PDA

View Full Version : ABS Lite

tom4bren
05/31/2011, 03:00 AM
WooHoo - I'm now a member of the elite club of ABS lite members. It came on last week.

Haven't started trying to track down the problem yet. Maybe I can take care of that pesky lite & the TOD lite all in 1 swell foop.

Don't rush to burst my bubble though ... I still believe in Santa Clause & the Easter Bunny too.

RickOKC
05/31/2011, 05:01 AM
Welcome!

Ldub
05/31/2011, 06:02 AM
Mine came on last winter for a day or so, during a few days of WAY below zero temps. IIRC, it came on in the morning & was off, after having fixed itself, on the way home...:thumbup:

There is still hope...:smilewink

WormGod
05/31/2011, 06:54 AM
Mine has been on so long, it should have burned out already. :bgwo:

RamAirZ
05/31/2011, 08:33 AM
So this ABS Lite club, is that a club for the lower calorie version of ABS?

Marlin
05/31/2011, 10:30 AM
No, its like the old troopers, they only have rear ABS:)
If you like it, then you can pay a fee and get the complete version.
I also wonder how long that light will stay on before burning out, I was trouble shooting mine, it seems someone (who shall remain nameless) cut the ABS sensor lines and cut the brackets off the front calipers. They even pulled the fuse. They are probably wanting to just remove the ABS unit and hardpipe the whole thing next...:smack:

tom4bren
05/31/2011, 10:51 AM
Nah, the ABS lite is that little flash of revelation when you do something incredibly stooopid.

ABS = Absolutely Brilliant, Stupid

My first experience was when I was a kid & tried hitting a basketball with a baseball bat ... you do the math. Of course in that situation, the ABS lite was probably a concussion.

Marlin
05/31/2011, 10:54 AM
My first experience was when I was a kid & tried hitting a basketball with a baseball bat ... you do the math. Of course in that situation, the ABS lite was probably a concussion.

If I was drinking milk, it would have come out my nose....LMFAO!

It explains the offset though.

tom4bren
05/31/2011, 11:19 AM
It explains the offset though.

If that's what it takes to 'splain my offset ...

... wonder what you did as a kid to 'splain the Marlin-stein mobile???

Marlin
05/31/2011, 11:29 AM
If that's what it takes to 'splain my offset ...

... wonder what you did as a kid to 'splain the Marlin-stein mobile???

My parents had this special room where they stored various containers of paint, thinners, and other chemicals. They called the room.....something along the lines of "the boys' bedroom".

tom4bren
05/31/2011, 11:34 AM
My parents had this special room where they stored various containers of paint, thinners, and other chemicals. They called the room.....something along the lines of "the boys' bedroom".

ROFL

I was thinkin more along the lines of a trampoline in the carport.

Gussie2000
05/31/2011, 05:46 PM
Welcome to the hood of non-ABS riders.

technocoy
05/31/2011, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the hood of non-ABS riders.

.... And we don't STOP!

Bob Barker
05/31/2011, 07:19 PM
It may be an elite club but it's deff not an exclusive club :laughb:

tom4bren
06/01/2011, 05:16 AM
It may be an elite club but it's deff not an exclusive club :laughb:

Yah, rekin they'll let just about anybody in.:)

handeeman
06/01/2011, 07:36 AM
Yah, rekin they'll let just about anybody in.:)

"Ta Dah"
Wow TY for letting me in the club, it's so nice to be a member of something so important and worthwhile. That's what I love about this family.
My ABS light is kinda like my mental awareness state, sometimes the lights on, but there's no one home. Other times there's no light on at all (kinda like a blank stare).
However, whether it's on or off "I feel strongly both ways". :smilewink

mdwyer
06/01/2011, 08:29 AM
Maybe I can take care of that pesky lite & the TOD lite all in 1 swell foop.

Well, at the risk of bursting your bubble, the TOD and ABS systems are almost completely separate, as far as I can tell. At the very least, they use separate speed sensors.

Besides, then you'd be out of the ABS Lite club! Why would you ever want to leave this club?!