PDA

View Full Version : Mama, I'm home!

ron
05/23/2011, 08:44 PM
hey guys..

Just wanted to introduce you to my 3rd VX. She's an '01 Ironman, #1109. She was adopted from, my now good friend, Richard Payne and his partner Anthony who delivered an exceptionally clean VX this morning.

However, all was not silver and gold in the VX world as I soon found an unusual gift when I turned on my air conditioner. Dirt and leaves shot out of the vent and a loud rattling vibration sound occurred when the fan was turned to HIGH. I called Anthony, Richard's 'Kato', and explained the noise. He told me to remove the blower which was basically undoing 4 screws underneath the glove compartment. When I dropped the blower, a whole handful of half eaten acorn shells spilled out along with some leafy debris. Looked like a little rodent may have felt very comfortable in the VX to store one of their winter stashes of food, LOL! Got her cleaned out and re-installed. Worked like a charm!

I went over the vehicle meticulously and found that the vehicle was in very good condition considering it's age and higher mileage. Nevertheless, she looked good and ran great!

Like to thank both Richard and Anthony for having the patience in answering all my questions before, during, and after the sale of this beauty. I am very pleased with this long distance transaction for a used vehicle never seen nor test driven beforehand. Both Richard and Anthony made themselves available to address any of my needs and inquiries. I became comfortable and trusted both gents in their word and opinion.

Anyone considering purchasing one in the near future, I suggest you check out Richard's line up first. I've had a chance to check out 2 VXs that were somewhat local to me, prior to this one, and they were no match to the level of condition and refurbishing that both gentlemen put into each one they sell. Cudos to you both!:yesb:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5512/sam0314f.jpg

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/778/sam0313m.jpg

Grif
05/23/2011, 08:57 PM
Looks nice Ron! Glad you were able to find a decent VX. But its white.... lol

Triathlete
05/23/2011, 09:01 PM
Welcome back to the fold Ron. The Ironman looks nice.

LittleBeast
05/23/2011, 10:09 PM
Perfect! White is my 2nd favorite VX color nice to have you back! :-)

Knigh7s
05/23/2011, 10:27 PM
Nice! Good to have you back for sure! =)

Riff Raff
05/23/2011, 10:29 PM
Looks nice, Ron. Now just put some "NASA" decals on the rear tire hump & C-Pillars and you'll be set. Maybe get a Vanity Plate with "NASA" or "AREA-51" to finish the theme. Enjoy & Welcome Back!!!

:bgwb:

VX KAT
05/23/2011, 11:25 PM
WooHoo! Glad you found a nice one! The white skids look great too!

vt_maverick
05/24/2011, 02:23 AM
Congrats Ron! Glad you had a good experience with Richard, though I wonder how a dealer could go over a truck thoroughly and somehow forget to try out the A/C. :confused:

Good to hear it was a simple fix!

workmeistr
05/24/2011, 03:35 AM
The white skid look great on your Ironman. Welcome back, ron.

johnnyapollo
05/24/2011, 04:56 AM
Awesome Ron - glad to see you back in the fold!

-- John

samneil2000
05/24/2011, 06:16 AM
Looks great. Welcome back!

Mile High VX
05/24/2011, 06:43 AM
Looks great Ron!

Welcome back and I know you'll be rolling out the mods in no time...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

WormGod
05/24/2011, 07:40 AM
Good looking IronMan! Welcome back Ron.

Moncha
05/24/2011, 08:32 AM
Brother RON, welcome back!!! hope all is going well with you and your family.

Gussie2000
05/24/2011, 09:02 AM
Perfect! White is my 2nd favorite VX color nice to have you back! :-)

X2 :yesb:

Congrats ron

White is my 2nd choice after black,that baby looks so sharp.

As everyone else said welcome back ron.Hope soon you have plans to build some of those nice mods again.

Good luck and have fun :yesb:

nfpgasmask
05/24/2011, 09:49 AM
Ron, very, very cool!!! I think you are over in the Bay Area, no? We'll have to meet up sometime.

I can't wait for Justin (Zeus) to make a thread like this. I know it will happen, someday....

:) Bart

Child's Play
05/24/2011, 09:59 AM
Congrats Ron!!!!! Nice looking IronMan.... Can't wait for you to start offering accessories & mods again... Looking forward to doing business with you!

ron
05/24/2011, 11:24 AM
Thank you everyone!!! It's good to be back home, again! Missed the community (you don't know how much!) as well as the VX itself!

When I talked with Anthony, he had tested the blower during his routine inspection. We figured that the rodent must've got into the truck during the 3-day transport while the driver was parked somewhere between here and Colorado. I was just glad that no dead or live pissed off rodent was with the stash!

Regarding mods, I'm working on a few new ones as we speak. I'm trying to finish at least two new prototypes by June 4th as I'm planning to attend a local car show. But long term, I've got a few ideas that I'm itchin' to build.

I forgot how much fun it was of owning and driving the truck was. My wife, Cindy, myself and the girls were driving through town yesterday and we couldn't believe how much attention this truck still gets after 10 years.

nfpgasmask...I'll post another thread after the June 4th car show to see if anyone in the area wants to have a get together. Been a long time, it seems, to get together w/ fellow Vxers. So, I'm looking forward to meeting new and old faces again!

Anyways, the truck is at the shop getting the 100k timing belt/water pump replaced as I type. Cant' wait to pick her up afterwards to drive another 100k! Woo Hoo!!!!:yeso:

JAMAS
05/24/2011, 11:46 AM
welcome back!.....

....Now get to work :):)

nfpgasmask
05/24/2011, 11:50 AM
nfpgasmask...I'll post another thread after the June 4th car show to see if anyone in the area wants to have a get together. Been a long time, it seems, to get together w/ fellow Vxers. So, I'm looking forward to meeting new and old faces again!

June 4th car show??? What June 4th car show???

Yeah, an area meet up would be cool. For some reason, San Francisco seems to be a hole in the online VX community. I know there are VXers there, I've seen em!! It would be cool to do an Isuzu event in general.

Bart

RICHARD PAYNE
05/24/2011, 05:52 PM
It was our pleasure to help you. When can we get some skid plates?

ZEUS
05/24/2011, 06:42 PM
Congrats on the purchase Ron! Looks like a nice find.

I can't wait for Justin (Zeus) to make a thread like this. I know it will happen, someday....

:) BartSomeday oh someday... fell in love with them all over again this last week! :o

ron
05/24/2011, 09:33 PM
June 4th car show??? What June 4th car show???

Yeah, an area meet up would be cool. For some reason, San Francisco seems to be a hole in the online VX community. I know there are VXers there, I've seen em!! It would be cool to do an Isuzu event in general.

Bart

hi Bart...

Here's the link for the car show that I'll be attending. If you can make it then, it would be great!

http://northbaycarshow.com/vehicle-registration/

I'm also scheduled to attend a show on Sat., July 9th and another on Sunday, the 10th.

Yeah, I'll be posting a thread after this upcoming show for local Vxers if they want to get together some time this summer. rudy (ron)