PDA

View Full Version : DC Micro Meet?

vt_maverick
05/24/2011, 06:31 PM
Alright guys, I'm in DC for some training this week, and the only thing more boring than the class is sitting in a hotel room every night. I'm here through Friday afternoon - anybody interested in grabbing dinner tomorrow or Thursday? I'm open to suggestions other than fast food - Five Guys last night and Long John Silver's tonight have me full-up on grease for the month. :o

Don't have the VX with me, just a rental, but I'd love to compare notes!

workmeistr
05/24/2011, 06:42 PM
I'm in Chantilly next week; a week late and a dollar short...

vt_maverick
05/24/2011, 06:43 PM
Doh!

etlsport
05/24/2011, 07:15 PM
i might be able to swing thursday night... ill let you know how the week progresses

If we get rain up here Thursday Ill be to Frederick by like 5 and I can head over. If it's nice I wont be there until friday afternoon

WormGod
05/25/2011, 07:07 AM
In DC where exactly? Weekdays/nights are MISERABLE (c'mon, voted worse traffic in the US). I am also in crunch time here at work but think something might be managed if it isn't too far.

vt_maverick
05/25/2011, 07:10 AM
I'm at Tyson's Corner. Bethesda is just across the Potomac right?

tom4bren
05/25/2011, 09:41 AM
Bad timing. Evenings are full getting ready for a road trip this weekend (TN for neice's wedding). We'll hook up this summer in W'burg though.

vt_maverick
05/26/2011, 04:01 AM
Bad timing. Evenings are full getting ready for a road trip this weekend (TN for neice's wedding). We'll hook up this summer in W'burg though.

Will have to be before June 9th, that's when we're moving to Blacksburg. :yesy:

vt_maverick
05/26/2011, 04:02 AM
i might be able to swing thursday night... ill let you know how the week progresses

If we get rain up here Thursday Ill be to Frederick by like 5 and I can head over. If it's nice I wont be there until friday afternoon

In DC where exactly? Weekdays/nights are MISERABLE (c'mon, voted worse traffic in the US). I am also in crunch time here at work but think something might be managed if it isn't too far.

So... are you guys in or out?

tom4bren
05/26/2011, 05:04 AM
Will have to be before June 9th, that's when we're moving to Blacksburg. :yesy:

OK, then we'll hook up next time we're down at Natural Bridge. That'd be a Kodak moment - a line of VX's running through the Safari Park.

etlsport
05/26/2011, 05:50 AM
looks like I'm out, weather looks to be nice so I'll be making an apperance at a car show tonight, and my dry cleaning that was supposed to be picked up yesterday.. still isnt ready so my trip will be delayed.

I'm going to be up at Mountain Lake for the 4th of July this year, if you are in Blacksburg then maybe I can stop in to say hey.

WormGod
05/26/2011, 06:45 AM
Ya, I have late meetings NOW scheduled today and tomorrow evening before I can get out of the office (E3 prep !@#$). Barely getting enough time for a smoke break. Seriously trying to get out and do something soon though. I haven't done anything VX or Subie gathering related in a couple of years.

I am still pretty interested in perhaps a late summer weekend camping trip.

vt_maverick
05/26/2011, 06:56 AM
looks like I'm out, weather looks to be nice so I'll be making an apperance at a car show tonight, and my dry cleaning that was supposed to be picked up yesterday.. still isnt ready so my trip will be delayed.

I'm going to be up at Mountain Lake for the 4th of July this year, if you are in Blacksburg then maybe I can stop in to say hey.

No worries. July 4th sounds great right now, I'll have to consult with the wife to see if we're supposed to be somewhere else though. I'll let you know.

vt_maverick
05/26/2011, 07:02 AM
Ya, I have late meetings NOW scheduled today and tomorrow evening before I can get out of the office (E3 prep !@#$). Barely getting enough time for a smoke break. Seriously trying to get out and do something soon though. I haven't done anything VX or Subie gathering related in a couple of years.

I am still pretty interested in perhaps a late summer weekend camping trip.

I understand, work is crazy right now for me too. Unfortunately late summer is out for me, Sonya is due August 19th.

workmeistr
05/26/2011, 12:32 PM
I'm literally at the Tyson's Corner Marriot next week, Ash. Too bad, we could have compared rental cars :p

vt_maverick
05/26/2011, 01:48 PM
I'm literally at the Tyson's Corner Marriot next week, Ash. Too bad, we could have compared rental cars :p

:mady:

fuzzy
05/26/2011, 05:39 PM
Dang. See what I get for not checking the forum more often. And what's up with you leaving Hampton Roads area now that I'm on tap for a summer in Norfolk (doing the military schooling thing)?

vt_maverick
05/26/2011, 07:40 PM
Must be following in Bren's (workmeistr's) footsteps, he was in Norfolk for school too. Don't worry, we'll see if we can't get together at the new place (if you guys are willing to drive 3-5 hours) sometime this summer.

:hj: PM an update on the 'wac when you get a sec.