PDA

View Full Version : negative camber problem

Wuthrich
05/18/2011, 09:57 AM
'99 Ironman edition - no lift - 106,000

I realize there will be quite a few of you that get upset about a repost, but here is the problem/s I have:

front wheels have gradually increased to a negative camber - you can visually see it, and the wheels are wearing on the inside quite a bit

My question is: Is the only way to correct this through using spacers? If so, what side do you put them on?

Could this be caused by worn shocks or anything else? My ride does have the problem with the bolts in the upper A-arm coming lose like a few of you have stated. Its annoying. What causes this?

Also, I get the same rattle somewhere from the front suspension area some of you talk about when going over bumpy terrain at low speeds. When I check for play in the steering components, I can't find anything lose. Any suggestions? Any help or direction to old threads I haven't found would be much appreciated!

Y33TREKker
05/18/2011, 03:50 PM
Whether you're planning to do this yourself or take it to an alignment shop, This might get you started anyway.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16657&highlight=alignment+shop

As far as the rattle goes, the most common culprit I've heard of around here is the crossmember/tranny mount bolts coming loose/falling out allowing the tranny to move around and bump against other components. There have been members here who have gone to tighten them and discovered them completely MIA. Another place to start?