storms but luckily have not had a major tornado touch down. God be with those folks in Alabama and surrounding areas. They've got a mess on their hands, along with the loss of loved ones. Very sad.

Moncha
04/29/2011, 05:07 PM
Prayers go out to evryone! Be safe....

johnnyapollo
04/30/2011, 03:14 AM
Went right over us without any issues (even the wind wasn't bad). Got lucky this time.

-- John

rsteinmetz70112
04/30/2011, 08:28 AM
I have friends in AL. They had no damage but expect to be without power for 4 days. They left town to stay with relatives.