PDA

View Full Version : Bolt size for rear seat.

housertl
06/17/2011, 08:01 AM
My VX got here today, and the A$$hat of a dealer didn't tell me that the front mounts for the rear seats are not secured. I found out when I went to pull up the right rear seat from the cargo door by the strap, and the entire seat came with it.

What size bolts do I need to fix the seat back in, and will it need any more than a standard wrench?

Thanks!

bearandbee
12/07/2011, 03:59 PM
anybody have this answer or a pic of the bolts for backseat?? I just bought a used seat and now need to install.

tom4bren
12/08/2011, 05:00 AM
houser,

If you look in the shop manual available in the download section, that bolt is called the 'Rear Seat Hinge Fixing Bolt'. Pix are on pages 8G-4

It looks like the parts manual lists it as part# 89438 46970 if you wanted to try to order some from Merlin.

I'll see if I can pull one of mine & run by Lowes to see what size it is.

Tom

circmand
12/08/2011, 05:42 AM
Merlin that way you not only have the right size but right thread and strength.

tom4bren
12/08/2011, 05:53 AM
Merlin that way you not only have the right size but right thread and strength.

Well, give me some credit. I'd make sure I gave him the right pitch when I determined the size:):):)

samneil2000
12/08/2011, 06:53 AM
If I'm not mistaken, some members have used some sort of similar sized pins to replace the bolts. That way if they want to remove the rear seat it's as simple as pulling two pins. A search will probably yield the thread where the proper hardware was discussed.

tom4bren
12/08/2011, 07:06 AM
Yah, those bolts are the ones that run through the hinge though. He's looking for the bolts that attach the hinge to the floor.

Since his seats are currently discombobulated though, now would be a good time for him to make that conversion.

samneil2000
12/08/2011, 07:35 AM
Yah, those bolts are the ones that run through the hinge though. He's looking for the bolts that attach the hinge to the floor.

Since his seats are currently discombobulated though, now would be a good time for him to make that conversion.

Gotcha. Missed that detail the first time through. Thanks

tom4bren
12/08/2011, 08:29 AM
Actually, it could be either bolt that he's missing. I'm assuming that it was the bolt(s) to the floor. I could be wrong but I'll never admit it. Hopefully he'll check in soon and let us know which.

bearandbee
12/08/2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks everyone! I got lucky at autozone and found a mix pack of bolts/nuts for Asian cars. After forcing all the rust out by using a rubber mallet with the rachet, they went in pretty easily. I will post sizes when I get home. And it was the bolts for the hinge to floor, not the pin inside the spring. Also the seat design with all the options and ability to fold out of the way is the best I've seen!

Scott Larson
12/08/2011, 03:57 PM
Since his seats are currently discombobulated though, now would be a good time for him to make that conversion.[/QUOTE]

Discombobulated, I've always liked that word...so discriptive!!:winko:

tom4bren
12/09/2011, 04:29 AM

Discombobulated, I've always liked that word...so discriptive!!:winko:[/QUOTE]

Yah, but the question of the day is: did I spell it right???

Scott Larson
12/10/2011, 01:48 PM
According to Merriam Webster you did, and he knows everything!! :yeso:

Triathlete
12/10/2011, 02:37 PM
According to Merriam Webster you did, and he knows everything!! :yeso:

Eye tat im wale!

Scott Larson
12/10/2011, 05:09 PM
Woy, 'at ye did mate...